U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 06:53 PM

144 posts, read 338,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by savedbysovereigngrace View Post
Romans 9:

13As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

How can it be sincerely taught that scripture teaches that God loves all men without exception, when it specifically says of Esau, God Hated ?

And I got news for you, He did not only hate Esau, but all the workers of iniquity. ps 5:

5The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.

And they that work iniquity shall soon hear these words Matt 7:

23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Yes, these and those in ps 5 5 are the very same !
Yes, he loves all people but he doesn't love everything they do/say/think/feel.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2011, 11:19 PM

672 posts, read 579,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceilinglamp View Post
Yes, he loves all people but he doesn't love everything they do/say/think/feel.
Not one of those scriptures I quoted stated He loves all people.

Romans 9:

How can it be sincerely taught that scripture teaches that God loves all men without exception, when it specifically says of Esau, God Hated ?

And I got news for you, He did not only hate Esau, but all the workers of iniquity. ps 5:

Old 06-01-2011, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thy Kingdom Come View Post
God also "hated"
1. His annointed King David (Psalm 89:38)
2. Israel, the beloved of His soul (Jeremaiah 12:8)

God "hating" someone doesn't mean He won't save them.
God saves by His Love, not by His hate. Eph 2:

4But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

5Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved

Old 06-01-2011, 11:23 PM

alabama:

Quote:

Esau WAS elect in Christ. We know this and it's scriptural.

Show me the scripture that says it.

Old 06-01-2011, 11:50 PM

1,711 posts, read 1,673,916 times
Quote:
God saves by His Love, not by His hate. Eph 2:

4But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

5Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved
Yes, I agree.

Did you ever notice that by faith Isaac blessed both Jacob and Esau concerning things to come? (Heb 11:20). Also, the blessing Esau received was hopeful in the end.

Old 06-02-2011, 01:10 AM

3,943 posts, read 5,778,462 times
I've brought this up on the Christianity forum, but didn't really receive an answer. Someone who knows the bible well told me that God created people for the sole purpose of being destroyed. That he did indeed hate these people. Someone raised a point that I had not considered here, and that was that if God hates you, that doesn't mean he wouldn't save you. Who knows, I sure don't. Everyone has their opinion. We don't know who's correct.

Old 06-02-2011, 03:13 AM

4,325 posts, read 5,452,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
That's a good point, Reverend. God created everything - whether deemed good or bad. God is really a paradox... suffers by seeing suffering, yet maintains cheerfulness & motivated unconditional love.

What I was trying to explain is...I see God as love (higher goodness & spirituality)... so when we engage in iniquitous behavior, we don't feel love or God.
Yeah. I agree and boy can I ever atest to that!!

Old 06-02-2011, 03:21 AM

4,325 posts, read 5,452,931 times
Quote:

Romans 9:

If you would just stop reiterating that book you worship and think for a moment you would know that unconditionally means without condition. It won't matter if we rape, murder, love or hate, God will ALWAYS love each and every one of us. NO EXCEPTIONS. None. It is US who has to pay for not loving in return. Us. You make your God seem like an ogre, ready to pounce on any person who does not obey. He isn't like that at all. He is ALL that is Truth, Beauty and Goodness and absolute LOVE. Can you even fathom that? No? Try. Just because something is written in a book, does not make it true.

Old 06-02-2011, 06:49 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,072,225 times
Quote:

LOL, Well of course the scriptures you quoted don't say that, why not quote the ones that suggest otherwise.

John 3:16 says for God so loved the world and whosoever believes.

You still have not addressed the likelyhood that your doctrinal stance can likely mean that YOU are one that is hated.

Old 06-02-2011, 07:23 AM

2,526 posts, read 2,522,984 times
Quote:
alabama:

Show me the scripture that says it.
I did show it to you. However, it's clear by your testimony that you do not believe on Him who justifies the ungodly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or