Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2011, 01:39 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,018,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
God has already accomplished reconciling us, as well as the world to himself. Sins are not being imputed to anyone. That is the Good News. That is the Gospel. That is what Jesus accomplished for us on the cross. That Good News (ie: the Gospel) is what we are to believe in, through faith. Faith reveals and makes known to us this Good News, that work that Jesus did for us.

And ff course, I want everyone, the entire world to know and believe this truth. I want everyone to worship Jesus and give Him the glory alone for what He accomplished.

Amen. Glory to God!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2011, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
Keep speaking the Truth, Finn. If God had already saved everyone/ forgiven everyone, then there was no reason for Jesus Christ to exist.
Wow! Just wow! This statement is shocking.

Old 11-06-2011, 01:46 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
My goodness. For the last and final time, this is the MINISTRY of reconciliation:

the ministry of reconciliation: 19 that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting people’s sins against them

Then, Paul makes a point to say BE reconciled. Be is an action verb indicating man must take action to accept the OFFER of reconciliation. Reconciliation isnt complete without man's acceptance.

V 20 We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God.
Paul is saying the message is God IS NOT holding your sin against you,so be YE reconciled to God This is good news to the hearer. This is so easy to understand, and the only way not to understand it is , the light you have is actually darkness.

Old 11-06-2011, 01:48 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,937,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Bringing up people who are not on the thread is gossip. It shows a lack of class and character. Leave me out of the conversation.
It wasn't gossip my friend. It was a reference to another thread of what both you and Finn believe, particularly with regards to the "teachers" you gather your ridiculous information from.

Are you saying that what you and Finn post on other threads has no bearing on this thread?

Old 11-06-2011, 01:48 PM

Quote:
The "enemy of the good news" are those who don't share how to become reconciled and forgiven....to trust Christ as their Savior and become blameless before God. Or those who believe there is another way to be reconciled other than through Christ. He is the one road to reconciliation.

A curse is on you, scribes and Pharisees, false ones! for you make men give a tenth of all sorts of sweet-smelling plants, but you give no thought to the more important things of the law, righteousness, and mercy, and faith; but it is right for you to do these, and not to let the others be undone. - Matthew 23:23 (Bible in Basic English)

Old 11-06-2011, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
God has already accomplished reconciling us, as well as the world to himself. Sins are not being imputed to anyone. That is the Good News. That is the Gospel. That is what Jesus accomplished for us on the cross. That Good News (ie: the Gospel) is what we are to believe in, through faith. Faith reveals and makes known to us this Good News, that work that Jesus did for us.

And ff course, I want everyone, the entire world to know and believe this truth. I want everyone to worship Jesus and give Him the glory alone for what He accomplished.
You mean to say that God actually accomplished something without the aid of man ?. That He is not only willing but able do that which he desires, without the interference or resistance of man ?. You really are an idiot

Old 11-06-2011, 01:54 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,937,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
You idiot !!
They called Jesus, my God and Saviour, much worse...

Old 11-06-2011, 01:55 PM

Quote:
The "enemy of the good news" are those who don't share how to become reconciled and forgiven....to trust Christ as their Savior and become blameless before God. Or those who believe there is another way to be reconciled other than through Christ. He is the one road to reconciliation.
That is simple "believe that Jesus Christ is not holding your sin against you", the sin the fundamentalists say God is holding against you, and the sin your own conscience condemns you for. Believing you will enter into the joy of the Lord and your feet will be guided into the path of peace. Now this is good news, in fact it is great news in fact it is music to the sinners ear.

Old 11-06-2011, 01:56 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Like I said you conveniently left out these following verses which tell us that we are ambassadors of the message of reconciliation, and Paul clearly is saying this message is to those who are not reconciled by the fact he told us to tell the people(which you stated was the believer) "BE YE RECONCILED.
You left it out too, but thanks for proving my point.

Quote:
You are saying in response to me what the author is saying is to believers.
I asked you to show me where I said it, but of course you can't because you changed the topic when you could not defend your original arguments.

Old 11-06-2011, 01:58 PM

Quote:
My goodness. For the last and final time, this is the MINISTRY of reconciliation:

the ministry of reconciliation: 19 that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting people’s sins against them

Then, Paul makes a point to say BE reconciled. Be is an action verb indicating man must take action to accept the OFFER of reconciliation. Reconciliation isnt complete without man's acceptance.

V 20 We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God.
But how are people to be reconciled while certain people are constantly telling them to be afraid of not being perfect, to be afraid that they might be deceived, to be afraid of the possibility of losing their salvation, falling from grace, etc.... Those things do not speak of the freedom or of the way of a little child. Jesus said you must become as a little child (trust God). People need to weed out those spies who come with a bad report about giants in the land. Granted, it is all a process and everyone is playing their role, be it honorable or dishonorable. I can only be that which God has chosen me to be - an encourager, an ambassador for Christ who comes with news of peace. If others are chosen to "block" my message" - that is between them and God. Afterall, God sent Moses - then went ahead and hardened Pharaoh's heart. I doubt Moses thought that made much sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity