U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 11:59 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,650,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by savedbysovereigngrace View Post
God does not command His Children to love everyone, if He did, David sinned in that command Ps 139:

21Do not I hate them, O LORD, that hate thee? and am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee?

22I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies
Behold, a greater than Solomon (and David) is here. Matthew 12:42

You have heard it said, "An eye for an eye, but I say love your enemies."
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2011, 12:18 AM

24,592 posts, read 11,391,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by savedbysovereigngrace View Post
God does not command His Children to love everyone, ...
To the contrary, if you believe Jesus is God or the Word of God, then he did! And he said this for the right reason.
Because it's the only path that leads to the Kingdom of Heaven; and one having power.

Old 06-04-2011, 12:45 AM

8,435 posts, read 9,111,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
To the contrary, if you believe Jesus is God or the Word of God, then he did! And he said this for the right reason.
Because it's the only path that leads to the Kingdom of Heaven; and one having power.

Love is all inclusive... There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. << 1 John 4:18 >>

1 John 4:12 No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.

Old 06-04-2011, 12:51 AM

8,435 posts, read 9,111,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Oh yes - this thread has totally converted me! I had my doubts - but the - "God might hate you" tactic has totally won me over!
Now if you were told a god loves you and wants you to love others as yourself... Would you have a problem doing that?

Seems simple enough just to love others as you love yourself.

It's sad that some wholeheartedly believe that their god only loves them IF....<insert doctrine of choice>

Old 06-04-2011, 05:22 AM

790 posts, read 691,018 times
"God hates" is a crock, right up there with ET when it comes to false teachings.
we are to love are enemies plus if God hates some while loving others it would make him a respecter of persons and he'd be no better than man

Old 06-04-2011, 06:49 AM

4,883 posts, read 5,492,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onceahogalwaysahog View Post
"God hates" is a crock, right up there with ET when it comes to false teachings.
we are to love are enemies plus if God hates some while loving others it would make him a respecter of persons and he'd be no better than man
Which shows one exactly where these human characteristics and attributes originated from....man.

The biggest problem I see is that the majority of Christians don't understand what inspired writing means...it is NOT word for word dictation. Writers receive inspiration but they still have to filter that inspiration through their own finite brains...they have to interpret what they are being inspired to write. This is why we have THE SPIRIT WITHIN to guide us into ALL TRUTH...and why we have to use that filter to discern what is actual spiritual TRUTH and what is simply written by man.

Old 06-04-2011, 07:03 AM

672 posts, read 579,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
God is not pleased when His People love those who hate Him. 2 Chron 19:2

2And Jehu the son of Hanani the seer went out to meet him, and said to king Jehoshaphat, Shouldest thou help the ungodly, and love them that hate the LORD? therefore is wrath upon thee from before the LORD.

The LORD of the OT is the same LORD of the New, nothing has changed in His immutable Character.

And God hates the workers of iniquity Ps 5:5

5The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.

Now, the God I serve is not going to command His People to love them He hates !

Old 06-04-2011, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Behold, a greater than Solomon (and David) is here. Matthew 12:42

You have heard it said, "An eye for an eye, but I say love your enemies."
David was a type of Christ, those words David spake were actually the very sentiments of Christ, you are not wise in putting scripture against scripture.

Old 06-04-2011, 07:06 AM

mys:

Quote:
You espouse some truly sick and twisted beliefs about God.
Say what you will, I have provided scripture !

Old 06-04-2011, 07:09 AM

dew:

Quote:
Your version of God sounds just dandy! Maybe he hates me, maybe he doesn't!
Thats right, you are to Him either an Jacob or an Esau Rom 9:13

13As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or