Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 11:09 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,024,144 times

Advertisements

I largely agree with this OP/ED article on the moral failure of America as a nation. Because of so many issues, I really do feel that no nation has fallen further into moral decay than ours. It has made me weep many times to see how we, who name the name of Christ the loudest in the earth are of all nations, the most corrupt. This is my personal opinion. I'm sure some will disagree, which is the thing I do love about America -- the freedom to hold an opinion and express it. Don't get me wrong, I do not want a theocracy as the right wingers seem hell bent on getting by force. In fact, I think getting a theocracy may be part of our punishment if/when we get one.
My Take: Reactions to Cain, Paterno point to a not-so-Christian nation – CNN Belief Blog - CNN.com Blogs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2011, 11:18 AM

2,705 posts, read 3,123,193 times
Criticizing one's own country should not be considered unpatriotic or treasonous.

Old 11-12-2011, 11:23 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,024,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophane View Post
Criticizing one's own country should not be considered unpatriotic or treasonous.
Thank you, Theophane. I agree with that. It pains me to criticize America.

I want to add a song that pulls my heart towards mercy to balance this depressing thread:

John Denver Falling Leaves (The Refugees).wmv - YouTube

Old 11-12-2011, 05:20 PM

9,693 posts, read 10,032,275 times
Heard a prophetic Word of Jesus about this in short `` The people and nation of Israel I grew up and love them, But the original leaders of America Love me and built this nation in My honor , I will never let America fail or be distroyed``....... The original prophecy I do not have but this the description of what I heard this year.....

Old 11-12-2011, 05:45 PM

2,705 posts, read 3,123,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Heard a prophetic Word of Jesus about this in short `` The people and nation of Israel I grew up and love them, But the original leaders of America Love me and built this nation in My honor , I will never let America fail or be distroyed``....... The original prophecy I do not have but this the description of what I heard this year.....
Source?

Old 11-12-2011, 06:14 PM

9,899 posts, read 1,281,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
I largely agree with this OP/ED article on the moral failure of America as a nation. Because of so many issues, I really do feel that no nation has fallen further into moral decay than ours. It has made me weep many times to see how we, who name the name of Christ the loudest in the earth are of all nations, the most corrupt. This is my personal opinion. I'm sure some will disagree, which is the thing I do love about America -- the freedom to hold an opinion and express it. Don't get me wrong, I do not want a theocracy as the right wingers seem hell bent on getting by force. In fact, I think getting a theocracy may be part of our punishment if/when we get one.
My Take: Reactions to Cain, Paterno point to a not-so-Christian nation – CNN Belief Blog - CNN.com Blogs
For some reason, I couldn't get the article to stay open. It kept shutting down on me. I'll try again later. It sounds good.

I agree with you about our country. It has lost its moral fiber, and it breaks my heart also. I think many feel that way.

My hubby and I had a bit of a disagreement about Joe Paterno. Hubby says Joe reported the incident and therefore should be off the hook. I see it differently. As a school teacher, if I report abuse and nothing gets done about it, I'm not going to walk away and forget about it. I'm going to pursue it until it is taken care of, even if I have to go over the heads of admin. I don't think old Joe did that. I think he turned his back on a horrible crime.

As for Cain, we still don't have the facts, so we can't judge at this point. But then, where there's smoke there's fire, right?

I sure don't want the far right taking over, but then I don't want the far left either. They're both loons IMO.

Back to our country......remember, nations rise and nations fall, and what usually brings them down?

Katie

Old 11-12-2011, 06:20 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,503,965 times
TLC is featuring the Muslim America .... pretty much sums it up where this country's spiritual soul is headed.

Last edited by twin.spin; 11-12-2011 at 06:30 PM..

Old 11-12-2011, 08:13 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,324,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Thank you, Theophane. I agree with that. It pains me to criticize America.

I want to add a song that pulls my heart towards mercy to balance this depressing thread:

John Denver Falling Leaves (The Refugees).wmv - YouTube
Forgive what you are seeing Heartsong, criticizing will do nothing worthwhile.

I will cry mercy - Sue Rinaldi - YouTube

Old 11-13-2011, 12:29 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,103,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
TLC is featuring the Muslim America .... pretty much sums it up where this country's spiritual soul is headed.
Perhaps it is time some Americans do learn a little of America's Muslim heritage. There were Muslims here since 1492. Some of Columbus's crew and his navigator were Muslim. There were Muslims among the Spanish explorers and the African slaves.

Always has been about a 3-10% Muslim population since colonial times. So far we have not overthrown the government or the like. We have a 500 year history of living peacefully in America and Muslims have fought in every war the USA was ever engaged in.

Quote:
[SIZE=+1]1513[/SIZE] Pri Ries completes his first world map, including the American, after research maps from all over the world. The practicality and artistry of his map surpassed any from his time or before. [SIZE=+1]1530[/SIZE] African slaves arrive in America. During the slave trade, more than 10 million Africans were uprooted from their homes and brought to American shores. Many of these slaves were from the Fulas, Fula Jallon, Fula Toro, and Massiona as well as other areas of West Africa. These areas were governed from their capital, "Timbuctu." These slaves were sent to Mexico, Cuba, and South America. More than 30 percent of these 10 million slaves were Muslim. They became the backbone of the American economy. [SIZE=+1]1539[/SIZE] Estevanico of Azamor, a Muslim from Morocco, lands in Florida with the ill-fated expedition of Panfilo de Narvaez in 1527. Estevanico remained in America to become the first of three Americans to cross the continent. At least two states owe their beginnings to this Muslim, Arizona and New Mexico. [SIZE=+1]1732[/SIZE] Ayyub ibn Sulaiman Jallon, a Muslim slave in Maryland, is set free by James Oglethorpe, founder of Georgia, and provided transportation to England. He arrived home (Boonda, Galumbo) from England in 1735. [SIZE=+1]1790[/SIZE] Moors from Spain are reported living in South Carolina and Florida.
SOURCE

Old 11-13-2011, 05:13 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,689,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Perhaps it is time some Americans do learn a little of America's Muslim heritage. There were Muslims here since 1492. Some of Columbus's crew and his navigator were Muslim. There were Muslims among the Spanish explorers and the African slaves.

Always has been about a 3-10% Muslim population since colonial times. So far we have not overthrown the government or the like. We have a 500 year history of living peacefully in America and Muslims have fought in every war the USA was ever engaged in.

SOURCE
Actually the Muslim population in US is only 0.6 %, so any theories about a Muslim takeover are nonsense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity