Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 09:00 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,946,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by savedbysovereigngrace View Post
jess:

He did. They are called vessels of wrath Rom 9:22

22What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

Also False Teachers 2 Pet 2:12

12But these[False Teachers of vs 1-2], as natural brute beasts, made[born] to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption;

What can be more plainer ? Peter certainly believed it.

There is no way God so Loved any of these people described in these passages .

Like I said, YOU can be one that God hates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2011, 09:20 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,529,007 times
Obviously not, for the simple reason gods are merely the invention of man, and “You can safely assume that you’ve created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” - Anne Lamott

Some people that suffer from homophobia invent a god that hates gays.
Some people that are racist invented a god that hates those of a different color.
Some people that fear free thought and reason invented a god that hates atheists

The "roll your own" gods of this world are the problem with this world.

Old 06-03-2011, 09:32 AM

672 posts, read 665,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Like I said, YOU can be one that God hates.
As long as you realize that God does hate some, and that He does not love all mankind.

Old 06-03-2011, 09:34 AM

2,526 posts, read 2,937,240 times
Quote:
alabama:

Look it up in strongs, thats the definition I use.
YOU haven't really defined what YOU mean by the word "hate". Yes, Strong as well as Thayer (and most other Greek lexicons), defines the word as "hatred" or "detested". But that is the definition of their mind, not Christ's.

Jesus, not Strong or Thayer mind you, tells us exactly what the word "hate" means within scripture and His Kingdom.

Jesus gives us an example, here:

Luk 14:26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

And yet, this "hate" that Jesus commands of us towards our parents, wife and children, etc., also requires of us to show love, honor, respect, to care for and to bless those we "hate".

Luk 18:20 Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Honour thy father and thy mother.

Mat 19:19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Col 3:20 Children, obey your parents in all things: for this is well pleasing unto the Lord.

God gave Moses very stern warnings about cursing parents whom we "hate":

Lev 20:9 For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be surely put to death: he hath cursed his father or his mother; his blood shall be upon him.

We are told to bless our parents that we "hate", as God loves and blesses whom He "hates".

Pro 30:11 There is a generation that curseth their father, and doth not bless their mother.

Are you part of that generation that does not bless their mother, whom they "hate"?

How we "hate" defines the Kingdom we are in. In the kingdom of the world, "hate" emerges from a mind of spiritual depravity and depression filled with thoughts of evil, malice and murder (Rom 1:29-30). These are not God's thoughts, but rather man's, such as yours, Strong's and Thayer's.

In the Kingdom of Christ, "hate" takes on a new meaning and definition for us within His Kingdom. We love and are kind to our enemies and to those we "hate". We love, honor, bless, respect, show mercy to and are good to those we "hate". Just like God is good and loving to those He "hates". It is Christ's Kingdom after all, and He sets the rules, not us. And we hate as Christ "hates". By loving whom we "hate".

Do you see the difference here?

What Kingdom are YOU in?

I've read your posts. Your screen name contradicts your testimony.

Old 06-03-2011, 09:38 AM

672 posts, read 665,315 times
thy:

Quote:
So now you say that God does not hate all workers of iniquity
Not if you are counting those Christ died for as workers of Iniquity. They obviously are not since God commended His Love towards them, while they were sinners. Rom 5:8

8But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

By you bringing the verse up, you assume they are the same group, but I don't. Either way you are going to be shown to be inconsistent. Now admit it, you are equating being the worker of iniquity to be the same as being sinners ! Right ?

Old 06-03-2011, 11:20 AM

2,469 posts, read 3,131,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
If you would just stop reiterating that book you worship and think for a moment you would know that unconditionally means without condition. It won't matter if we rape, murder, love or hate, God will ALWAYS love each and every one of us. NO EXCEPTIONS. None. It is US who has to pay for not loving in return. Us. You make your God seem like an ogre, ready to pounce on any person who does not obey. He isn't like that at all. He is ALL that is Truth, Beauty and Goodness and absolute LOVE. Can you even fathom that? No? Try. Just because something is written in a book, does not make it true.

I used to give others guilt trips for not believing as I did, as written in the bible... Yet, the bible was not meant to be our salvation, any more than religious rituals or a lucky charm is. They are tools to help us feel God's love... not the end in themselves.

If God is love... then God is love! "Perfect love casteth out all fear"... & all other illusional barriers.
When anybody claims God doesn't love, it's because they are relating to a part within themselves (& in us all) that struggles in loving.
To feel the love of God can be as simple as being "still" & letting God's love wash through you. It's always there, it's just a question of tuning in.

Old 06-03-2011, 11:31 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,946,224 times
Quote:
As long as you realize that God does hate some, and that He does not love all mankind.
So you will only accept that your own doctrine shows that God could hate you only if I agree with your doctrine? I hope you realze that according to your own beliefs, God can hate you whether I agree with you or not.

Old 06-03-2011, 11:35 AM

1,711 posts, read 1,902,811 times
Quote:
They obviously are not since God commended His Love towards them, while they were sinners. Rom 5:8
Not obvious. I already showed you God "hated" the beloved of His soul. Obviously there is something up with the meaning of "hate".

Quote:
By you bringing the verse up, you assume they are the same group, but I don't. Either way you are going to be shown to be inconsistent. Now admit it, you are equating being the worker of iniquity to be the same as being sinners ! Right ?
Yes. But you didn't answer my question about the Jer. passage.

Last edited by Thy Kingdom Come; 06-03-2011 at 11:47 AM..

Old 06-03-2011, 12:21 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
If there was one thing that would totally draw me into Christianity - it would be someone telling me that God hates me! I mean - how could I not be drawn to a religion like that!

Old 06-03-2011, 12:23 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,128,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
If there was one thing that would totally draw me into Christianity - it would be someone telling me that God hates me! I mean - how could I not be drawn to a religion like that!
Bizarre - isn't it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity