Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2011, 02:33 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,016,467 times

Advertisements

[quote=Ilene Wright;19568903]
Quote:

Whut???? Your knowledge of UR is lacking if that's what you think. UR's are very much Christians and will tell you that Jesus Christ is the only way to salvation. Some are saved in this life, others in the next but UR does NOT allow people to openly reject Christ, He is the only way!! And perform evil acts? What's that about? There are consequences to all of our actions, and without the sacrifice of Jesus dying on the cross there would be no way for us to be reconciled to God. I would suggest you read up on Christian Universalism, you have it all wrong.
Tell me exactly where in Scripture that one can be saved in the next life???...

Old 06-13-2011, 02:44 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Tell me exactly where in Scripture that one can be saved in the next life???...
Tell us exactly where in the scripture it says that we cannot!!!

Old 06-13-2011, 02:50 PM

2,057 posts, read 3,867,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Tell us exactly where in the scripture it says that we cannot!!!
I'm sorry but that doesn't make any sense at all. Explain to me that because the Bible doesn't say that salvation does not end at death, that means it will carry on to the next life. Where do you get that idea?

Hebrews 9:27 Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment, 28so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many people; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.

In the next life, if what you say is true then how come the writer here is saying that Christ will bring salvation to those who are waiting for him? If in this life they did not receive Christ, but what you say is everyone will be saved, how could they if they are "not waiting for him" since after all they did not receive Christ?

Last edited by migol84; 06-13-2011 at 03:02 PM..

Old 06-13-2011, 02:51 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,518,209 times
Nothing like a good 'ol knock down drag out squabble amongst the UR/ET clans. Anyone got some popcorn

Old 06-13-2011, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Nothing like a good 'ol knock down drag out squabble amongst the UR/ET clans. Anyone got some popcorn
To be honest, I'd never even heard of UR until I came here.

Old 06-13-2011, 03:03 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,405,284 times
Default an introduction to his list of scriptures in support of UR

As an introduction to his list of scriptures in support of UR, Gary Amirault (TENTMAKER) wrote

"These verses have not just been thrown together haphazardly.
They are the expression of that purpose that runs through the Bible, a purpose first stated in mankind's creation in the image of God,
a purpose that can be traced throughout the entire Bible, in the Law, the Psalms, and the Prophets, and most clearly in the New Testament. From it we learn at least three things:
1 . Christ came claiming the entire human race as His own, to the end that He would save and restore the entire race, not just part of it.
2 . He came with full power and authority over all men, having received all power in heaven and earth over all hearts, all evil, all wills.
3. He lived and died and rose again, completely victorious, having fully accomplished the work His Father gave Him to do, which was the salvation of the world."
Universalism is Not in the Bible ?

Like thrillobyte posted, scriptures that seem to contradict UR are responded to here
Bible Threatenings Explained

Last edited by rodgertutt; 06-13-2011 at 03:12 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 06-13-2011, 03:05 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by migol84 View Post
But .................. that really doesn't explain much.
It explains it all.
Quote:
You obniously hang out at the Evilbible.com website...Sounds an awful lot like that nonsense...
I have no idea what you are talking about.
Quote:
How do you explain me then?...I am filled with Love, However, I accept Hawyaw for who He claims to be from the Scriptures...Your problem is that you cannot accept the True Hawyaw so you worrship another god...You create Hawyaw in your image rather than letting Him create you in His image...
If your spiritual maturation has stagnated at the level of our carnal ignorant ancestors . . . your ability to discriminate between evil and good is compromised. That is the only way you could accept evil as good. There is no other God to worship.
Quote:
You call our Ancestors ignorant and supersticious for what they wrote, saying it was all a misunderstanding on their part when Hawyaw had spoken to them and told them what to say...
God never spoke to them telling them what to say. They received inspirations which they had to interpret using their knowledge and understanding of the world . . . which was by any standards ignorant and superstitious.

Jeremias, 8:8

. . . How do you say: We are wise, and the law of the Lord is with us? Indeed the lying pen of the Scribes hath wrought falsehood. The wise men are confounded, they are dismayed and taken . . . and there is no wisdom in them. They are confounded because they have committed abomination: yea rather they are not confounded with confusion.
Quote:
You probably condone a gay lifestyle, living together without marriage, doing what feels good if it doesn't hurt anyone else, etc...Is this right?...Is this the god you follow?...
Off topic and reveals what particular "itch" you seem to want "scratched."

Colossians 2:19,

. . . If you have died with Christ to the elements of the world, why, as if still living in the world, do you lay down the rules . . . Things that must all perish in their very use? In this you follow the 'precepts and doctrines of men.

Old 06-13-2011, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
It explains it all.
In what way? Make me understand my dear friend.

Old 06-13-2011, 03:16 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,016,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Thank you much, kat. However, I'm not out of reps. Ooops, now I am.

Greek Interlinear NT translates it as "will". I suppose it depends on which "Greek scholar" happens to be doing the translating that day. Too bad these "scholars" don't realize that we spend aions hours discussing, debating, arguing, sparring the interpretations of these verses based on their arbitrary selection of the English word (said language which itself is confusing as "hell" to begin with).
Doesn't matter what they translate it as...I am a linguist and 'thelei' means 'to want or desire'...I understand the cultural etymology of the language for i speak Irish and Irish still retains the Ancient etymology of the language which is very similar to Greek and Latin...'Will save' is 'σωσεικαὶ' 'Sosekhee'...So, If that is what 1 Tim says that god will save all..Then it should not be written as such:

1Ti 2:4 ὃς πάντας ἀνθρώπους θέλει σωθῆναι καὶ εἰς ἐπίγνωσιν ἀληθείας ἐλθεῖν.

It should be written thus:

1Ti 2:4 ὃς πάντας ἀνθρώπους σωσεικαὶ εἰς ἐπίγνωσιν ἀληθείας ἐλθεῖν.

G4982
σώζω
sōzō
sode'-zo
From a primary word σῶς sōs̄ (contraction for the obsolete σάος saos, "safe"); to save, that is, deliver or protect (literally or figuratively): - heal, preserve, save (self), do well, be (make) whole.

1Ti_2:4 WhoG3739 willG2309 have allG3956 menG444 to be saved,G4982 andG2532 to comeG2064 untoG1519 the knowledgeG1922 of the truth.G225

θέλω, εθέλω
thelō ethelō
thel'-o, eth-el'-o
Either the first or the second form may be used. In certain tenses θελέω theleō thel-eh'-o (and εθέλέω etheleō eth-el-eh'-o) are used, which are otherwise obsolete; apparently strengthened from the alternate form of G138; to determine (as an active voice option from subjective impulse; whereas G1014 properly denotes rather a passive voice acquiescence in objective considerations), that is, choose or prefer (literally or figuratively); by implication to wish, that is, be inclined to (sometimes adverbially gladly); impersonally for the future tense, to be about to; by Hebraism to delight in: - desire, be disposed (forward), intend, list, love, mean, please, have rather, (be) will (have, -ling, -ling [ly]).

G444
ανθρωπος
anthrōpos
anth'-ro-pos
From G435 and ὤψ ōps (the countenance; from G3700); manfaced, that is, a human being: - certain, man.

G435
ανήρ
anēr
an'-ayr
A primary word (compare G444); a man (properly as an individual male): - fellow, husband, man, sir.

Old 06-13-2011, 03:20 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,125,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by migol84 View Post
I'm sorry but that doesn't make any sense at all. Explain to me that because the Bible doesn't say that salvation does not end at death, that means it will carry on to the next life. Where do you get that idea?
The idea that the 'chance' at salvation ends with our earthly life is an incorrect assumption that is based on the erroneous teachings of an endless hell.

If we look at the verses as shown in the OP, it becomes apparent that all can be saved, regardless of when exactly that happens, it will happen.

God wills and desires to save all people. Does God not achieve His will and desire?
God declares everyone will bow to Him in worship and swear allegiance to Him. Will God's declaration fail?
In Adam, all died, in Christ, all will be made alive. Is Adam's effect more powerful than Christ's?
God calls Christ the savior of all men, the one who saves the world, the who takes away the sin of the world. Does Christ live up to this title?

etc.

Look through the verses in the OP again. Then try to realize the so-called 'endless hell' verses may have been misunderstood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity