Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 07:08 PM

672 posts, read 661,886 times

Advertisements

kat:

Quote:
Gal 3:13 Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law
Not if you are one of the one's He is Speaking to in Matt 25:41

Matt 25:41

41Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2011, 09:14 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,475,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by savedbysovereigngrace View Post
kat:

Not if you are one of the one's He is Speaking to in Matt 25:41

Matt 25:41

41Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
Yet the cursed are redeemed...

So if I am cursed I'll just wait til I'm redeemed.

Deuteronomy 21:23 you must not leave his body on the tree overnight. Be sure to bury him that same day, because anyone who is hung on a tree is under God's curse. You must not desecrate the land the LORD your God is giving you as an inheritance.

If Christ was cursed, I'm not too worried.. I trust God will figure out SOME way to redeem me!

Isaiah 44:22 I have swept away your offenses like a cloud, your sins like the morning mist. Return to me, for I have redeemed you."

Isaiah 43:25 "I, even I, am he who blots out your transgressions, for my own sake, and remembers your sins no more.

Thank God!

Old 07-01-2011, 10:19 PM

874 posts, read 1,642,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Is the stupidity of man forever? I hope not.
Will ignorance seek the truth? Not until you open your mind.

Old 07-02-2011, 04:30 AM

kat

Quote:
Yet the cursed are redeemed...

No they are not. The redeemed were never cursed. They were blessed from the foundation. Matt 25:34

34Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

The Kingdom was prepared for them from the foundation of the world, thats part of their being blessed. They were created in Adam already blessed by the Father and Eternal Heirs of the Kingdom.

Old 07-02-2011, 05:22 AM

Quote:
kat

No they are not. The redeemed were never cursed. They were blessed from the foundation. Matt 25:34

34Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

The Kingdom was prepared for them from the foundation of the world, thats part of their being blessed. They were created in Adam already blessed by the Father and Eternal Heirs of the Kingdom.
What exactly do you think theyare redeemed from? The verses are clear. Jesus was cursed, yet redeemed.

All men were created in Adam.

God foreknew all men.
Psa 139:13-16 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.

1 Cor 2:7 No, we speak of God's secret wisdom, a wisdom that has been hidden and that God destined for our glory before time began.

what you seem is confused as to what contextually fits with what.

Old 07-02-2011, 06:51 AM

kat

Quote:
What exactly do you think theyare redeemed from?
The curse of the Law, Christ being made a curse for them. If God cursed Christ in their behalf, then He became accursed and not them. They were blessed from the foundation. Matt 25:34

Both the word Blessed and prepared are in the greek in the perfect tense, denoting that they subsist together at the same time. Now its quite obvious when the Kingdom was prepared for them !

Old 07-02-2011, 07:12 AM

kat:

Quote:
God foreknew all men.
Thats a lie Matt 7:23

23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Old 07-02-2011, 07:19 AM

455 posts, read 631,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Is the stupidity of man forever? I hope not.

Old 07-02-2011, 12:35 PM

Quote:
kat:

Thats a lie Matt 7:23

23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
Is it? If you pay attention to words (perhaps thats not your forte) then you would notice I said God foreknew all men. Foreknew means to know beforehand. The verse you cite says 'knew' as in acknowledge.

Totally separate things. Psalms 139 is clearly representative of the fact that a creator knows those he created from the beginning.

I don't acknowledge a lot of people I foreknew...

So ultimately that verse does not say what you want it to say.
God foreknew all men.
For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers.

Old 07-02-2011, 02:17 PM

910 posts, read 1,331,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
John 5
[26] For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;
[27] And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.
[28] Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
[29] And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

It would be hard to conclude that damnation isn't forever, otherwise Jesus would have said something like "they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of purifying fire".
'resurrection of damnation', means incarnation of suffering and misery. When they die, they still have another chance to incarnate depending on how they handled the previous incarnation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity