Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 07:45 PM

78 posts, read 292,344 times

Advertisements

Well I believe after we die a we will get to see our ancestors whom we have never met before. I believe that when we die we go to a place not called hell but "purgatory" not the purgatory in dantes inferno or paradise lost but the latin term for purgatory is known as "place of judgement" but its also a place where your life is somewhat given to you the good & the bad. In fact many people who have had near death experiences have actually seen their life shown to them from beginning to end even some things that have never happened to them because their only temporarily dead.

The place of judgement is not to put you in hell but to test you on what you know. Actually many people that have had near death experiences especially from suicide attempts end up being how can
I say "totally a believer in the afterllife." A story online is of a teenage girl here is a link:
Teenage Christian Says She Saw Hell and Warns that People Who Listen to Michael Jackson Music Are Getting Trapped in Satan's Web | God Discussion... www.goddiscussion.com/39867/teenage-christian-says-she-saw-hell-and-warns-that-people-who-listen-to-michael-jackson-music-are-headed-to-hell/

she knew no knowledge of any type of afterlife and in fact hated god she grew up with a rich family whom where very dysfuntional. all I can say is that it is an uplifting story. She ended up going from a druggie to a believer in hell. She also saw many other disturbances.......maybe you should think on what side to walk on in our world?

well their are alot of other strange stories on the internet on near death experiences in fact: a group of british scientists are trying their best to prove this old theory as "possible"/ "real"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2011, 07:30 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,955,558 times
And in this forum there were people who doubted Christians would use the better safe than sorry argument, LOL. too funny.

Old 10-06-2011, 07:37 AM

2,603 posts, read 4,672,879 times
Default boredatwork

Time and time again when it comes to the afterlife, if it didnt exist, why do anything in this life. If there were no life after earth., I will drop everything and , rob, steal, kill, whatever that pleases me to take care of my material satisfactions. Life is like a line. There is a point at its origin but that line goes on forever. Nonspiritual evil ppl dont live in eternity. God seeking ppl live for eternity

Old 10-06-2011, 07:46 AM

175 posts, read 175,013 times
boreatwork:
Quote:
If there were no life after earth., I will drop everything and , rob, steal, kill, whatever that pleases me to take care of my material satisfactions.
With that statement you just showed what is truly inside your heart.

What would be the right way to live? pillage and rape because it benefits you, or love your neighbor as yourself?

Pitiful

Old 10-06-2011, 07:50 AM

1,457 posts, read 2,030,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boreatwork View Post
God seeking ppl live for eternity
What

Old 10-06-2011, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Time and time again when it comes to the afterlife, if it didnt exist, why do anything in this life. If there were no life after earth., I will drop everything and , rob, steal, kill, whatever that pleases me to take care of my material satisfactions. Life is like a line. There is a point at its origin but that line goes on forever. Nonspiritual evil ppl dont live in eternity. God seeking ppl live for eternity

In other words, you want your neighbor to be happy that what you believe keeps you from breaking into their home and murdering them all.

Yeah, talk about nonsense.

Plenty of Athiest's don't even have as dark a mentality as that, why don't you go ask them why they don't feel the need to go pillage the community since they don't believe in an after life.

Old 10-06-2011, 07:57 AM

Default boredatwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by boanerges View Post
boreatwork:

With that statement you just showed what is truly inside your heart.

What would be the right way to live? pillage and rape because it benefits you, or love your neighbor as yourself?

Pitiful
If there were no afterlife then why not? But since I believe in the AFTERLIFE then I believe all of the Goodness than goes with it and that is in my heart. I was making a statement to illustrate that fact. People claim God dsnt exist and there's no afterlife yet are scared to do immoral things which contradict that fact. I cant knock an agnostic for questioning reality, but I have to question an atheist why they talk the talk but cant walk the walk.

Old 10-06-2011, 07:59 AM

Default boredatwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPaul View Post
What
Yes John Paul, ppl seek God, some ppl seek power, some ppl seek evil, some ppl seek the material. What do you seek or are you still confused?

Old 10-06-2011, 08:02 AM

Default boredatwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
In other words, you want your neighbor to be happy that what you believe keeps you from breaking into their home and murdering them all.

Yeah, talk about nonsense.

Plenty of Athiest's don't even have as dark a mentality as that, why don't you go ask them why they don't feel the need to go pillage the community since they don't believe in an after life.
Because atheist are spirit endowed but either want to deny it or go against it. thats why. Ppl that care less about God and know it go out and do what they want. You dont because you think you atheist know everything pertaining to God but somehow seem to know what is moral and immoral naturally

Old 10-06-2011, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Because atheist are spirit endowed but either want to deny it or go against it. thats why. Ppl that care less about God and know it go out and do what they want. You dont because you think you atheist know everything pertaining to God but somehow seem to know what is moral and immoral naturally

Right, yet, your morality says that everyone around you is one breath away from being murdered by you because you believe in an afterlife.

ooookkkaaaaayyyy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity