Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Christ fail to accomplish Gods desire to save all people?
Yes 13 23.21%
No 31 55.36%
I don't believe that Jesus is the word of God! 12 21.43%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 10:56 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,407,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Moderator cut: EDIT/Orphanded
The true "spirit of UR love."

Sooner or later God is going to save everyone from everything from which they need to be saved, including their stubborn will.

The true spirit of ET love

“Unless you are lucky enough to find out about my son during this lifetime, and even if you are that lucky, if you don’t have the good sense to cooperate with my son properly before you die, then I am going to raise you from the dead and I will sustain you alive in an inescapable state of eternal torment forever.”

Last edited by june 7th; 07-25-2011 at 12:12 PM..

Old 07-25-2011, 11:00 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,624,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgertutt View Post
The true "spirit of UR love."

Sooner or later God is going to save everyone from everything from which they need to be saved, including their stubborn will.

The true spirit of ET love

“Unless you are lucky enough to find out about my son during this lifetime, and even if you are that lucky, if you don’t have the good sense to cooperate with my son properly before you die, then I am going to raise you from the dead and I will sustain you alive in an inescapable state of eternal torment forever.”

Amen Rodger, Moderator cut: delete

Last edited by Miss Blue; 07-25-2011 at 03:00 PM.. Reason: Personal

Old 07-25-2011, 11:38 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,762,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, indeed. When God knocks on your door, He has given you the ability to open. You think He'd be knocking knowing you can't open? No, my friend, the invitations have been sent, and with it comes the ability to accept. Sadly so many still reject I heard the knocking for years, and I shut my ears so I would know hear, and I refused to open, but one day I humbeled myself and admitted that without Him I was lost and unable to help myself. It was then that I allowed Him to help me.
God does not merely give us the ability to open the door he literally causes us to desire to open and he causes us to do the work of opening the door as well, and that is all a part of his work in our lives which renews our hearts and conforms our minds to the image of Christ ...

The only reason why people reject christ is because god has not yet renewed their hearts and given them the desire and caused them to act on that desire ... but one day he will, and then every knee will bow and tongue openly and joyfully confess that christ is lord.

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 07-25-2011 at 11:48 AM..

Old 07-25-2011, 11:52 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,407,930 times
Default Lydia, "whose heart the Lord opened"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
God does not merely give us the ability to open the door he literally cases us to desire to open and he causes us to do the work of opening the door as well, and that is all a part of his work in our lives which renws our hearts and conforms our minds to the image of Christ ...

The only reason why people reject christ is because god has not yet renewes their hearts and given them the desire and caused them to act on that desire ... but one day he will, and then every knee will bow and tongue openly and joyfully confess that christ is lord.
Acts 16:14 Lydia, "whose heart the Lord opened"

Old 07-25-2011, 03:11 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,512,386 times
c l o s e d
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity