U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2011, 08:25 AM

16,308 posts, read 25,933,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You espouse some truly sick and twisted beliefs about God. It is fortunate for you that you are wrong . . . else you would be in the group you think our God could hate. God does not hate. It is a human psychological weakness and God has NONE of those.
But god exists only in the mind of men, and the god in the mind of many men can best be defined as hateful, spiteful and irrational. Hate for anyone and everyone different from them, from color of their skin, sexual preferences, and even how they perceive the god in their mind.

“You can tell you’ve created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do”
Anne Lamott
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2011, 09:07 AM

16,308 posts, read 25,933,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
If there was one thing that would totally draw me into Christianity - it would be someone telling me that God hates me! I mean - how could I not be drawn to a religion like that!
Masocism and self-flagellation of the mind play a big part of the programming that is many religions today, very similar to the self flagellation practiced by muslims. The scars left by self flagellation of the mind are more harmful and last a lot longer than those to the body.

Old 06-04-2011, 09:15 AM

2,526 posts, read 2,522,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by savedbysovereigngrace View Post
David was a type of Christ, those words David spake were actually the very sentiments of Christ, you are not wise in putting scripture against scripture.
You have heard....

My friend, the natural man is not hearing what the Spirit is saying.

Those who are of the flesh hear the word within that context and spirit: A depraved kingdom and mindset. That kingdom of theirs is identified in Rom 1:29-31. However, that kingdom is not the Kingdom of Christ.

This is why Jesus continually tells His audience what the scriptures mean (Mat 5).

Read it here:

Mat 5:43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.

No where does scripture say to "hate thine enemy". However, this is what His audience believed the scriptures taught. Here is where that scripture is found:

Lev 19:18 Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD .

The scribes and Pharisees believed that the phrase "love thy neighbor" was applicable only to "the children of thy people" (in a restricted or limited sense, similar to the concept espoused by Calvin) and that they were free to "hate" their enemies, those who were not "their people". And this is not what the scriptures teach.

When the scribes and Pharisees read Lev 19:18, they interpreted and explained to "their people" within that context, along with what David said here.....:

Psa 139:22 I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies.

....that they were to hate those who were not "their people". Exactly what you are doing here in this thread. And this is not what the Spirit of Jesus teaches.

Jesus tells us the reason why the scribes and Pharisees taught as they did:

Mat 12:34 O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.

It was because of their depravity, and their evil heart, that they taught that God, as well as they, were only to love them ("thy people") but not others ("mine enemies").

Jesus now re-defines for His audience what those scriptures actually taught and meant:

Mat 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
Mat 5:45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

What had been interpreted by the scribes as limited in scope is defined by Christ as being universal in application.

The reason we are to love our enemies is to become like Christ, who loved and died for His enemies:

Rom 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Do you see this?

Last edited by AlabamaStorm; 06-04-2011 at 10:42 AM.. Reason: sp

Old 06-04-2011, 10:42 AM

672 posts, read 579,537 times
alabama:

Quote:
You have heard....
Yes I have heard through scripture. Also through David, Christ prayed for the destruction and damnation of those who maliciously crucified Him, for the exception of those who were of the elect !

Ps 69:

21They gave me also gall for my meat; and in my thirst they gave me vinegar to drink. See the fulfillment of this in Christ here Matt 27:34

They gave him vinegar to drink mingled with gall: and when he had tasted thereof, he would not drink.

22Let their table become a snare before them: and that which should have been for their welfare, let it become a trap.

23Let their eyes be darkened, that they see not; and make their loins continually to shake.

24Pour out thine indignation upon them, and let thy wrathful anger take hold of them.

25Let their habitation be desolate; and let none dwell in their tents. Fulfilled in Acts 1:20

26For they persecute him whom thou hast smitten; and they talk to the grief of those whom thou hast wounded.

27Add iniquity unto their iniquity: and let them not come into thy righteousness. This is a Prayer against their salvation.

28Let them be blotted out of the book of the living, and not be written with the righteous. Again, not to be written with the righteous, as with these Matt 13:43

Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

God did not Love these people, never did, never will, Neither did Christ love them, He prayed against them, He hated them..

I have provided scripture proof, though I know you cannot receive this Truth, but nevertheless, the witness of testimony has been given to you.

Old 06-04-2011, 10:59 AM

Quote:
alabama:

Yes I have heard through scripture.
However, you've never understood it.

Luk 23:34 Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.

The natural man has no concept of what he does against Christ. And Christ forgives them.

Again, you continually add the term "elect" (as if to try and redefine of whom David is speaking of). It is not limited in it's application. Read it here:

Psa 69:20 Reproach hath broken my heart; and I am full of heaviness: and I looked for some to take pity, but there was none; and for comforters, but I found none.

There is none exempted from what follows. It was universal in it's application.

Psa 69:24 Pour out thine indignation upon them, and let thy wrathful anger take hold of them.
Psa 69:25 Let their habitation be desolate; and let none dwell in their tents.
Psa 69:26 For they persecute him whom thou hast smitten; and they talk to the grief of those whom thou hast wounded.
Psa 69:27 Add iniquity unto their iniquity: and let them not come into thy righteousness.
Psa 69:28 Let them be blotted out of the book of the living, and not be written with the righteous.

All of this was universally imputed to Christ who died for them.

Luk 23:34 Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.

And, afterwards, recorded here by Paul with a change of emphasis as to who "them" (forgive my English) are:

Rom 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

The "them" is now defined as "we".

Do you really not see this?

Last edited by AlabamaStorm; 06-04-2011 at 11:10 AM..

Old 06-04-2011, 11:15 AM

7,374 posts, read 7,697,666 times
Quote:
Romans 9:

13As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

How can it be sincerely taught that scripture teaches that God loves all men without exception, when it specifically says of Esau, God Hated ?

And I got news for you, He did not only hate Esau, but all the workers of iniquity. ps 5:

5The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.

And they that work iniquity shall soon hear these words Matt 7:

23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Yes, these and those in ps 5 5 are the very same !
“If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters—yes, even his own life—he cannot be my disciple."

Do you hate your mother and father and brothers and sisters and wife and children and even yourself?

Old 06-04-2011, 11:17 AM

Don't you see what you're doing here SBSG?

All the charges that you're bringing upon those whom YOU define as being non-elect, are the very charges you're bringing against YOURSELF. It is unbelief, no faith to do so. Both Arminianism and Calvinism are rooted in spiritual death and unbelief. There is no difference between the two. Only in HOW they limit the atonement.

Jesus died for you as well as me. We both were/are justified by Him who justifies the ungodly.

Believe this my friend. Believe this Gospel. Do it today! Have His righteousness imputed to your account.

Seek His Kingdom and His righteousness.

Last edited by AlabamaStorm; 06-04-2011 at 11:38 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 06-04-2011, 11:25 AM

672 posts, read 579,537 times
iron:

Quote:
Do you hate your mother and father and brothers and sisters and wife and children and even yourself?
This is not about me. Its about God not loving all without exception as declared that He hates some. Rom 9:

13As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

He hates all [plural] the workers of inquity, it is not said He hates their works of iniquity, which no doubt He does, but the very worker of the inquity, the person or persons. Ps 5:5

5The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.

Now God has never hated any He Loved in Christ Jesus when He chose them in Him before the foundation..

Old 06-04-2011, 11:32 AM

1,711 posts, read 1,673,781 times
Quote:
thy:

It is obvious. For God hates the workers of inquity Ps 5:5 and He loved those Christ died for while they were sinners Rom 5:8
If it's obvious you should be able to answer these questions:

Did God say that He "hated" those He also called "beloved of My soul" ?
[ ] Yes
[ ] No

Since God hated them were they
[ ] workers of iniquity
[ ] just sinners

Old 06-04-2011, 11:36 AM

21,188 posts, read 22,163,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Now if you were told a god loves you and wants you to love others as yourself... Would you have a problem doing that?

Seems simple enough just to love others as you love yourself.

It's sad that some wholeheartedly believe that their god only loves them IF....<insert doctrine of choice>

I mean - to be honest with you - it doesn't really matter to me what other people believe. I happen to find it very funny that someone felt the need to start a thread about how God hates people! I don't really believe in God - but I know that if he does exist - he certainly doesn't hate anyone! And as for trying to love others as I love myself - I already try to do that - regardless of if there is a God or not. In my life experience - the greatest, most wonderful thing has been love. There is already enough hate in the world - I certainly don't need to add to it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or