Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2011, 08:12 AM

2,526 posts, read 2,937,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by savedbysovereigngrace View Post
God does not Love everyone without exception, Ps 5:5

5The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.

Rom 9:13

13As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
He does though. You're simply interpreting "hate" to preclude "love". And clearly, it does not. There is a mountain of scriptural evidence against your interpretation.

And, it is that "love" of Christ (as defined in 1 Cor 13:4-8), that will save the "hated". Look here at the words that define love for "ALL THINGS".

1Co 13:7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

Those words are speaking of Christ's love.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2011, 09:01 AM

1,711 posts, read 1,902,973 times
Quote:
Which makes Esau not beloved... and God will call them beloved which were not beloved (Romans 9)

Old 06-06-2011, 09:13 AM

672 posts, read 665,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thy Kingdom Come View Post
Which makes Esau not beloved... and God will call them beloved which were not beloved (Romans 9)

Old 06-06-2011, 09:27 AM

...same exact quote you gave about 7 mos ago on another site under a different name. You should simply link to it, It will save city-data bandwidth...lol...

Quote:
The Myth of saying God Loved everyone without exception !

by beloved57 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:51 am
Jn 3 16 tells us of God's Love for the world, but never specifically states that God loved all mankind as individuals without exception, that has been read into the text by those who care little about the Truth of God.

And such a verse as Jn 3:

16For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Must and should be explained by other verses of scripture that speaks on the same subject as God's Love of People...

beloved57 Posts: 1680Joined: Mon May 17, 2010 11:27 pmGender:
Should we answer it here, or on that site?

Last edited by AlabamaStorm; 06-06-2011 at 09:42 AM..

Old 06-06-2011, 10:24 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,761,215 times
Quote:

Boy is this thread sick ... Just goes to show how twisted traditional fundamentalist religion can be.

There is no one righteous, not even one;
There is no one who understands,
no one who seeks God.
All have turned away,
they have together become worthless;
there is no one who does good,
not even one.”
“Their throats are open graves;
their tongues practice deceit.”
“The poison of vipers is on their lips.”
“Their mouths are full of cursing and bitterness.”
“Their feet are swift to shed blood;
ruin and misery mark their ways,
and the way of peace they do not know.”
“There is no fear of God before their eyes.”

So if Ps 5:5 must be understood literally as God hating everyone who works iniquity, that means he literally hated the adulterer and murderer, King David - who wrote the Psalms, as well as every other human who has ever existed. As Paul clearly demonstrates in his quoting of Isaiah ...

All of us are unrighteous, and have turned away from God disdaining from seeking him. We are all worthless and our throats are all open graves. We are all like poisonous vipers and we are full of cursing and bitterness. We are all violent and ruin and misery mark our ways. None of us know peace and neither do any of us fear God.

So God hates everyone ... According to the new testament God is love, and according to many fundies, love hates every human who has ever lived ... that is traditional fundamentalist religion for you in a hand bag. You are serving a false God that hates you!

Old 06-06-2011, 11:46 AM

18 posts, read 78,305 times
I have studied God's Word since my teens. I am now in my 50s. I was rock-solid sure when I was younger about many thing but as the years have gone by the more I've realized how little I do know about His ways. I've come to see that He loves us all unconditionally but it is our choice to accept Him or not. It is our choice to inherit eternal life or damnation. He does not wish that any be lost but that all be saved so He does all He can to awaken us to our own degenerate, blind, crippled soulful selves. Each of us responds differently for we are all uniquely individuals and so He gives the approach of all His different attributes. We must remember that our freedom of choice originated with His freedom to choose - for are we not created in His own image? His main goal is for His children to be saved. Some respond to anger, some respond out of fear. Others respond to His tenderness and mercy. Others lean towards love, grace and forgiveness. Still others look to logic, science and history. All the while, He is standing at the door of man's hearts, knocking, knocking, knocking. He does not force, but knocks. There will come a time when He will stop knocking because a person completely has stifled the sound of the knock - this is the "quenching of the Spirit" - the unpardonable sin. Why is the word "hate" in the Scriptures as an attribute to God. We must remember He is also a husband, a Father. I am a husband and Father and I assure that even if someone were a friend or family member that I love - and they turn and hurt or even kill another in my family, my love could turn to hate. My anger could be inflamed. Satan cannot hurt the Father physically, but he can hurt God the only way he can...through His children. I am still searching. Perhaps my thoughts are completely wrong. So be it. I will find out when He does return. I pray that somehow we can all be reconciled to the fact that we are mortal and do not know everything here and now but all will be revealed someday. Peace to you all.

Old 06-06-2011, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Boy is this thread sick ...
Our friend hasn't really delved into his doctrine of reprobation yet...give it time...this thread is simply the ground work to get us there .

In many ways, scripture IS written in such a way that it allows itself to mirror our very hearts and thoughts.

Those who hate, will see God hating. Those who love will see God loving. The scriptures become to us, what we are.

There are a lot of spiritual reasons why these doctrines (such as reprobation) emerge...it's essentially a form of spiritual depression from which one derives pleasure.

How others respond to their doctrines is how they find that pleasure. In reality though, it's more like an arsonist who returns to the scene to witness the aftermath of their work. They themselves stand on the sidelines, safe in Jesus as it were, while enjoying the carnage.

Everyone wants joy, so in that sense I don't fault them for wanting it too. However, the way in which that joy is derived is another matter...

Old 06-06-2011, 12:56 PM

iron:

Quote:
Boy is this thread sick ... Just goes to show how twisted traditional fundamentalist religion can be.

Wow, you are speaking of the Word of God, thats what you just quoted of my post and made this terrible comment about it.

Old 06-06-2011, 01:02 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,946,975 times
Quote:
iron:

Wow, you are speaking of the Word of God, thats what you just quoted of my post and made this terrible comment about it.

Actually, what you do not realize is that when you quote the word of God you hilight parts of a verse which means that when you are talking, the hilighted words are only what you want people to read.

That is not the word of God, it is only what you are saying about God but you disguise it within verses from the bible.

Old 06-06-2011, 01:32 PM

pha:

Quote:
Actually, what you do not realize is that when you quote the word of God you hilight parts of a verse which means that when you are talking
Correct.. Its still the word of God. If I share with you something out of the word of God, its still the word of God.

When Jesus answered the devil with this quote Matt 4:4

4But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Jesus was referring to the Law in Deut 8:3

3And he humbled thee, and suffered thee to hunger, and fed thee with manna, which thou knewest not, neither did thy fathers know; that he might make thee know that man doth not live by bread only, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the LORD doth man live.

Now, did Jesus quote the whole verse in Matt 4:4 ?

No He did not, for it was not needed to do that, but nevertheless there was a statement in that verse, which was apprpiate to an entirely different set of circumstances and hearers.

That's why scripture has to be studied and rightly discerned and divided. it makes the Truth of God exceedingly broad.

Its get a little here and a little there Isa 28:10,13

For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:

But the word of the LORD was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken

It is comparing spiritual with spiritual 1 Cor 2:13

13Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

Now you would have a argument if what I quoted was not found in the word of God !

Yes, and what I highlight, is exactly what is the point I want considered in the verse, I know what the rest of the verse says, and dont care if anyone else sees that as well, but there is still a Truth that should not be ignored within that verse, Like Deut 8:3
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity