Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 09:39 AM

2,332 posts, read 2,841,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahpc122927 View Post
Some of might ask?? Some people criticize God for letting injustice and wars hunger whatever problems that this world faces continue..... whatever. Let me just say something about this matter.....WE ARE ALL FULL OF SINS. Shut up people. We should blame ourselves. We all hurt people with our actions; dont we not? Everyone has experienced sins by thinking in their hearts the following; hatred, jealousy, envy, fits of rage. idolatry , witchcraft, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions ......
All these lead us to wars, sufferings, injustice,etc..so GOD SENT JESUS CHRIST!!!!!! Duh .

Romans 1: 18 - end comes to my mind for all the choatic things in this world
18 The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19 since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles.
24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25 They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.
26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error. 28 Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. 29 They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31 they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. 32 Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

There are consquences ..... We reap what we sow.... We need to clean up our own crap.
We humans, created this mess for ourselves.

For those people who think God doesnt care: YOU ARE WRONG. There are so many experiences in my life where I felt God loved me. HE LOVES ME NOW, AND FOREVER. And even if I dont get what I want I trust and love him. Looking back at my life; God was there for me my whole life.

YOU CAN TAKE OR LEAVE IT. Our sins is killing us & humanity.

Thank you God for sending Jesus Christ!!!!

Yeah, O know, for Jordan, the west bank, and the movement of justice in the region of Bush's marveled progress, the moral commenting people are the peacemakers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2011, 09:47 AM

541 posts, read 941,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
Then He had no business experimenting with sentient beings who (it is claimed by some) live forever. Throwing the dice (in your view) with the stakes so high (eternal damnation - mainstream Christian view) would be unconscionable. See what I'm saying?

I think you are forgetting that we humans will be tempted by the devil. They disobeyed what God was saying. But I get what you are saying.

Old 10-08-2011, 10:53 AM

1,248 posts, read 1,258,455 times
Quote:
Some people criticize God for letting injustice and wars hunger whatever problems that this world faces continue.....>>>Sarahpc122927
That is an absolute truth!

And here are the reasons why.

First, it wasn't Adam's fault for the fall just as much as it wasn't your fault for being born to whomever, to what race, to what religious beliefs and or to where in the world you were subjected to be born to.

So, naturally, without having knowledge of the wonderful love of God, one would be prone to address God as an unjust God. (Hence the repulsion of a God who claims love)

Second, because God wanted us to be made in His likeness, His image, we become just that, a god of our own lives when we digest the fruit of knowledge of our existing conditions and go on to make decisions on what we like or what we don't like.

We were made subject to the vanity of this world by being born into it unwillingly and thereby, without knowledge and understandings of the nature of the true God, we are prone to condemn a God who placed us in this hell hole.

The Son of God, who was a direct and to the truest form of the Creator God in human form, was beaten up, punished by lashings, crowned with thorns, mocked as a king, and put to death for demonstrating who or what God was all about, resulting in the anger of humanity being taken out on Him.

The two trees spoken of in the Garden of Eden are metaphors of two distinct forms of knowledge.
1. Carnal knowledge = all that this earths existences gives us conducive to the lusts of the flesh
2. Spiritual knowledge = all that is not of this world but of the spiritual realm as God's introduction of Himself via Abraham, the prophets, the chosen vessels of introduction (Jews) and finally, the truest form of demonstration of the great and wonderful love of God in Jesus.

God's creation meant sacrificing it in order to allow it to become alive, hence the fall of mankind and the separation equaling death of the spirit of mankind totaling the whole of creation as "Lost" in the process.

God not having any lack of wisdom, by wisdom created all there is and by wisdom made it possible for all of us to enjoy the fruits of His knowledge, being all love as demonstrated by Jesus.

God doing His work has not only allowed us to be like Him in likeness, but has also allowed us to be individual entities within His Kingdom without the penalty of eternal separation as a free gift.

So, what all does that have to do with the way mankind has managed this earth and it's conditions?

Well, for starters, we are in charge! We were given dominion over the animals, the land, excluding natural events, such as storms, volcanic eruptions and the like.

Being in charge and being in the realm of a world of vanity, the lust of it all entices some to do the work of evil.

The only buffer against evil is the knowledge of good.

Wars, famines, sicknesses, hatred are all impart to our lustful nature untamed by the knowledge of Good.

The knowledge of Good, a metaphor of the tree of life, is knowing who and what God is and what relationship we have with Him that determines our desire to reject the lustful desires of our environment.

For those of you, as I, are fortunate enough to have gained the knowledge of the tree of life, thus having victory over the lustful things that would normally entice us to do evil or to trespass against the things that are godly.

God is not to blame for anything period!!!

We are to blame ourselves for not seeking Him out with a passion.

Just a note: Knowledge of Evil will never be eradicated in this world, for that is a key factor in our creation.

We can though, over come it!

Blessings, AJ

Old 10-08-2011, 07:39 PM

461 posts, read 481,151 times
The Lord who sent me says;

"Your own wickedness chastises you. your own infidelities punish you, know then and see how evil and bitter you are in forsaking the Lord your God and showing no fear of me".

The wicked will not stand in judgment, nor sinners in the company of the just; for the Lord watches over the way of the just, but the way of the wicked will perish.

When a man fears the Lord, He will teach him the way he should choose. He will abide in prosperity, and his descendants shall inherit the land. The friendship of the Lord is with those who fear him, and he makes his covenant known to them

Those who walk uprightly fear the Lord.

The fear of the Lord is a fountain of life.

By your words you'll be forgiven or by your words you'll be condemned.

My son, pay attention to my words, incline your ear to my sayings ;
Don’t let them slip out of your sight, keep them within your heart;
For they are life to those who find them, to man's whole being they are health.

It is your sins that make him hide his face so that he will not hear you.

No one brings suit justly, no one pleads truthfully.

The Lord saw this, and was aggrieved that right did not exist.
He saw that there was no one, and was appalled that there was none to intervene; So his own arm brought about the victory, and his justice lent him its support.
He put on justice as his breastplate, salvation, as the helmet on his head; He clothed himself with garments of vengeance, wrapped himself in a mantle of zeal. He repays his enemies their deserts, and requites his foes with wrath.

I came into the world as its light, so that everyone who believes in me might not remain in the dark.
If anyone hears my words and does not keep them, I do not condemn him, for I did not come to condemn the world but to save it.
Whoever rejects me and does not accept my words he already has his judge namely the words I‘ve spoken that’s what will condemn him on the last day, because I do not speak on my own, but the Lord who sent me commanded me what to say and speak.
And since I know that his commandment means eternal life. What I say is spoken just as he instructed me.

Old 10-08-2011, 09:13 PM

1,248 posts, read 1,258,455 times
Basically, Princely

You are paraphrasing what has already already been written.

Now, in what was written is correct as it reflects the conditions in which the times were in before and at the time of Christ.

The conditions changed after the time of Christ's resurrection to reflect the New Covenant in force.

Quote:
Whoever rejects me and does not accept my words he already has his judge namely the words I‘ve spoken that’s what will condemn him on the last day, because I do not speak on my own, but the Lord who sent me commanded me what to say and speak.
The problem with your statement above is that it does not fit the conditions of the new Covenant.

Jesus has in our place taken the judgment and made it His own thus liberating us from the penalty of eternal damnation.

The words says that the wages (costs) for sin is death.

Death: speaking not of eternal death, for Jesus' death took care of that for us, but death as in the physical.

As long as there is life in the flesh, sin payment is required but after death, sin can be no more, for sin is a product of earth time and not of a spiritual realm nature.

So, no last judgement is required, for sinning ends with death of the physical.

To pronounce the word of God in a solemn mode as if we were still required to fear the Lord under the conditions prior to Christ is, as if Jesus had never come.

The conditions now are to love the Lord with all our hearts, mind and soul and not to fear, but to approach Him boldly with confidence knowing that He is able to forgive us our trespasses.

If I were to preach to the world I would present God in a loving manner, rather than one to be feared.

For we are already handy-capped by the fact that we are alive in the flesh and in need of some comfort other than what this world has to offer.

And God in Jesus offers, I say offers, anyone who thirsts to drink of His Living water freely and without hesitation.

I leave you with the following verse: Rev 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

Give out the invitation and let the Spirit of God do the work of convicting.

Blessings, AJ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity