Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 10:55 PM

63,888 posts, read 40,164,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Sorry, I never understand what the heck you are saying tgnostic. Never.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
That makes two of us.
It seems to be forum-wide. It has to be bad translation software.

Old 10-22-2011, 10:56 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,505,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
which btw was spoken to those who believed in God.

However, without faith it is impossible to please God, no matter how many trees one hugs or the usual vomit accusations of God being a monster.

Old 10-22-2011, 11:03 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,024,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post

However, without faith it is impossible to please God, no matter how many trees one hugs or the usual vomit accusations of God being a monster.
It is those preaching ET who accuse God of being a monster. Just for the record.

Old 10-22-2011, 11:04 PM

63,888 posts, read 40,164,479 times
Quote:

Your faith that you will be given special treatment because you followed ancient ignorant beliefs without questioning or evaluating their content using your own sense of right and wrong will not serve you well, Twin. If we cannot evaluate Evil from Good on our own . . . we have failed to develop our spiritual maturity. Ilene has developed that ablity. I like her chances over yours under God's scrutiny.

Old 10-22-2011, 11:05 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,631,430 times
Quote:

How do you know it was spoken only to those who believed in god? Are you the ultimate authority on this? One thing you're right about though is the Bible does say it is impossible to please God without faith. But what if you don't believe in the bible? And what's tree hugging and God being a monster have to do with anything? God, if he exists, is not the God of the Bible.

Old 10-22-2011, 11:37 PM

8,183 posts, read 6,938,956 times
Read through this thread when you first posted it Ilene and you've been on my mind. Just wanted to share this for what it's worth.

Being still... in nature... is when I feel God, the strongest deep within my soul.

Today, just sitting around in the backyard on the grass, with the sun shining down on my head, a leaf landed on my head from the tree above... I grabbed it and just sat there studying the patterns of that leaf, seeing the little tree shape outline within, listening to the birds singing and just being still.

Be still and know that I am God.

I don't need to know all the answers.
For me when I became fully trusting that "God is love", it wasn't so much a knowledge of something that I never knew before... but deep within, it feels as though, I'm actually remembering something I already knew... but maybe just forgot, somehow. Or allowed time to conceal it from me.

Little children have eyes to see.
I think sometimes religion is adult's way of trying to "remember" what they once KNEW but just can't quite get it back. The harder they TRY... the more confused things become.

Be still and know that I am God.

We're all on a journey. Ilene, I think yours is a most interesting one, perhaps because it parallels my own journey in some or even many ways, and I thank you for sharing it with us.

peace friend,
sparrow

Old 10-23-2011, 12:17 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,505,135 times
Quote:
How do you know it was spoken only to those who believed in god? Are you the ultimate authority on this?
How do I know, it's quite simple.

The ultimate authority; ... since you obviously no longer reconize that the Bible is and I do.... then just for you, ya I'm the ultimate authority

There, is that what you want to hear?

Quote:
One thing you're right about though is the Bible does say it is impossible to please God without faith. But what if you don't believe in the bible?
Since you no longer want to believe in the Bible then decide which false teaching suits you better and hope against hope.

Quote:
And what's tree hugging and God being a monster have to do with anything? God, if he exists, is not the God of the Bible.
That people who are tree huggers or people that characterize God as being a monster (the UR crowd here) ... will find out their theology is not the God of the Bible.

Old 10-23-2011, 12:28 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,410,183 times
Exclamation Notice it doesn't say, "Without faith in ET it is impossible to please God."

On several occasions twin has talked about the URs belief as "vomit."

Notice it doesn't say, "Without faith in ET it is impossible to please God."
Ilene still has faith in God, and that God is love.
In post #68 she wrote, "I believe there is a God and that He is love, but that's about it at this point."

Ilene also wrote, "I am and will be eternally grateful to the URist's....if I were to become a Christian again it would be as a UR, that's for certain. NO question."

The following is why URs perceive the ET god as a "monster."
And the following ET beliefs are what Ilene and URs "regurgitated."

ARMINIAN ET BELIEF - It's as if God says
“Unless you are lucky enough to find out about my son during this lifetime, and even if you are that lucky, if you don’t have the good sense to cooperate with my son properly before you die, then I am going to raise you from the dead and I will sustain you alive in an inescapable state of eternal torment forever.”

Christ's apparent mission: To save from eternal torment only those who are lucky enough to hear about Jesus before they die, and also are smart enough to properly cooperate with Him before they die.

CALVINIST ET BELIEF - It's as if God says
"Since there is nothing you can do about it because you are totally depraved and you are not one of the elect, it is obvious that I created most of you for the purpose of torturing you forever. However, I am going to choose a few of you to go to heaven where you will be happy forever."

Christ's apparent mission: To let everyone suffer eternal torment without any say in the matter, except the few He rescues by His irresistible grace.

UNIVERSAL RECONCILIATION BELIEF – It’s as if God says
“Sooner or later, because of what Christ accomplished by His death and resurrection, I am going to save all of you from everything from which you need to be saved, including your stubborn will.”

Christ's scriptural mission: 'And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world' (1John 4:14).

I worship a Jesus Who will be completely successful in accomplishing the reason why His Father sent Him.

Christ was prophesied to take away the sin of the world (Jn. 1:29), so how then can a sinless world suffer everlasting punishment in the lake of fire?! How absurd! Christ is the Saviour of the world (Jn. 4:42; 1Jn. 4:14), and I believe He will save it!"

Old 10-23-2011, 12:40 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,389,384 times
Quote:
That people who are tree huggers or people that characterize God as being a monster (the UR crowd here) ... will find out their theology is not the God of the Bible.
The eternal tormentors theology appears to be strictly derived from the bible of one's own understanding, resembling that of "Dead wood on the floor of the forest."

Old 10-23-2011, 12:49 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,410,183 times
Lightbulb Depends on which translation of the Bible you put your trust in

Quote:
That people who characterize God as being a monster (the UR crowd here) ... will find out their theology is not the God of the Bible.
Depends on which translation of the Bible you put your trust in.

I put my trust in these ones
Fifteen literally translated (not interpretively translated) Bibles that reveal what God will do with the sinners in Matthew 25:46
Concordant Literal, Young’s literal, Wilson’s Emphatic Diaglott, Rotherham’s Emphasized, Scarlett’s, J.W. Hanson’s New Covenant, Twentieth Century, Ferrar Fenton, The Western New Testament, Weymouth’s (unedited), Clementson’s, The New Testament of our Lord and Savior Jesus Anointed, The Restoration of Original Sacred Name Bible, Bullinger’s Companion Bible margins, Jonathan Mitchell’s translation (2010).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity