Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2011, 11:42 AM

2,526 posts, read 2,936,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by savedbysovereigngrace View Post
iron:

This is not about me. Its about God not loving all without exception as declared that He hates some. Rom 9:
Again, what do YOU mean when you use the term "hate". And, is that the definition that Jesus had when He used it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2011, 11:48 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,757,439 times
Quote:
iron:

This is not about me. Its about God not loving all without exception as declared that He hates some. Rom 9:

13As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

He hates all [plural] the workers of inquity, it is not said He hates their works of iniquity, which no doubt He does, but the very worker of the inquity, the person or persons. Ps 5:5

5The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.

Now God has never hated any He Loved in Christ Jesus when He chose them in Him before the foundation..

Way to dodge the question ... And yes the question is pertinent to the OP.

Old 06-04-2011, 04:57 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,757,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I mean - to be honest with you - it doesn't really matter to me what other people believe. I happen to find it very funny that someone felt the need to start a thread about how God hates people! I don't really believe in God - but I know that if he does exist - he certainly doesn't hate anyone! And as for trying to love others as I love myself - I already try to do that - regardless of if there is a God or not. In my life experience - the greatest, most wonderful thing has been love. There is already enough hate in the world - I certainly don't need to add to it!
Yeah i have to say that the hate mongering is pretty offensive, but what do you expect?

I remember this song we used to sing in Sunday school, "Jesus loves me this i know" ...

But if the lyrics of the song were to accurately reflect the beliefs and teachings of many traditional fundamentalist Christians, it would go something like this ...

"Jesus hates you this we know, because the bible tells us so, unbelievers does he forlorn, 'cause you don't believe he's virgin born, yes Jesus hate you, yes Jesus hates you, yes Jesus hates you ... The bible tells us so."

Or another song that we used to sing would say ...

"Jesus hates the little children, most of the children in the world, red and yellow black and white, their all sinners in his sight, Jesus hates the children of the world."

This is the "truth" of bad religion, hate ... Thats what it all boils down to in the end, hate and condemnation ... Just look at the Phelps, they are the modern poster children of bad religion.

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 06-04-2011 at 05:06 PM..

Old 06-04-2011, 06:39 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times
The psychological ignorance in this thread absolutely astounds me!! God has NONE of the human psychological weaknesses . . . especially NOT HATE!!!! God has NO HUMAN weaknesses, period!! Either get educated about your own psychology or stop spreading such absurd and outrageous ancient ignorance as if it has ANYTHING whatsoever to do with God or God's Word Jesus Christ!!!! The scriptures are not only NOT literal, NOT infallible, NOT innerrant, NOT dictated by God (inspiration is not dictation), and NOT free from deliberate misrepresentation! Our ONLY guide to properly dividing scripture is the Holy Spirit within guiding us to what God has "written in our hearts." If you SINCERELY question your heart (and not the "precepts and doctrines of men" that cloud your minds) . . . you will be able to know what is consistent with the God Jesus Christ revealed to us UNAMBIGUOUSLY. Trying to merge the nature of God revealed by Christ with the heinous and ignorant primitive beliefs about Jehovah is anti-Christ!

Old 06-04-2011, 06:53 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,192,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Yeah i have to say that the hate mongering is pretty offensive, but what do you expect?

I remember this song we used to sing in Sunday school, "Jesus loves me this i know" ...

But if the lyrics of the song were to accurately reflect the beliefs and teachings of many traditional fundamentalist Christians, it would go something like this ...

"Jesus hates you this we know, because the bible tells us so, unbelievers does he forlorn, 'cause you don't believe he's virgin born, yes Jesus hate you, yes Jesus hates you, yes Jesus hates you ... The bible tells us so."

Or another song that we used to sing would say ...

"Jesus hates the little children, most of the children in the world, red and yellow black and white, their all sinners in his sight, Jesus hates the children of the world."

This is the "truth" of bad religion, hate ... Thats what it all boils down to in the end, hate and condemnation ... Just look at the Phelps, they are the modern poster children of bad religion.

The contradictions between the songs I was taught to sing when I was little vs. the teaching I was subjected to as I got older were enough to drive me to madness. Basically, what you wrote is correct. Jesus loves us when we are little, but if we don't behave, believe, follow the right doctrine, etc., God sets us on fire or abandons us for eternity.

Agape love?? Love never fails?

Old 06-04-2011, 10:17 PM

672 posts, read 665,105 times
thy:

Quote:
If it's obvious you should be able to answer these questions:
There is no need to, God does not love everyone, no matter what questions you ask. Rom 9:13

Scripture tells you that God did not Love Esau !

Scripture also tells us that God hates, not love, all the workers of iniquity.

Until you can accept plain teaching of scripture, your questions are nothing but diversions and rabbit trails. Either you believe the bible or you do not.

Old 06-04-2011, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Way to dodge the question ... And yes the question is pertinent to the OP.
Its not about me, Its about God not Loving all mankind without exception. Scripture declares He hated Esau, and that He hates all workers of iniquity, that has nothing to do with me.

Old 06-04-2011, 11:12 PM

1,711 posts, read 1,902,134 times
Quote:
thy:

There is no need to, God does not love everyone, no matter what questions you ask. Rom 9:13

Scripture tells you that God did not Love Esau !

Scripture also tells us that God hates, not love, all the workers of iniquity.

Until you can accept plain teaching of scripture, your questions are nothing but diversions and rabbit trails. Either you believe the bible or you do not.
I knew you couldn't answer those questions. Because if you did, they would prove that your understanding of the word translated "hated" is incorrect.

No it does not say "God did not love Esau". It says God "hated" Esau, just as it says God hated the "beloved of His soul". But God LOVED the beloved of his soul.

Old 06-05-2011, 01:07 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,322,950 times
God loves unconditionally but it does not mean he does not hate... He hates sin and that includes the sin in men.

Old 06-05-2011, 07:44 AM

thy:

Quote:
I knew you couldn't answer those questions
I could but I am not, its not about me, Its about God not Loving all mankind without exception and that He hates some, For scripture makes it clear. Rom 9:13

Ps 5:5

5The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.

All of your questions to me will not change one iota what is stated here !

And yes, I could answer the Jer 12 scriptures, but I am not, not for you, since you already show a opposing spirit to that which I have already given of the more simpler to be understood scriptures.

Last edited by savedbysovereigngrace; 06-05-2011 at 08:00 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity