U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 12:58 PM

4,883 posts, read 5,493,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post

I used to give others guilt trips for not believing as I did, as written in the bible... Yet, the bible was not meant to be our salvation, any more than religious rituals or a lucky charm is. They are tools to help us feel God's love... not the end in themselves.

If God is love... then God is love! "Perfect love casteth out all fear"... & all other illusional barriers.
When anybody claims God doesn't love, it's because they are relating to a part within themselves (& in us all) that struggles in loving.
To feel the love of God can be as simple as being "still" & letting God's love wash through you. It's always there, it's just a question of tuning in.

You get the triple thumb!!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2011, 01:00 PM

4,883 posts, read 5,493,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Bizarre - isn't it?
Bizarre is not quite the word I would use...more like deluded, delusional, the lights are on but nobodys home, his cheese slipped off of his cracker, he's not the brightest crayon in the box, etc...

Old 06-03-2011, 01:24 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,525,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
If there was one thing that would totally draw me into Christianity - it would be someone telling me that God hates me! I mean - how could I not be drawn to a religion like that!
Didn't you know? Their god does hate you. It's true. Their god hates me too for spreading the Good News of the Gospel , to those he "hates".

Praise Jesus my friend, we are both "hated" by their god, which is really no god at all.

And yet, we are both loved by Him who justifies the ungodly. The true and living God in Whom we all live and move and have our being.

Act 17:28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

Old 06-03-2011, 04:10 PM

3,943 posts, read 5,781,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by savedbysovereigngrace View Post
jess:

He did. They are called vessels of wrath Rom 9:22

22What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

Also False Teachers 2 Pet 2:12

12But these[False Teachers of vs 1-2], as natural brute beasts, made[born] to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption;

What can be more plainer ? Peter certainly believed it.

There is no way God so Loved any of these people described in these passages .
Why would God command that we love everyone, but he doesn't?

Old 06-03-2011, 10:46 PM

672 posts, read 579,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
Why would God command that we love everyone, but he doesn't?
God does not command His Children to love everyone, if He did, David sinned in that command Ps 139:

21Do not I hate them, O LORD, that hate thee? and am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee?

22I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies

In Fact, its a hedious sin to Love them that hate the Lord 2 Chron 19:2

2And Jehu the son of Hanani the seer went out to meet him, and said to king Jehoshaphat, Shouldest thou help the ungodly, and love them that hate the LORD? therefore is wrath upon thee from before the LORD.

And God hates the workers of Iniquity Ps 5:5

5The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.

Old 06-03-2011, 10:50 PM

thy:

Quote:
Not obvious.
It is obvious. For God hates the workers of inquity Ps 5:5 and He loved those Christ died for while they were sinners Rom 5:8

Old 06-03-2011, 10:55 PM

Quote:
If there was one thing that would totally draw me into Christianity - it would be someone telling me that God hates me! I mean - how could I not be drawn to a religion like that!
No one should tell you that personally, because they really don't know for sure if you are one of the hated, but also, Know one should tell you personally that God loves you, because you may be one He does not Love.

In the NT only believers were told that God Loved them, because they gave evidence of receiving the Truth of the Gospel, other than that, no scripture calls unbelievers Loved by God, thats assumption.

Old 06-03-2011, 11:24 PM

21,188 posts, read 22,191,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by savedbysovereigngrace View Post
No one should tell you that personally, because they really don't know for sure if you are one of the hated, but also, Know one should tell you personally that God loves you, because you may be one He does not Love.

In the NT only believers were told that God Loved them, because they gave evidence of receiving the Truth of the Gospel, other than that, no scripture calls unbelievers Loved by God, thats assumption.
Well, thank you for clearing that up! Your version of God sounds just dandy! Maybe he hates me, maybe he doesn't! Where do I sign up! My parents use the same exact tactic on me! They would always tell me - we might love but we might just hate you!

Old 06-03-2011, 11:46 PM

8,435 posts, read 9,114,196 times
Quote:
Well, thank you for clearing that up! Your version of God sounds just dandy! Maybe he hates me, maybe he doesn't! Where do I sign up! My parents use the same exact tactic on me! They would always tell me - we might love but we might just hate you!
So does that mean you are a bonafide Christian now?

How effective is that... To believe in a god that hates you until you bow before him....

Old 06-03-2011, 11:51 PM

21,188 posts, read 22,191,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
So does that mean you are a bonafide Christian now?

How effective is that... To believe in a god that hates you until you bow before him....
Oh yes - this thread has totally converted me! I had my doubts - but the - "God might hate you" tactic has totally won me over!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or