U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2011, 10:50 AM

672 posts, read 579,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
So are you going to show us where I posted that I told an individual that God hated them ? I would not tell you that, because I don't know if God hates you or not. I never have told anyone that. You should apologize for your false accusing, if you don't have any statement saying that I told any individual that God hates them. It would be foolish to tell an individual that, and they turn about to be one of His Jacobs that He Loves, but it would be just as foolish and presumptuous to tell any individual that God loves them, and they turn out to be one of the Esau's That He hated ! So I never tell individuals that, but I do present the Truth of scripture that God does Hate some People, and that God does Love some People. If you do not apologize, I have nothing else to say to you.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2011, 11:14 AM

17,049 posts, read 9,048,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by savedbysovereigngrace View Post
So are you going to show us where I posted that I told an individual that God hated them ? I would not tell you that, because I don't know if God hates you or not. I never have told anyone that. You should apologize for your false accusing, if you don't have any statement saying that I told any individual that God hates them. It would be foolish to tell an individual that, and they turn about to be one of His Jacobs that He Loves, but it would be just as foolish and presumptuous to tell any individual that God loves them, and they turn out to be one of the Esau's That He hated ! So I never tell individuals that, but I do present the Truth of scripture that God does Hate some People, and that God does Love some People. If you do not apologize, I have nothing else to say to you.
Okay, sure, I apologize for being too ambiguous with the way I worded it. I wasn't thinking that you went around telling specific people that he hates them (and I am very, very glad to hear that you don't!) and I'm sorry that I seemed to imply that. I can definitely see where my wording could give you that impression.

I still don't understand what possible good you are hoping to accomplish by saying that God hates people. Why would it be good for ANYONE to think they might be hated by God with no possibility of ever being loved? How is it helpful for them to think they might be an "Esau" if they can't do anything about it? Wouldn't it be the kind thing to do to at least allow people to have hope in THIS life if they supposedly have no hope for the next and no possibility of changing their destiny? What ARE you hoping to accomplish?

Old 06-05-2011, 11:14 AM

2,442 posts, read 2,814,911 times
One scripture used to really tick me off!
But I see it in a new way & it's one of my favorites now!

It's in Matthew 15, where a Canaan woman pleaded with Jesus to heal her daughter.
Jesus didn't answer her, yet she persisted, so his apostles told Jesus to "send her away, for she crieth after us."
Then Jesus said, "I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel."
Yet still, this Canaan woman persisted & worshiped him & pleaded for his help.
Jesus answered, "It is not meet to take the children's bread, & to cast it to dogs."
And she said, "Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table."
Then Jesus answered her, "O woman, great is thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from that very hour."

It used to bother me that Jesus would show such prejudice - to refer to this woman as a dog & that he was only to help those of Israel! Yet, when I looked closer, I believe, there's an important lesson being taught here. It's like Jesus was testing her to see if she was keeping one of the greatest commandments... to love oneself, even when others esteem you as naught... and Jesus found that she was keeping that commandment & blessed her for it!

How often, I've tried to get love from others, instead of loving myself, only to be disappointed, because nobody's perfect... & I'm meant & commanded to love myself.
By loving myself, I love God (since the kingdom of God is within) & can better love others.

Old 06-05-2011, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
How often, I've tried to get love from others, instead of loving myself, only to be disappointed, because nobody's perfect... & I'm meant & commanded to love myself.
By doing so, I love God (since the kingdom of God is within) & can better love others.

SuperSoul, that is inspired, beautiful and uplifting. Thank you for sharing.

Old 06-05-2011, 11:23 AM

2,526 posts, read 2,524,140 times
Quote:
ple:

I dont go around telling people that, that is a false assumption on your part of me. Please stick to what I have stated in the posts I have provided.
SBSG -

I've asked repeatedly what YOU mean by the term "hate". I need to know this in order to understand what kingdom you represent.

You've given me Strong's definition as your answer.

Strong's merely states the translation of the words ָשֵׂנא (Hebrew) and μισέω (Greek) into the English language. Into our English kingdom, as it were.

However, that is not the language of the Kingdom.

There is a spiritual language that defines the words of scripture. That language is Christ, the Logos.

Jesus gives us the true definition of "hate". Christ tells us how to understand the term "hate" within His Kingdom:

Mat 6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

And Jesus draws a further comparison for us, here:

Luk 14:26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

And in contrast, Jesus tells us, through Paul, what the word "hate" means:

Eph 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

Eph 5:28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.

From this, we understand that God is to be loved supremely (in contrast) over the other. We are called to "hate" everything else in contrast to God. However, this does not negate or redefine our "love" for the "hated". Here is how Jesus (regarding His humanity) loves those He "hated".

1Co 13:4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
1Co 13:5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
1Co 13:6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
1Co 13:7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
1Co 13:8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

Whether you believe this or not, we are saved by Christ's faith [Greek: πιστευει] translated as believeth, not ours. And it is said here to be of ALL THINGS.

The last attribute of love is also important. Love never fails. Christ came to seek and to save the lost. And by implication: The "hated", or as scripture tells us: when we were His "enemies". This love for the "hated" will not fail.

This is Christ's definition of whom He "hates". Is this YOUR definition also?

Old 06-05-2011, 11:34 AM

ple:

Quote:
Okay, sure, I apologize for being too ambiguous with the way I worded it.
Good, its always good to quote and show the statement that a person is being accused of saying, otherwise its lying.

Quote:
I still don't understand what possible good you are hoping to accomplish by saying that God hates people.
The bible states it. All I am doing is witnessing to the Truth, the outcome is up to God.

Old 06-05-2011, 11:34 AM

7,087 posts, read 13,516,841 times
Does God Love all men without exception ?

Highly unlikely, there are quite a few men who don't believe in fairy tales or other mythological diety types. It is not the case that god is dead, as suggested by some wise man, that which "was not", or "is not" is not capable of death. Or....."For god so loved the world he gave it leprosy, earthquakes, tornados, fire ants, volcanos, killer bees, tidal waves, aids, bubonic plague, mosquitoes, etc."

Old 06-05-2011, 11:38 AM

alabama:

Quote:
I've asked repeatedly what YOU mean by the term "hate".
I am going to tell you once more. Look it in Strong's concordance. Thats what I mean.

Better yet, I will post it for you. Its the greek word

miseō:

to hate, pursue with hatred, detest

2) to be hated, detested

Thats what I mean, right there. If you ask me again, its the same answer.

Old 06-05-2011, 11:39 AM

Quote:
The bible states it. All I am doing is witnessing to the Truth, the outcome is up to God.

Jesus himself didn't always fully disclose truth to everyone because he said people weren't ready for it, or it didn't serve a good purpose.

So, again, what good purpose are you hoping to accomplish?

Old 06-05-2011, 12:05 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,524,140 times
Quote:
alabama:

I am going to tell you once more. Look it in Strong's concordance. Thats what I mean.

Better yet, I will post it for you. Its the greek word

miseō:

to hate, pursue with hatred, detest

2) to be hated, detested

Thats what I mean, right there. If you ask me again, its the same answer.
I've clearly shown that the Kingdom of Christ defines "hate" as being in contrast to that which is "loved" supremely.

Is it YOUR belief that the term "hate" (as described in scripture) precludes or prevents love for that which is said to be "hated"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or