Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 07:32 AM

2,526 posts, read 2,936,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by savedbysovereigngrace View Post
Not one of those scriptures I quoted stated He loves all people.

Romans 9:

13As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

How can it be sincerely taught that scripture teaches that God loves all men without exception, when it specifically says of Esau, God Hated ?

And I got news for you, He did not only hate Esau, but all the workers of iniquity. ps 5:

5The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.
Well, tell us what YOU mean by the word "hate". And, how does what YOU believe translate to what God means by using the word "hate"?

Isa 55:8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD .
Isa 55:9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

A human mind filled with thoughts of depravity will usually have a different thought than God's, right?

Mat 12:35 A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2011, 11:47 AM

672 posts, read 665,105 times
alabama:

Quote:
Well, tell us what YOU mean by the word "hate".
Look it up in strongs, thats the definition I use.

Old 06-02-2011, 11:53 AM

jess:

Quote:
Someone who knows the bible well told me that God created people for the sole purpose of being destroyed.
He did. They are called vessels of wrath Rom 9:22

22What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

Also False Teachers 2 Pet 2:12

12But these[False Teachers of vs 1-2], as natural brute beasts, made[born] to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption;

What can be more plainer ? Peter certainly believed it.

There is no way God so Loved any of these people described in these passages .

Old 06-02-2011, 01:51 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,936,374 times
Quote:
alabama:

Look it up in strongs, thats the definition I use.
Why do that and rely on the teachings of men? We have scripture to define it for us. Right here:

Deu 21:15 If a man have two wives, one beloved, and another hated, and they have born him children, both the beloved and the hated; and if the firstborn son be hers that was hated:
Deu 21:16 Then it shall be, when he maketh his sons to inherit that which he hath, that he may not make the son of the beloved firstborn before the son of the hated, which is indeed the firstborn:
Deu 21:17 But he shall acknowledge the son of the hated for the firstborn, by giving him a double portion of all that he hath: for he is the beginning of his strength; the right of the firstborn is his.

Double portion of "all that he hath" for the "hated"...hummm....doesn't sound like "hate" to me....is this what you mean?

Tell Strong to chew on that for awhile, OK?

Old 06-02-2011, 03:21 PM

143 posts, read 365,709 times
Quote:
Not one of those scriptures I quoted stated He loves all people.

Romans 9:

How can it be sincerely taught that scripture teaches that God loves all men without exception, when it specifically says of Esau, God Hated ?

And I got news for you, He did not only hate Esau, but all the workers of iniquity. ps 5:

5The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.

Matthew 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
Matthew 22:38 This is the first and great commandment. Matthew 22:39 And the second [is] like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

All of your neighbors.

Matthew 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; Matthew 5:45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

Love everyone, like God does

Old 06-02-2011, 05:52 PM

1,711 posts, read 1,902,134 times
Quote:
They are called vessels of wrath Rom 9:22
"Even us" in Romans 9:24 applies to both vessels of wrath (9:22) and vessels of mercy (9:23). He will call them "beloved" who were "not beloved" (i.e. hated).

Ephesians 2

1 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins [God "hates" all workers of iniquity]

2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience [God "hates" all workers of iniquity]

3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts [God "hates" all workers of iniquity] of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us.

Old 06-02-2011, 11:02 PM

celi:

Quote:
Love everyone, like God does
Rom 9:13

Old 06-02-2011, 11:04 PM

thy:

Quote:
[God "hates" all workers of iniquity]

Not His Elect Rom 5:8

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Old 06-03-2011, 07:57 AM

1,711 posts, read 1,902,134 times
Quote:
thy:

Not His Elect Rom 5:8

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
So now you say that God does not hate all workers of iniquity when before you said He did. I simply quoted the Psalm and you say "not true".

The fact is anyone God saves was (from Romans 9 and Hosea)
1. first not beloved, not shown mercy, a child of wrath, a vessel of wrath (because they were workers of iniquity) typified by Esau and by the prodigal son selling their inheritance to satisfy their lusts.
2. and then beloved, shown mercy, a vessel of mercy (God has cleansed them and caused them keep His commandments) typified by Jacob and by the prodigal son being shown mercy when he came to his father seeking mercy.
God from the same lump of clay makes two vessels.

This passage shows, God can "hate" the dearly beloved of His soul

Jeremiah 12:7 I have forsaken mine house, I have left mine heritage; I have given the dearly beloved of my soul into the hand of her enemies. 8 Mine heritage is unto me as a lion in the forest; it crieth out against me: therefore have I hated it.

Let me ask you. Are the subjects of this passage elect or non elect? If you say "elect" then God at this time "hated" his elect. If you say "non elect" then God calls non elect "dearly beloved of My soul".

Last edited by Thy Kingdom Come; 06-03-2011 at 08:14 AM..

Old 06-03-2011, 08:55 AM

869 posts, read 971,835 times
Quote:
God "hating" someone doesn't mean He won't save them.
How do you fit the following scripture into your theology?

Quote:
By the same word the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire, being kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men. (2 Peter 3:7)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity