Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2012, 08:38 PM

481 posts, read 865,793 times

Advertisements

Climax of Psalm 46 …Surrender

God’s Irrepressible Care of the World

I say, be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth....says the Lord.

This verse from Psalm 46 is not so much about meditation as it is about the meditation of God's kingdom in the heart of faith.

The command to "be still" comes from the Hiphill stem of the verb raphia (Hebrew...meaning to be weak, to let go, to release), which might better be translated as, "cause yourselves to let go" or "let yourselves become weak." But to what end are we to "be still", "let go", "surrender" and even to "die to ourselves"? In Hebrew grammar, the emphasis of coordinate imperatives ("be still" and "Know!") is on the second imperative. In other words, we surrender in order to know God is in control as Ribbono Shel Olam (The master of the universe). We "let go" in order to objectively know the saving power of God in our lives. We give up trusting in ourselves and our own designs in order to experience the glory of Gods all-sufficiency (EX
14:14). Start listening to Him (I am that I am), and stop listening to you, which is from this world of sin and deception. Just loose yourself from this world brother & sisters, and you will begin to hear Him speaking to you through the Spirit.

When we surrender to serve truth that the Lord God is in complete control of this world, we will find peace and be delivered from our temporal fears. Indeed, even though the present world be shaken, with the nations raging and kingdoms of men tottering, we will not fear, since we know that God is our present help in time of trouble.

The city of God will one day be established upon earth, and the schemes of the "princes of this world" will all become desolate, but in the coming kingdom, God our Father will be exalted among the nations, and Yeshua will forever be exalted among His original covenant people.

Meanwhile, "set your minds on things that are above, not on things on the earth; for you are dead, and your life is hidden with the Messiah in God. When the messiah who is your life appears, then you will also appear with Him in glory"....(
Col 3:2-4)

Time indeed is very short, freinds, and the world is tottering in fear. Soon and very soon we are going to see our king! So let's "be still" - in order to know that "the Lord of hosts is with us, for God our Father is our refuge.

Elohim obew otach, HaMashiach Yeshua obew otach. Sheh-Elohim Yivarech Otcha....Shalom!

HaMashiach Yeshua.... HaEmet, HaChayim, HaDerech, HaDavar. Ed HaEmet v 'haTzedek Adonai Elohim

"God loves you. Christ Jesus loves you. God be with you.... Peace & Blessings be upon you!

Christ Jesus.... the Truth, the Life, the Way, the Word. The true & righteous witness of the Lord God."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2012, 06:22 AM

Whom of the children of the living God is not "Being Still" this day? "Be Still" I say, and feel the glory of the presence of God our Father moving in you. I say, cleanse your soul of all the pollutants of this world, as they are no good for you and do not serve God our Father nor are of love.

....Shalom achi or akhoti

Old 06-14-2012, 06:28 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,929,527 times
Psalm 46 is my favorite psalm.

Old 06-14-2012, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairieparson View Post
Psalm 46 is my favorite psalm.
Yes, one of mine as well, and a very profound one, especially if we as followers in HaMashiach Yeshua, understand the true meaning of this psalm of strength and guidance.

....Shalom haveri
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity