Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 10:47 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,027,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
IN reality, if you believe something that's proven to not be true, you're called either a liar or stupid. (not ignorance, since ignorance implies not having had the information to begin with)

I live in a rural state, small town. I am gay, have been as such my whole life with NO CHOICE MADE. being gay does NOT mean that you're 'more sexual' than straight people, being gay is NOT a behavior, it's a sexual orientation. There is no 'gay lifestyle'. I have the same lifestyle as the average american in a small town rural state does. I go to work, grocery shopping, watch tv, read etc. I have barely dated because I believe that the right person will be there when the time is right and if you try too hard you're not going to find the right person. JUST LIKE MANY STRAIGHT PEOPLE DO.

if i was to be in a relationship the PRIMARY thing driving it would be LOVE and COMMITMENT... NOT SEX.

I am an HONEST, GOOD, HARDWORKING person. Actually EXTREMELY honest. I even have a degree in religion.

You can gather this INFORMATION about the FACT (not belief) that being gay is NOT a choice NOR a lifestyle, by talking to FIRST HAND PRIMARY SOURCES>.... GAY PEOPLE!

There is NO excuse to believe LIES when you have walking proof to ask if you want to know.
If you believe your gay and want to follow Christ, then you have to refrain from outwardly appearing gay. Because God's uses the male/female relationship to instruct about Him and His ways.

Old 01-01-2012, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
You were born with the desire for heterosexual sex, but how come it's not a sin if YOU 'act on it'.

Why should I not find happiness with another person according to MY BORN orientation just so that you can keep your religious worldview in tact? Should i sacrifice my life for strangers.
RLarson21, we are to live not to ourselves (as Christian) but unto Him. He uses the male/female relationship as a schoolmaster to understanding Him and His ways.

Old 01-02-2012, 12:43 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,377,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlemur View Post
Well, if you can prove that the opposite of this statement "Being gay is not a choice." is true, perhaps some might reconsider....perhaps. So far, no one has proved it, absolutely no one and certainly, none of the Scriptures bear it out, regardless of what some here may assert due to their "superior intellect, training and background".
Dr Warren Throckmorton, a Christian Psychologist, explains why so many evangelicals don't appear to know about all the research into sexual orientation:

The Evangelical Blackout of Research on Sexual Orientation — Warren Throckmorton

http://wthrockmorton.com/2011/12/15/...search-part-2/

Early in his career, he also held the view that homosexuality was not innate and that gay people could change their sexual orientation. After years of seeing gay clients (mostly Christian), doing his own research, staying up-to- date with all the research in this field, and being an honest man, he changed his views.

Last edited by Ceist; 01-02-2012 at 12:58 AM..

Old 01-02-2012, 08:07 AM

1,727 posts, read 2,547,479 times
People believe what they want to believe, regardless of the proof, or lack of proof presented to them.

Everyone looks at things with their own perspective.

I think it usually takes something HUGE to get a person to change their point of view.

Old 01-02-2012, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Dr Warren Throckmorton, a Christian Psychologist, explains why so many evangelicals don't appear to know about all the research into sexual orientation:

The Evangelical Blackout of Research on Sexual Orientation — Warren Throckmorton

The Evangelical Blackout of Sexual Orientation Research, Part 2 — Warren Throckmorton

Early in his career, he also held the view that homosexuality was not innate and that gay people could change their sexual orientation. After years of seeing gay clients (mostly Christian), doing his own research, staying up-to- date with all the research in this field, and being an honest man, he changed his views.
It really doesn't matter from the Christian perspective. The point that matters is that if a person believes they are gay AND they want to practice Christianity then they should abstain from Homosexual behavior because God uses the Hetersexual relationship as a schoolmaster to teach about Him and His way.

Old 01-02-2012, 04:12 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,500,581 times
Moderator cut: in closing

guys there are a couple of Homosexual threads already open and being posted in on this forum now please continue yor discusion in one of them..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity