Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2011, 02:00 PM

63,461 posts, read 39,726,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
You base this opinion on your own thoughts and opinions. You have made God in your own image.
No . . . I base it on intelligent hermeneutics, eisegesis and extensive knowledge of many scientific disciplines . . . as the so-called religious leaders SHOULD have been doing for the past 2000+ years . . . instead of stagnating at the level of our superstitious ignorant ancestors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Jesus is the same yesterday , today and forever. Jesus is the word. It is always for today no matter when the date or day.
Yes . . . as you have been told many times . . . God is the same . . . but our human understanding of God is the problem. Jesus revealed a very different God from the one described in the OT. You and our negligent so-called religious leaders have tried to merge them using the lamest of excuses and rationales. The earliest so-called leaders corrupted the Gospel of Christ to make it consistent with the ignorant and superstitious beliefs of our primitive ancestors for political and power reasons. You can trust those ignorant power hungry so-called leaders . . . or you can trust that Christ is the Truth, the Way and the Life. I know who I believe knows the mind of God (Jesus Christ) . . . but you can believe those ancient ignorant prophets knew better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
So...according to you...because I don't believe the precepts, doctrines and dogma that you do...I'm now fallen???????????

I hate to burst your fundamentalist bubble...but I am in no way, shape or form fallen. I have a wonderful relationship with God and it is a REAL relationship with the REAL God...not a relationship based on what was written in an ancient book...for that is NOT THE REAL GOD and if you took the time to seek the SPIRIT WITHIN...you also would KNOW that.
Quote:
It is God to judge you . It is the word that will judge you. What I am saying is that the fallen who has not accepted Jesus Christ as savior and lord and follow him through his word ;their righteousness is like filty rags compared to the righteousness of God. That ancient book is the word of the REAL GOD.
You really need to look inward to your attitudes and ask yourself who the accuser is. Taratova. You did NOT just say "the fallen: . . . you accused Christy of being fallen. You are not exhibiting the "love of God and each other" as I had thought. Your posts are judgmental and unloving using YOUR prideful belief in the truth of YOUR understanding to accuse others.

Old 06-04-2011, 02:13 PM

33,510 posts, read 18,009,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
No . . . I base it on intelligent hermeneutics, eisegesis and extensive knowledge of many scientific disciplines . . . as the so-called religious leaders SHOULD have been doing for the past 2000+ years . . . instead of stagnating at the level of our superstitious ignorant ancestors.
Yes . . . as you have been told many times . . . God is the same . . . but our human understanding of God is the problem. Jesus revealed a very different God from the one described in the OT. You and our negligent so-called religious leaders have tried to merge them using the lamest of excuses and rationales. The earliest so-called leaders corrupted the Gospel of Christ to make it consistent with the ignorant and superstitious beliefs of our primitive ancestors for political and power reasons. You can trust those ignorant power hungry so-called leaders . . . or you can trust that Christ is the Truth, the Way and the Life. I know who I believe knows the mind of God (Jesus Christ) . . . but you can believe those ancient ignorant prophets knew better.

You really need to look inward to your attitudes and ask yourself who the accuser is. Taratova. You did NOT just say "the fallen: . . . you accused Christy of being fallen. You are not exhibiting the "love of God and each other" as I had thought. Your posts are judgmental and unloving using YOUR prideful belief in the truth of YOUR understanding to accuse others.
You are way off. I said the word of God will judge. I said the fallen . I know what I said and you jump to conclusions. Gee. Get a grip!! Read it again!

If the word accuses someone , it is the word. You are misjudging what I posted.. Where exactly did I say Christy is fallen ??? You can't even decipher what I wrote correctly.- how can you possibly understand what God says?

Old 06-04-2011, 02:20 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,462,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
No, however, the resurrection was more important and we should learn of that.

Actually, thou shall not kill means to respect life and honor God as the creator of that life. When you take the life of another, for whatever reason, you dishonor life and the consequences reflect that. Even if you killed to protect yourself, you will still pay the consequesnce for not respecting life.
Thou shalt not kill (murder; kill without cause) means exactly what it says. You may add more to that if you like, but you're going a little far afield. Why not just accept what it says and leave it at that?

Quote:
If you understand Love and the Laws of God, there are better ways to handle conflict other than killing. The Pharasees didn't understand Jesus. They saw Him as threat, as you do with your own religion when another belief is entered into the equasion.
You don't know me. Please don't ascribe characteristics to me which you know nothing about. I've never killed ANYBODY over his religion, nor do I feel the impulse to do so. Have you?

Quote:
They killed the threat just so that they could continue the control. When someone tells you of a belief that is different than yours, you go into defense mode instead of learning and understanding that persons particular belief.
Maybe you do that, but I don't. I want to know what others believe and why.

Quote:
You, and others like you, emphatically believe you are correct while everyone else is wrong, even when you have not experienced anothers beliefs, religion or life.
There are no others like me. I'm as unique as you are. Moreover, you have no idea what I've experienced or believed about anything, so what gives you the right to impugn my reputation or character?

Old 06-04-2011, 02:22 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,462,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
God doesn't need our permission to save us.
He desires our permission. Otherwise, He would not have made believing in Christ a precondition for salvation.

Old 06-04-2011, 03:02 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,192,722 times
Quote:
You need prayer to open your eyes to the word of God. Ask God to open your eyes and show you the full meaning of God's word. I would not tell you this if it wasn't so.

Jesus paid the price for your sins. You need to be reunited to God through the sacrifice that Jesus made on the cross. Jesus died so you would live.

If you do not accept that sacrifice, you are not reunited to God . That is the first belief you must put in your heart. There is no other sacrifice to reunite sinners to God.

You must know God through his word. There is no spirit other than the Holy Spirit to guide you. The word is here to edify and direct you as you live your life in Christ.
Ridiculously incongruous, and nothing but Self-Induced Nonsense, talk about a filthy rag that missing the mark.

Those who live according to the sinful nature have their minds set on what that nature desires, but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their mind set on what the Spirit desires.
I have found that in the most difficult times in life, the Spirit has a gentle way of holding us up and shining light, love, peace and hope into our minds and hearts. We just need to remember that
this infinite, unconditional love, lives within each of us. But you will need to let it come to the surface.

"Because you are sons, the SPIRIT has sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying Abba, Father."
As giving a joint testimony, testifying with our Spirit that we are (all) the children of God.

Know you not, that Jesus Christ is in you?

If the only new thing we have to offer is an improved version of the past (the sacrificial system of the old-mindset or thoughts of men), then today is just a reflection of yesterday with no hope for tomorrow.

1 Corinthians 13:4-8

Love is patient.

Love is kind:
It does not envy.
It does not boast.
It is not proud.
It is not rude.
It is not self-seeking.
It is not easily angered.
It keeps no record of wrongs.

Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices with the truth:
It always protects.
It always trusts.
It always hopes.
It always perseveres for Love never fails.

Old 06-04-2011, 03:10 PM

33,510 posts, read 18,009,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Ridiculously incongruous, and nothing but Self-Induced Nonsense, talk about a filthy rag that missing the mark.

Those who live according to the sinful nature have their minds set on what that nature desires, but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their mind set on what the Spirit desires.
I have found that in the most difficult times in life, the Spirit has a gentle way of holding us up and shining light, love, peace and hope into our minds and hearts. We just need to remember that
this infinite, unconditional love, lives within each of us. But you will need to let it come to the surface.

"Because you are sons, the SPIRIT has sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying Abba, Father." As giving a joint testimony, testifying with our Spirit that we are (all) the children of God.

Know you not, that Jesus Christ is in you?

If the only new thing we have to offer is an improved version of the past (the sacrificial system of the old-mindset or thoughts of men), then today is just a reflection of yesterday with no hope for tomorrow.

1 Corinthians 13:4-8
Love is patient.

Love is kind:
It does not envy.
It does not boast.
It is not proud.
It is not rude.
It is not self-seeking.
It is not easily angered.
It keeps no record of wrongs.

Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices with the truth:
It always protects.
It always trusts.
It always hopes.
It always perseveres for Love never fails.

You do not believe that Jesus died for your sins?

Old 06-04-2011, 04:07 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,192,722 times
Quote:
You do not believe that Jesus died for your sins?
Jesus was BUTCHERED (violently murdered or slain) because of the DISPOSITION AND OPPOSITION (foundation) of the INHABITANTS (world).

"The people crucified him; and in the canons of their own minds, they still do to this very day ."

It appears to me that the death of Jesus was brought about through human volition, given the political and religious powers of the day. Although at the same time, Jesus was fully aware that his message (the Kingdom) and what he represented to the status quo, would ultimately lead to his own death. Thus, his life was an issue in setting the captives free from the established sects of the day. But his death was not divinely foreordained as a penal substitution, whereas, there is no greater love than to lay one's own life down for that of another.
The wages of sin is still death. So, to simply answer the question, no, he died not for sin' but because of it. Yet, he rose again to give us life, now that's unconditional love. Read 1 Corinthians 13, until you comprehend it!

4969. sphazo sfad'-zo a primary verb; to butcher (especially an animal for food or in sacrifice) or (generally) to slaughter, or (specially), violently):--kill, to maim, slay, wound.
katabole kat-ab-ol-ay' from 2598; a deposition, i.e. founding; figuratively, conception:--conceive, foundation.

2598. kataballo kat-ab-al'-lo from 2596 and 906; to throw down:--cast down, lay.

2596. kata kat-ah' a primary particle; (prepositionally) down (in place or time), in varied relations [according to the case (genitive, dative or accusative) with which it is joined]:--about according as (to), after, against, (when they were) X alone, among, and, X apart, (even, like) as (concerning, pertaining to touching), X aside, at, before, beyond, by, to the charge of, (charita-)bly, concerning, + covered, (dai-)ly, down, every, (+ far more) exceeding, X more excellent, for, from ... to, godly, in(-asmuch, divers, every, -to, respect of), ... by, after the manner of, + by any means, beyond (out of) measure, X mightily, more, X natural, of (up-)on (X part), out (of every), over against, (+ your) X own, + particularly, so, through (-oughout, -oughout every), thus, (un-)to(-gether, -ward), X uttermost, where(-by), with. In composition it retains many of these applications, and frequently denotes opposition, distribution, or intensity.

906. ballo bal'-lo a primary verb; to throw (in various applications, more or less violent or intense):--arise, cast (out), X dung, lay, lie, pour, put (up), send, strike, throw (down), thrust.

2889. kosmos kos'-mos probably from the base of 2865; orderly arrangement, i.e. decoration; by implication, the world (in a wide or narrow sense, including its inhabitants, literally or figuratively (morally)):--adorning, world.

Last edited by Jerwade; 06-04-2011 at 04:16 PM..

Old 06-04-2011, 04:15 PM

6,370 posts, read 6,993,761 times
Quote:
God wants you to accept the Holy Spirit. He does not force anything on anyone. It is our full choice.
If we are carnal before we are Spiritual (as God's Word says) then you must be forced to become Spiritual.

Rom 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

See? How can one who is Carnal ever be saved? Your comment is that it is FULLY our choice. Yet the Potter who forms the clay says He is the one that does the molding. The clay doesn't say I have chosen to be formed into a vessel of honor.

I suggest you read Romans chapter 9 and know it well.

Old 06-04-2011, 04:16 PM

6,370 posts, read 6,993,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
He desires our permission. Otherwise, He would not have made believing in Christ a precondition for salvation.
But the BELIEF itself can ONLY come from God and that BELIEF is nothing earned or manufactured by the carnal man. Belief itself is a gift from God.

Old 06-04-2011, 04:27 PM

17,156 posts, read 11,306,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
You're cherry picking that verse to believe what you want to believe. Here's what came before:

r 5:17 Therefore if any man [be] in Christ, [he is] a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

2Cr 5:18 And all things [are] of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

2Cr 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

See the emboldened parts? Paul here is talking about those IN CHRIST, whom God sent to reconcile us to Himself. He's not talking about everyone, just those who believe in Christ.

I already addressed that in my post so I won't go over it again.

But here ... everybody does it so you might as well have a fancy one like I do.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity