Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 11:51 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,952,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
What is the difference between the blood of Christ and the death of Christ?
The blood of Jesus is what sets the sinner free -- and brings healing for the sick. The devil loves to obscure this fact.

For I will pass through the land of Egypt this night, and will smite all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both man and beast; and against all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgment: I am the LORD. And the blood shall be to you for a token upon the houses where ye are: and when I see the blood, I will pass over you, and the plague shall not be upon you to destroy you, when I smite the land of Egypt. (Exodus 12:12-13)

And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission. (Hebrews 9:22)

But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ. (Ephesians 2:13)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2009, 11:59 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,030,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
The blood of Jesus is what sets the sinner free -- and brings healing for the sick. The devil loves to obscure this fact.

For I will pass through the land of Egypt this night, and will smite all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both man and beast; and against all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgment: I am the LORD. And the blood shall be to you for a token upon the houses where ye are: and when I see the blood, I will pass over you, and the plague shall not be upon you to destroy you, when I smite the land of Egypt. (Exodus 12:12-13)

And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission. (Hebrews 9:22)

But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ. (Ephesians 2:13)
So, where does one buy this blood? Since Jesus died 2000 years ago, I'm pretty sure it's all dry by now. Unless you have a lab you can make it in.

I'm pretty sure you have that wrong cause you see, when I was a sinner, I didn't use any blood to wipe the sin off. It was my very own self forgiveness and God's Divine Love that did it. Love is the very thing that washed the sin away, not blood. Blood is a material thing used only for the material body. it can do nothing for cleansing.

You are reading a barbarian story about blood and sacrifice. I'm pretty sure it's in the NT the Jesus states, "I've not come for sacrifice". I'll go look it up for ya cause I don't know what verse it is. I know it's in there though.

Old 11-10-2009, 12:03 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,220,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
So, where does one buy this blood? Since Jesus died 2000 years ago, I'm pretty sure it's all dry by now. Unless you have a lab you can make it in.

I'm pretty sure you have that wrong cause you see, when I was a sinner, I didn't use any blood to wipe the sin off. It was my very own self forgiveness and God's Divine Love that did it. Love is the very thing that washed the sin away, not blood. Blood is a material thing used only for the material body. it can do nothing for cleansing.

You are reading a barbarian story about blood and sacrifice. I'm pretty sure it's in the NT the Jesus states, "I've not come for sacrifice". I'll go look it up for ya cause I don't know what verse it is. I know it's in there though.
LOL....this is what happens when you take a purely "spiritual" book and read it "literally"....when will they ever learn.

Old 11-10-2009, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
LOL....this is what happens when you take a purely "spiritual" book and read it "literally"....when will they ever learn.
They'll learn in the spirit world when they find out their ministers lied.

Old 11-10-2009, 12:05 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,952,963 times
Quote:

You have denied the faith; your own words condemn you.

Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: (1 Peter 1:18-19)

Old 11-10-2009, 12:16 PM

Quote:
They'll learn in the spirit world when they find out their ministers lied.
I truly don't think they lie, they just don't have the spiritual understanding they need to interpret the scriptures properly.

Old 11-10-2009, 12:40 PM

Quote:

Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: (1 Peter 1:18-19)
You can't prove the blood of Christ with something I don't follow.
Tell you what. You find that the blood of Christ saves mankind in my beliefs, then we'll talk.

Jesus loves me and so does God. I will see God and not rot in some place you all call hell. I am not codemned to hell as you think. Even if I did go there, I will eventually get out and I won't be there because of not believing that Jesus is God or that His blood redeems. i'll be there because I hurt another soul. I haven't done that so I'm probably not going to be in hell.

Old 11-10-2009, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
I truly don't think they lie, they just don't have the spiritual understanding they need to interpret the scriptures properly.
They would have to work and, unfortunately, it's easier for them to take the bible as the truth than look within.

Old 11-10-2009, 01:37 PM

Quote:

What faith was denied....a faith in God? We both believe in God and love God immensely....so what faith are you referring to?

Old 11-10-2009, 02:08 PM

1,139 posts, read 1,777,637 times
Quote:

John 6
8I am the bread of life. 49Your forefathers ate the manna in the desert, yet they died. 50But here is the bread that comes down from heaven, which a man may eat and not die. 51I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world." 52Then the Jews began to argue sharply among themselves, "How can this man give us his flesh to eat?"
53Jesus said to them, "I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. 54Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. 55For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. 56Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in him. 57Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me. 58This is the bread that came down from heaven. Your forefathers ate manna and died, but he who feeds on this bread will live forever." 59He said this while teaching in the synagogue in Capernaum.
Many Disciples Desert Jesus

60On hearing it, many of his disciples said, "This is a hard teaching. Who can accept it?" 61Aware that his disciples were grumbling about this, Jesus said to them, "Does this offend you? 62What if you see the Son of Man ascend to where he was before! 63The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you are spirit and they are life. 64Yet there are some of you who do not believe." For Jesus had known from the beginning which of them did not believe and who would betray him. 65He went on to say, "This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless the Father has enabled him."
66From this time many of his disciples turned back and no longer followed him.
67"You do not want to leave too, do you?" Jesus asked the Twelve.
68Simon Peter answered him, "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. 69We believe and know that you are the Holy One of God."

You get his blood through the Eucharist. I it take every week physically into my body.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity