Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 02:15 AM

541 posts, read 941,883 times

Advertisements

Some of might ask?? Some people criticize God for letting injustice and wars hunger whatever problems that this world faces continue..... whatever. Let me just say something about this matter.....WE ARE ALL FULL OF SINS. Shut up people. We should blame ourselves. We all hurt people with our actions; dont we not? Everyone has experienced sins by thinking in their hearts the following; hatred, jealousy, envy, fits of rage. idolatry , witchcraft, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions ......
All these lead us to wars, sufferings, injustice,etc..so GOD SENT JESUS CHRIST!!!!!! Duh .

Romans 1: 18 - end comes to my mind for all the choatic things in this world
18 The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19 since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles.
24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25 They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.
26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error. 28 Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. 29 They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31 they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. 32 Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

There are consquences ..... We reap what we sow.... We need to clean up our own crap.
We humans, created this mess for ourselves.

For those people who think God doesnt care: YOU ARE WRONG. There are so many experiences in my life where I felt God loved me. HE LOVES ME NOW, AND FOREVER. And even if I dont get what I want I trust and love him. Looking back at my life; God was there for me my whole life.

YOU CAN TAKE OR LEAVE IT. Our sins is killing us & humanity.

Thank you God for sending Jesus Christ!!!!

Last edited by Sarahpc122927; 10-07-2011 at 02:33 AM.. Reason: ;
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2011, 04:07 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,624,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahpc122927 View Post
Some of might ask?? Some people criticize God for letting injustice and wars hunger whatever problems that this world faces continue..... whatever. Let me just say something about this matter.....WE ARE ALL FULL OF SINS. Shut up people. We should blame ourselves. We all hurt people with our actions; dont we not? Everyone has experienced sins by thinking in their hearts the following; hatred, jealousy, envy, fits of rage. idolatry , witchcraft, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions ......
All these lead us to wars, sufferings, injustice,etc..so GOD SENT JESUS CHRIST!!!!!! Duh .

18 The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19 since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles.
24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25 They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.
26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error. 28 Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. 29 They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31 they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. 32 Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

There are consquences ..... We reap what we sow.... We need to clean up our own crap.

For those people who think God doesnt care: YOU ARE WRONG. There are so many experiences in my life where I felt God loved me. HE LOVES ME NOW, AND FOREVER. And even if I dont get what I want I trust and love him. Looking back at my life; God was there for me my whole life.

There are still many questions though. The entire scenario (according to Christian doctrine) was foreknown and ordained by God to be as it is. A serpent in a garden to give a test which man was foreknown to respond to as he/she did resulting in all we see now.

I agree with you though. WE are the responsible parties for all intents and purposes. I doubt that even an atheist would disagree with that.

Old 10-07-2011, 03:25 PM

9,695 posts, read 10,036,927 times
See Jesus died of the cross a very horrible death by the manipulation of dark carnal spirits and the Lord Judgment is to put life on people who turn away from the carnal spirit and turn to the Lord and to be redeemed from these spirit ....as Jesus rips them out of His children who come to Jesus and believe in faith......... But during this age of grace that the Lord is putting life on His people... God left the dark spirit in the earth as a challenge for the lost slackers and people who reject the Lord and His blessing ....... For His Children who he cleaned the dark spirit lives on the same world as His children , .... For every thing that belong to Jesus now belong to Jesus children and very thing is done for them and it is a finished work..that is why the devil and his troubles are here ...because the blessing for Christians is complete.... all Jesus children have to do is pray and the Lord will clean the whole world if It need be if the numbers are there for Jesus to move , for the lone Christian prayer soldier may only have a limited margin of power to clean the whole world , but If Jesus children were to get together and pray as one the whole would be turned upside down..... but antichrist and self determination keep Christian divided and on different levels of interest and belief, and development.....But the power is there and Jesus would use it if the unity were there......... So the Lord said I put before you life and death , and said to chose life so your children may live...... but many people choose the death and as the result .... nation are handed over to their enemies, son and daughters and given over the the beast of the field or the dark spirit, were curses are held to stay.....But a time is coming were the age of grace will be changed and the devil and all the fallen angels and the rejecter's of Christ will be gone and a new earth will be here as renewal is coming , Just as fast as it takes Jesus on His second coming.......Be blessed.....

Old 10-07-2011, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
There are still many questions though. The entire scenario (according to Christian doctrine) was foreknown and ordained by God to be as it is. A serpent in a garden to give a test which man was foreknown to respond to as he/she did resulting in all we see now.

I agree with you though. WE are the responsible parties for all intents and purposes. I doubt that even an atheist would disagree with that.

I honestly dont think that the fall or actions of adam/eve was foreknown or ordained by God. But maybe. But I know the way God understanding and the way we understand are completely different.... we might think it might be unfair but he has a a perspective that we know nothing about. If you read chapter 3: Eve wanted the glittery things of this world but she was deceived by the serpent and Adam just followed his wife.

I appreciate your input though.

Last edited by Sarahpc122927; 10-07-2011 at 04:54 PM.. Reason: .

Old 10-07-2011, 10:28 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,540,958 times
Quote:

I think you are trying to say that salvation is actually: Not hurting your fellow man in any way possible.

I agree then. Love makes life more livable.

Old 10-07-2011, 10:32 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,540,958 times
Quote:
I honestly dont think that the fall or actions of adam/eve was foreknown or ordained by God. But maybe. But I know the way God understanding and the way we understand are completely different.... we might think it might be unfair but he has a a perspective that we know nothing about. If you read chapter 3: Eve wanted the glittery things of this world but she was deceived by the serpent and Adam just followed his wife.

I appreciate your input though.
I disagree. I think if you read it in the original language, you will see that Adam was right there. You'll also notice that Adam was told to stay away not eve. She was still a rib.

Anyway, the whole account seems contrived and embellished to me.

Old 10-07-2011, 11:53 PM

Quote:
I honestly dont think that the fall or actions of adam/eve was foreknown or ordained by God.
Then He had no business experimenting with sentient beings who (it is claimed by some) live forever. Throwing the dice (in your view) with the stakes so high (eternal damnation - mainstream Christian view) would be unconscionable. See what I'm saying?

Old 10-08-2011, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
However - if not taken literally - it is an astounding and advanced understanding of temporal vs. eternal and material vs. spiritual.

In order to experience contrast (light/dark, life/death, good/evil etc etc) humans had to be "expelled" from paradise.

Old 10-08-2011, 09:33 AM

Quote:
I disagree. I think if you read it in the original language, you will see that Adam was right there. You'll also notice that Adam was told to stay away not eve. She was still a rib.

No Adam was just an idiot and didnt know. Both of them were told to stay away.

Old 10-08-2011, 09:37 AM

Quote:
I think you are trying to say that salvation is actually: Not hurting your fellow man in any way possible.

I agree then. Love makes life more livable.
No I am not talking about salvation at all. I mean love is an important element but there are things that are important than that, just your thought process.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity