Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2011, 01:56 PM

2,057 posts, read 3,867,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You test the "Spirit" of the interpretations against Christ's commands to "love God and each other" using 1Cor 13 as the standard "spirit detector." ANYTHING that is in violation of that standard is NOT of God, period. No excuses, mysteries, or other rationalizations allowed. If it violates 1 Cor 13 . . . it is NOT of God and needs to be reinterpreted to fit. Any proclaimed motive of God that does not meet the standard is wrong.
But .................. that really doesn't explain much.

Old 06-13-2011, 02:02 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,016,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I have wrestled with the Spirit on many occasions, especially when it comes to the formation of conclusions, judgments or inferences, which are predicated on the various belief systems of mankind, including that which you have come to believe Mr.Twin Spin. Only to find that if something is not correct or right 100% of the time; it's not truth. Thus, the Savior of the World has rescued ALL of HUMANITY. Otherwise, he is not the way, truth, or life that must be followed. However, because of what he was sent to accomplish (overcoming death), knowing full well that he succeeded, I have picked up my own cross and I am, more than willing to follow him.

So, let us meet together at the place of judgment but first you should continue reading, instead of skipping stones across the waters while consuming deluded wine.

Isaiah 1:21-26 (you skipped over this portion)
How is it that the faithful city has become a harlot? She that was full of justice; righteousness lodged in her, but now murderers. Your silver is become dross, your wine mixed with water: Your rulers are rebels and companions of thieves. Everyone loves a bribe, and chases after rewards. They do not defend the orphan, nor does the widow's plea come before them. Therefore, the Lord GOD of hosts, the Mighty One of Israel, declares, ‘Ah, I will be relieved of my adversaries and avenge myself on my foes. I will also turn my hand against you, and will smelt away your dross as with lye. And will remove all the alloy. Then I will restore your judges as at the first, and your counselors as at the beginning. After that, you will be called the city of righteousness, a faithful city.

Isaiah 1:29
Surely you will be ashamed of the oaks which you have desired. And you will be embarrassed at the gardens which you have chosen.

Isaiah 2:3-4
And all people will come and say, ‘Come, let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; that He may teach us concerning His ways. And that we may walk in His paths.' (For the law will go forth from Zion and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem). And He will judge between the nations (people), and will render decisions for all of them. And they will hammer their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks. Nation will not lift up sword against nation; and never again will they learn war.

Now, you can either put away your sword before you cut yourself or continue to resist in your scapegoating theology; it’s your choice.

There go the half Truths again....

Old 06-13-2011, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
No, you cannot. You cannot come to Jesus unless the Holy Spirit draws you. So if the HS does not draw you you're doomed---through no fault of your own, it seems. So Arminianists gloss over this requirement and say, "Yes, of your own free will you can choose to reject Jesus and the responsibility of your decision falls directly on your shoulders." The Calvinists, meanwhile, have their own theological problems to contend with----limited atonement, among others. Anyone want a TULIP?
I don't think you have a good grasp on Calvinism...Your only knowledge comes from other opinions...

Old 06-13-2011, 02:07 PM

Quote:
[/i]

Balderdash! There can be no love of any kind in a Soul that can accept such a miserable excuse for calling an enormous Evil . . . Good. I refuse to accept that anyone could sincerely search what God has "written in our hearts" under the guidance of Christ's Holy Spirit and think that such a lame explanation for such monstrous Evil could EVER be true. It is Dark Ages irrationality and superstition that suggests it is something our loving God would do. ONLY the twisted "precepts and doctrines of men" would try to mask Evil in such pitiable reasoning . . . and only blind, unthinking, unfeeling, unloving, Souls could possibly buy it in their "heart of hearts." Such a monstrosity is completely incompatible and unacceptable to a loving God.
You obniously hang out at the Evilbible.com website...Sounds an awful lot like that nonsense...

Old 06-13-2011, 02:19 PM

Quote:
[/i]

Balderdash! There can be no love of any kind in a Soul that can accept such a miserable excuse for calling an enormous Evil . . . Good. I refuse to accept that anyone could sincerely search what God has "written in our hearts" under the guidance of Christ's Holy Spirit and think that such a lame explanation for such monstrous Evil could EVER be true. It is Dark Ages irrationality and superstition that suggests it is something our loving God would do. ONLY the twisted "precepts and doctrines of men" would try to mask Evil in such pitiable reasoning . . . and only blind, unthinking, unfeeling, unloving, Souls could possibly buy it in their "heart of hearts." Such a monstrosity is completely incompatible and unacceptable to a loving God.
How do you explain me then?...I am filled with Love, However, I accept Hawyaw for who He claims to be from the Scriptures...Your problem is that you cannot accept the True Hawyaw so you worrship another god...You create Hawyaw in your image rather than letting Him create you in His image...You call our Ancestors ignorant and supersticious for what they wrote, saying it was all a misunderstanding on their part when Hawyaw had spoken to them and told them what to say...You probably condone a gay lifestyle, living together without marriage, doing what feels good if it doesn't hurt anyone else, etc...Is this right?...Is this the god you follow?...

Old 06-13-2011, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sschulz View Post
Hey Mr5150 I don't know about everyone but I know that God will save all his children. Where did you get the idea that you do not have to accept Christ as saviour? Of course you do, and in the end everyone will. You and many other semed to think that everything ends when you physically die, like God is not going to resserect everyone and continue his work in them to convert them. Ask yourself is anything too hard for God. If it is not, God will Save all his children because He will, through circumstance and judgements change thier will to his will. We could not do it but it is easy for God, thats why He is God.
That is very thin...

Old 06-13-2011, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Hey Taratova, Of course we are to spead the Gosspel. Two reasons, one is to expose people to it because we do not know what ways God will use to reach others and secondly for our benifit, because talking about and thinking about the Gosspel is a good use of your time and resources, is it not?
We are to preach the gospel for we know not whom Hayaw has Chosen...

Old 06-13-2011, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Hey Theophane, Jesus did not talk about Hell, He spoke of Gehenna fire, which the King James translates as Hell. Grehenna was the garbage pit of Jeruselum and it is where the refuse and trash was burned up just like the refuse and trash( the carnality) of us will be consumed by the lake of fire in the second death. and then the lake of firew will go out, not eternal.
Boy, are you way off on that...

Old 06-13-2011, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by migol84 View Post
Well I've read it before but what in particular are you referring to?
Read Romans...

Old 06-13-2011, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbmsu01 View Post
I believe UR is a problem because it allows people to openly reject Christ and perform evil acts without any consequences.

I also believe that ET can be a problem because people come from different circumstances and not everybody is going to have the same access (if any) to accept Christ as their personal savior, depending on their upbringing and who is around them.

I believe that the only way that we can be saved is through Jesus Christ defeating sin and death by His resurrection.

I also believe that God knows our hearts and that if we truly trust him, we will be saved. Other people may be as well. As sin-filled humans, we have no basis or rights to judge others on this topic.
For Pete's Sake...Where in Scripture does it say Personal Savior???...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity