Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2019, 08:59 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times

Advertisements

Why on earth would someone not believe in something a bit unusual happening.
"Miracles" are just called that by people who don't understand, yet, how something happened.

I read sometimes here how preposterous Jesus dematerializing was, so, it didn't happen. (The witnessed 'Ascension') or his walking on water....or rising from death.

Why couldn't it be done by a Master? He knew what this place was made of and effected/manipulated atoms...no biggy for an advanced soul.
He wasn't deluded thinking this place was actually 'real'!!!
Like so many bozos still do...having not absorbed the advances in quantum physics discoveries....

We know now how our mind effects results in a lab...belief creates all sorts of things...you can
stay being an atheist...but why deny the power of the mind using focused determined willpower with positive belief 'making' out of the norm things happen?
Little ole me makes extraordinary things happen ALL the time! What's the big?

(My friends watch and are in shock...why? Gee whiz.)

I'm no advanced master, yet, going thru walls...but we all will be one day! I'm open.

Thanks...Discuss?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2019, 09:05 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Why on earth would someone not believe in something a bit unusual happening.
"Miracles" are just called that by people who don't understand, yet, how something happened.

I read sometimes here how preposterous Jesus dematerializing was, so, it didn't happen. (The witnessed 'Ascension') or his walking on water....or rising from death.

Why couldn't it be done by a Master? He knew what this place was made of and effected/manipulated atoms...no biggy for an advanced soul.
He wasn't deluded thinking this place was actually 'real'!!!
Like so many bozos still do...having not absorbed the advances in quantum physics discoveries....

We know now how our mind effects results in a lab...belief creates all sorts of things...you can
stay being an atheist...but why deny the power of the mind using focused determined willpower with positive belief 'making' out of the norm things happen?
Little ole me makes extraordinary things happen ALL the time! What's the big?

(My friends watch and are in shock...why? Gee whiz.)

I'm no advanced master, yet, going thru walls...but we all will be one day! I'm open.

Thanks...Discuss?
You know I'm with you in believing that our minds and the thoughts we think are powerful things. However...

I'm with Thomas … Unless I see it for myself, I'm not likely to believe it. So, if I see someone defying the physical laws of our reality, in person, then I might believe it (although in this day and age of amazing magicians/artists of illusion, maybe not).

Old 01-26-2019, 09:12 AM

Hi Pleroo
I'm also big on seeing is believing. That is why I tested some things from the Bible that seemed
too good to be true...with practicing certain things advised I found they worked.
A little openness and consistent observation can change a person a lot.
Blind faith is not one of my favorite things...but research goes a long way.

Like, watching a lecture on youtube of amazing findings and demonstrations
that Gregg Braden presents to us.

Old 01-26-2019, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Hi Pleroo
I'm also big on seeing is believing. That is why I tested some things from the Bible that seemed
too good to be true...with practicing certain things advised I found they worked.
A little openness and consistent observation can change a person a lot.
Blind faith is not one of my favorite things...but research goes a long way.

Like, watching a lecture on youtube of amazing findings and demonstrations
that Gregg Braden presents to us.
I'm with you on the testing. And I'm all about testing things like "do not worry", "give thanks in all circumstances", "be transformed by the renewing of your mind", "ask and receive", etc. But one can't test to find out if a man named Jesus actually walked through walls or rose bodily from the dead. You know, those things that some Christians insist we must believe in order not to be consigned to an eternity of torment.

Old 01-26-2019, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I'm with you on the testing. And I'm all about testing things like "do not worry", "give thanks in all circumstances", "be transformed by the renewing of your mind", "ask and receive", etc. But one can't test to find out if a man named Jesus actually walked through walls or rose bodily from the dead. You know, those things that some Christians insist we must believe in order not to be consigned to an eternity of torment.
Well, Christians and their concepts and railing don't bother me...haha.

But, when you listen, read, watch so many so called 'miracles' that happen today...like many on youtube...documenting
out of the ordinary things...it starts one's mind to open to possibilities.

Like, I could not believe some things done by Bush or Clinton...but watching and reading sure
changed my mind.
One reporter writing an article of their antics (similar to the Bible) and I didn't believe it.
I had to see more.

I believe many keep these beliefs or doubts for decades, "This couldn't have happened"...
..with no testing or private research.

I say too many, read a bit more about quantum physics.
Gotta run...

Old 01-26-2019, 09:47 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,920,829 times
"Why?" Because they are so obviously a part of "my God is better than your God attempts to draw people to a religion based on a personality rather than on the message of Jesus?

Old 01-26-2019, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
"Why?" Because they are so obviously a part of "my God is better than your God attempts to draw people to a religion based on a personality rather than on the message of Jesus?
Yes, spot on.

Old 01-26-2019, 10:10 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times
I personally believe that "miracles" are individual and are provided by god to allow us to continue with our ministry...

Old 01-26-2019, 10:23 AM

6,830 posts, read 3,220,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
I personally believe that "miracles" are individual and are provided by god to allow us to continue with our ministry...

Do you have any verifiable miracles that you have witnessed?

Old 01-26-2019, 11:41 AM

10,213 posts, read 14,834,115 times
A belief in miracles is somewhat of a paradox. Those who believe in them, see them; those who do not, do not see them. Likewise, a miracle to one person ... is a coincidence to another. A supernatural occurrence to one is simply something we don't understand to another. And, at what point does God Himself consider His intervention or involvement in the world - a "miracle."

I've seen God intervene and heal terminal conditions, that completely stymied the doctors. I've witnessed lives destroyed by drugs/alcohol, abuse and emotional issues ... suddenly changed in ways no one could explain. I've seen lives consumed by sin and evil, made whole as people were filled with hope, faith and trust in God.

Beyond that, there are unexplainable miracles yet today, such as hundreds of scientific discoveries ... that were foretold in the Bible thousands of years ago. Our generation is likewise seeing specific End Time prophecies fulfilled today at an astonishing pace. Indeed, all of nature is filled with God's miracles ... if one is only willing to see them, rather than try to explain them away with imaginary scientific theories for which no real proof exists.

IMO, the reason people do not believe in miracles - is they don't believe in and are unwilling to see a wonder/miracle-working God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity