Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 01:07 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,961,491 times

Advertisements

This thread can should also be called, "Becoming A Disciple of Yahushua the Messiah 2". It's the sequel to:

//www.city-data.com/forum/chris...a-messiah.html

This is all about helping you to draw near to God and in it I will look back and remember the things I've personally experienced in my life - things that Elohim taught me, that helps me to draw near to Him.

Remembering when Yahushua called me 16 years, I remember one of the most important things that He taught me, by His Spirit. As His Spirit annointed me with the overwhelming revelation of Himself I remember Him telling me what it is in my life that was the major factor in this revelation. I fell head over heals in love with Him, as I earnestly cryed out to Him in prayer, reading and meditating on His Word, and last but definitely not least, worshipping Him in spirit and in truth. I'll never forget His Spirit telling me: Shawn, remember what it is that's causing this intimate relationship with me. Now, as I return to Yahua wholeheartedly, I remember those three critical components for a successfull relationship with Elohim:

Prayer
The Word
Worship

16 years ago I remember the first step I took, forsaking sin with true wholehearted commitment. Then I remember His precious Holy Spirit causing me to have great faith as I read His Word, which was the cause of me going into my room by myself, shutting the door behind me, and desperately crying out to Him like I knew beyond all doubt I was about to recieve a huge revelation of the Almighty. Then I remember the revelation getting so intense, like He was right in my face, and sitting in the middle of this huge field at night looking up at the stars and marveling at this Almighty and Majestic Elohim who created the universe, who was also living inside of me. No words can describe what it's like to have this wonderfull revelation become a reality. No words can describe the joy that He puts inside. No words can describe the way He reveals Himself, but it's the most awesome feeling and revelation one can experience.

Once again this is happening in my life. When you really know Elohim He's not some distant imaginary friend your speaking to. He accually reveals Himself to you and when you become sensitive to His Holy Spirit (get the sin out) He loves to talk with you. Trust me!!! He really is an awesome Elohim, and He has power over you and the things that you do, and the things that go on around you, and everything. He has His ways!!! You know beyond aaaaaaall doubt when your close to Him. This is exactly where He wants you to be!

Now I know this may not go over well, and my critics will try and pick apart what I've said and try and nuke it, but I'm only trying to tell you what I know from personal experience, as fact. There are many things we need to be doing or believing or whatever, but what I'm showing you here is the three foundational components that make those things happen!!!

I cannot stress to you enough the power of prayer and the earnest cry of a repentant heart.

Read the words of Yahushua over and over and over and obey Him, along with the rest of scripture.

You'll naturally flow into the third component, which is worship. This is why you were created as well. But don't forget, once you get there, remember how important it is! What a blessing it is to worship the Almighty!!!

I'm not talking about a half hearted search here. I'm trying to tell you, if you search for Him with all that's within you, doing these things, you will in fact personally meet Him!!! Not waking up in the morning and saying a little prayer, or reading a chapter a day, or speaking out the words of a worship song into the air with a wandering mind, enjoying the music or words and making the worship meaningless. WOOOOOORSHIIIIIP HIIIIIIIM!!! Hehe. Bow down before Him and worship Him.

//www.city-data.com/forum/chris...a-messiah.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/chris...rit-bride.html

May Yahua's blessings be upon you. I bless you in the name of Yahushua... So Be It

Last edited by O-Ducky; 10-05-2011 at 01:28 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2011, 11:24 AM

Default All Time #1 Relationship Destroyer

8 Ethanim 5771 (2 days before Day of Atonement, which falls on the Sabbath this year)

Throughout the entire history of the world there has never been anything more destructive to Elohim's children than sexual sin. In this day an age it is the worst that it has ever been. Don't be decieved. When you draw near to Elohim you can be sure the powers of darkness will use this as the number one weapon against your relationship with Elohim.

1 Kings 21:25
(No one else so completely sold himself to what was evil in the Yahua’s sight as Ahab did under the influence of his wife Jezebel.

Revelation 2:20
“But I have this complaint against you. You are permitting that woman—that Jezebel who calls herself a prophet—to lead my servants astray. She teaches them to commit sexual sin and to eat food offered to idols.

Proverbs 6
32 But the man who commits adultery is an utter fool, for he destroys himself.

BibleGateway.com - Keyword Search: jezebel

Old 10-06-2011, 12:30 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Here's 3 of mine . Faith in His Grace, believe with God all things are possible and love your neighbor as yourself. Though I would not go to the extreme of saying they are critical.

Old 10-07-2011, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Here's 3 of mine . Faith in His Grace, believe with God all things are possible and love your neighbor as yourself. Though I would not go to the extreme of saying they are critical.
So do you mind if I apply the "do as you wish" doctrine to your faith?

Old 10-07-2011, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post
So do you mind if I apply the "do as you wish" doctrine to your faith?
What part of what I said is do as I wish?, if you want me to be in agreement with you in condemning sin,calling Jesus Christ by Hebrew names as if it gives you some sort of spiritual importance,decide who is a Christian and who isn't,who is going to hell and who isn't,to accept that your word is final in understanding scripture,you really are expecting it from the wrong person.

Old 10-07-2011, 06:07 PM

461 posts, read 480,760 times
People must be taught by God.Why do you try to play God.You are not son of man, son of God, the Messiah nor Almighty God.

It is written in the prophets: They shall all be taught by God. Everyone who listens to my Father and learns from him comes to me.

All of your sons(Israel) shall be taught by the Lord, and great shall be the peace of your children.

The Lord is the strength of his people; the saving refuge of his anointed.

For the word of the Lord is upright, and all his works are truthful. 5 He loves justice and right;

The Lord has eyes for the just, and ears for there cry. When the just cry out, the Lord hears them, and rescues them from all distress.

The Lord redeems the life of his servants; none of those who take refuge in him incurs guilt..

The just mans mouth speaks wisdom, and his tongue does what is right.The law of his God is in his heart an he will never stumble.

Blessed are those whose way is blameless, who walk in the law of the Lord.

Don’t forget my teaching, keep my commands in mind ;
For many days, and years of life, and peace, will they bring you.

The Lord’s delight is those who speak the truth, and those who speak what is right he loves

The Lord is far from the wicked, but he hears the prayer of the just .

The Lords glory will be shelter and protection for all His people.

The Lord of hosts shall be exalted by his judgment, and God the Holy shall be shown holy by his justice.

I, the Lord, speak the truth, I say what is right.

This is the nation which does not listen to the voice of the Lord, its God, or take correction. Faithfulness has disappeared; the word of the Lord is gone from their speech.

No one speaks the truth. They refuse to recognize me, says the Lord.

You have been told, what is good, and what the Lord requires of you: Only to do what is right love goodness, and walk humbly with the Lord your God.

The works I do in my Father's name testify to me.
But you do not believe, because you are not among my sheep.

I'm the good shepherd. I know my sheep and my sheep know me the same way my Father knows me and I know my Father. To these sheep I will give my life.
My sheep hear my voice; I know them, and they follow me.
I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish. No one can take them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one can take them out of the Lord's hand. The Lord and I are one.

Old 10-07-2011, 06:15 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,541,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Not critical? There is nothing but Grace through Faith in Christ to save a man. Self effort leeds to ruin.

Old 10-07-2011, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
Not critical? There is nothing but Grace through Faith in Christ to save a man. Self effort leeds to ruin.
Critical in the sense i am not imposing my 3 on another. When I'm talking about faith in his grace, I'm not talking about how to become a Christian, I'm talking about faith in his grace for our daily lives,not a one time "I believe in Jesus and the bible" so all must be well.

Old 10-08-2011, 05:10 AM

9,690 posts, read 10,018,190 times
In the whole book of Ephesians you will find three areas were the born again believer will have victory in his walk with the Lord and will endure to the end if believers apply these ways and live with them , for they fail to apply these ideas then their ministries will be limited and may even fail for the Lord and His plan for your good works for His callings.... The first part of this book we are called to be obedient to the authorship of Jesus Christ and His blood and build solid foundation by the identity that Jesus brought ,for example; to be redeemed through forgiveness of sin, according to His grace, to be holy and without blame before him, to be adopted by Jesus according to His will, to be abounded to by his wisdom and prudence, to gather together as one in all things in Christ, that Jesus may give you the spirit of wisdom and revelation, were we are raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus......and so on as you can apply this book of Ephesians ...... were in the third to fifth chapter we find the teaching on Love of God and understanding what is called of us in our relationship with Him and others in our love walk....... Then in the last Chapter of Ephesians is teaching on our spiritual walk and prayer and spiritual warfare, for our abilities through Christ to stay clean in the right spirit and live all the days of our lives, with ministries that are victorious for Jesus

Old 10-08-2011, 11:15 AM

Just as Yahushua told us, unless we repent (wholehearted commitment to stop sinning), we WILL perish. That's not what I say, that's what "God" says. So how do we stop sinning? God tells us how.

First you have true sorrow for what you did that put Yahushua through so much punishment.

Then, according to His Word, we MUST be water baptized for the remission of those sins.

How do we stop sinning, after we've been born again? Yahushua tells us the answer. He said it's through prayer. Our spirit is indeed willing, but the flesh is weak so we MUST pray if we expect to stop sinning. That is the teaching of the Messiah.

Is not everything I just said, something that WE do? If you think these WORKS are not important and you can merely lie to yourself and say, "I simply believe", your wrong, according to the Messiah, not me. If you don't repent, you WILL perish.

Trust me people, who are on the sideline wondering if what I'm saying is true, and you feel the Spirit's call to repentance. Consider this a challenge then. I challenge you to repent and give your life wholehearted to Elohim and do these three things that I've mentioned. Taste and see that Yahua is good!

What are those three things summed up in one sentence?

Seek the Kingdom of Elohim first, and everything else will be added.

You will naturally stop sinning and you will be in love with people. You will have a very strong desire to share Elohim with people. These things are the effects of seeking Elohim and having a personal relationship with Him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity