Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 11:02 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times

Advertisements

Forgive them Father for they know not what they are saying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2011, 11:06 AM

4,213 posts, read 5,835,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Of cause He is against it, if he is holding it's sin against it. Did you not learn nothing from the parable of the wicked servant who held the debt he was owed,against the debtor and had him thrown in prison.
You are not paying attention and constantly come back to something you obviously don't understand, Lord forgive me I mean not disrespect. God is against sin not the sinner, He gave us Christ as way out of the penalty of sin, if you chose Christ you are fine and are on your way to perfection, if you deny Christ you condemn yourself to eternal separation from the love of God. The reason why it is eternal is because God conquers death meaning no one will be able to die the eternal death. Where will you spend eternity? Separated from God or with God?

Old 11-06-2011, 11:07 AM

Quote:
The believer is reconciled so how can the message of reconciliation of the ambassador(the reconciled) be a message to the reconciled ? to believe such a thing you have ot be as stiff necked as they come.

You who are not reconciled to God I want you to know and assure you that God is not holding your sin against you,so be reconciled to him. No matter what you have done, or how bad you see yourself in your own eyes, God is not holding that against you.
Believe it, and your feet will be guided into the path of peace,guided not by a bible although the bible contains many a wonderful treasure , but guided by his presence within your innermost being.
This is the good news. It is not about believing in christianity. Especially the fundamental wing of it, it is not about believing in the bible, it is about believing beyond all the unforgiveness, whether it comes from the lying mouths of the fundamentalist, or your own condemned conscience and accepting that Jesus Christ is not holding your sin against you, there are no strings or conditions attached.

Old 11-06-2011, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
You are not paying attention and constantly come back to something you obviously don't understand, Lord forgive me I mean not disrespect. God is against sin not the sinner, He gave us Christ as way out of the penalty of sin, if you chose Christ you are fine and are on your way to perfection, if you deny Christ you condemn yourself to eternal separation from the love of God. The reason why it is eternal is because God conquers death meaning no one will be able to die the eternal death. Where will you spend eternity? Separated from God or with God?
God was in Christ reconciling the world unto himself .............. Are you ready again Robin to hear what is the message of reconciliation? ............NOT COUNTING YOUR SIN AGAINST YOU.

Old 11-06-2011, 11:12 AM

Quote:
It is because your unforgiveness towards the world is very apparent.
If it wasn't for the forgiveness of God I would not care. I forgive everyone for everything they do that is wrong but I don't forget and learn to deal with their sins without it causing me problems. If I did not forgive, I would be on the most wanted list for obvious reasons.

Old 11-06-2011, 11:15 AM

Quote:
If it wasn't for the forgiveness of God I would not care. I forgive everyone for everything they do that is wrong but I don't forget and learn to deal with their sins without it causing me problems. If I did not forgive, I would be on the most wanted list for obvious reasons.
How can you forgive everyone of their sin and deal with it and God cannot?

Will you ever see that God is far more able and willing in the forgiveness department than you and the god you believe in could ever know ?

Old 11-06-2011, 11:16 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
The message is for both, reconciled for growth and non-reconciled for salvation.
I think he undrstood it when the rest of the verses were brought in, but pride keeps him from admitting his error. Now he is just arguing to save face.

Old 11-06-2011, 11:18 AM

461 posts, read 480,724 times
The problem is that Christians think they believe but in truth they do not.They try to teach but still have a plank in there eyes so that the blind try to lead the blind.It is not believing that the son of man is your savior but following his example and proclaiming the good news as he does, not like Paul and the false disciples.Spread the word of the Lord as Jesus did and I do with the OT and the Gospels then you will know the truth.The son of man is being revealed, if you want to see him take my advice.To get forgiveness you must walk in the shoes of the son of man and spread the truth.

"Anyone who is not willing to follow after me is not worthy of me".

Think of that passage as the truth, the word of God, telling you that if you do not speak/spread him he will not reveal his meaning to you.Paul and the others did not understand, I do.Have faith in God and the son of man.

"The man who has faith in me will do the works I do"

Luke 17:24
" For as the lightning flashes and lights up the sky from one side to the other, so will the Son of man be in his day. 25 But first he must suffer many things and be rejected by this generation. 26 As it was in the days of Noah, so will it be in the days of the Son of man. 27 They ate, they drank, they married, they were given in marriage, until the day when Noah entered the ark, and the flood came and destroyed them all. 28 Likewise as it was in the days of Lot--they ate, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they built, 29 but on the day when Lot went out from Sodom fire and sulphur rained from heaven and destroyed them all-- 30 so will it be on the day when the Son of man is revealed.

Old 11-06-2011, 11:19 AM

Quote:
This is the good news. It is not about believing in christianity. Especially the fundamental wing of it, it is not about believing in the bible, it is about believing beyond all the unforgiveness, whether it comes from the lying mouths of the fundamentalist, or your own condemned conscience and accepting that Jesus Christ is not holding your sin against you, there are no strings or conditions attached.
Where did I say "believe in Christianity"? I did not. Where did I say "believe in the Bible"? I did not. I did say trust the Bible. You hate fundamentalists don't you? You cannot accept the truth so you lie about them. Hate and lies, works of the flesh.

Quote:
God was in Christ reconciling the world unto himself .............. Are you ready again Robin to hear what is the message of reconciliation? ............NOT COUNTING YOUR SIN AGAINST YOU.
Of course He isn't holding my sins against me, I am a believer, but I do need to repent for the sins I commit so I can grow in my faith.

Old 11-06-2011, 11:20 AM

8,435 posts, read 10,527,269 times
Quote:
Absolutely wonderful thread!

It's fairly simple to understand that one cannot receive the riches of the good news while blinded by the guilt of their own sin. The bible, as Pcamps so eloquently reminds us, says that god is not holding your sin against you. Therefore you are free to be reconciled. It is useless to seek reconciliation if you are wallowing in guilt from past or even future sin.

Think of it this way... You are 500 lbs and your doctor says you cannot exercise until you get down to 400 lbs but you really want to become healthy and lose weight. What a conundrum.

Those in opposition to the OP would have you believe you must lose 100 lbs of sin first before God will forgive you and you can be reconciled. Yet the bible says "come as you are" and "your sins are not counted against you". God sees you as sinless so that you can be reconciled and achieve sinlessness.

God is the great physician. He wants reconciliation, not effort. Forgiveness, not sacrifice.

For while we were yet sinners....(unbelievers) Christ died for us.

The bible is clear that sin will not stop god from reconciling the world. He simply doesn't count that against you. So come as you are and be healed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity