Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2011, 05:27 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,921,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
First I thought you were just being arrogant, but you actually do think you are the judge on who believes and who doesn't. Unreal.......
I'm not the judge Finn, your own testimony is, your own words are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2011, 05:30 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,516,027 times
Yes, it is true that our sins are already forgiven, but "believing this fact, Alone" does not save us, no way. For, the devious ways of humans and the degenerate level to which our world has sunk guarantees that there are those that, be it consciously and/or Subconsciously, would grab this fact and tiptoe on, through the tulips of sin and living it up, taking salvation for granted.

We must stop making excuses for what sins we are still committing, we must admit, OWN our faults and obsessions or compulsions and HUMBLE ourselves along with this realization that you are suggesting, here.

Attitude is everything, with our Lord. It is more of why we do what we do than what we do, that God watches and holds us accountable for. Humans often do the right thing but for some hope of selfish gain, so doing right in many instances does not even assist salvation, and vice versa....we can be doing something wrong, compulsively, see it and dislike it in ourselves but be too weak to stop, and not be horribly guilty. ATTITUDE...

Old 11-06-2011, 05:40 PM

76,908 posts, read 47,227,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
I'm not the judge Finn, your own testimony is, your own words are.
Hey, whatever you say man.

Old 11-06-2011, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Hey, whatever you say man.
It's not "whatever" I say, it's simply what God has said here:

2Co 5:19 how that God was in Christ--a world reconciling to Himself, not reckoning to them their trespasses; and having put in us the word of the reconciliation,

This is what we (the "us", the believers) are to proclaim to the world. But how can you, or someone else, do this if you do not believe it?

Do you believe what the Gospel proclaims Finn? And do you proclaim this truth to the world?

Old 11-06-2011, 06:10 PM

76,908 posts, read 47,227,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
It's not "whatever" I say, it's simply what God has said here
You keep telling me I do not believe the Gospel (as if you knew), so I'll tell you for the last final time: whatever you say. It's your opinion. Who cares?

Old 11-06-2011, 06:25 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,471,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
God will and does hold everyones sins against them, the believers have Jesus as their mediator and the nonbelievers have nothing. I do not wish 1 second of torment on anyone but justice requires payment, either Jesus or the sinner will be the payment. What we may think are petty little sins God sees as a cancer. He offers the cure for this cancer, will you accept or reject His cure? Simple yet many make it complicated while claiming to simplify it.
So you believe god is holding your sins against you? Still even though you believe? And are reconciled?

Old 11-06-2011, 06:29 PM

Quote:
You keep telling me I do not believe the Gospel (as if you knew), so I'll tell you for the last final time: whatever you say. It's your opinion. Who cares?
The gospel, the it you don't understand: god is not holding sins against man.

Do you believe god is keeping record of Finn's sin?

Old 11-06-2011, 06:29 PM

Quote:
It's very telling that you would not answer if you believed that God is not imputing the world's sins to them. If you actually believed the Gospel you would not have responded the way you did.

And, I do care about you and Mike. I do want you to know and understand the Gospel and to believe it. And, like Paul, I do not want you or Mike to spread a false gospel nor discredit what it's wonderful truth proclaims to the world. Your doing so dishonors Christ and what God has proclaimed He accomplished on the cross. Namely, that God is not imputing the world's sin to them. Believe it Finn.

Old 11-06-2011, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
[b][color=sienna]Yes, it is true that our sins are already forgiven, but "believing this fact, Alone" does not save us, no way.
what are you paying for or being saved from then if your sins are forgiven?

Is it possible that WE are holding our sins against us and others' sins against them... Not god?

Old 11-06-2011, 06:43 PM

37,336 posts, read 28,072,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
what are you paying for or being saved from then if your sins are forgiven?

Is it possible that WE are holding our sins against us and others' sins against them... Not god?
Unforgiveness is not of God, you will not find it in the make up of who God IS.

To give his people the knowledge of salvation
***through the forgiveness of their sins***
because of the tender mercy of our God.

Father forgive them for they know not what they do.This is the Spirit of God and the Spirit of all who believe in Jesus Christ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity