Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 09:23 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,491,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
The days are coming," declares the Sovereign LORD, "when I will send a famine through the land--not a famine of food or a thirst for water, but a famine of hearing the words of the LORD.

Men will stagger from sea to sea and wander from north to east, searching for the word of the LORD, but they will not find it. Amos 8:11-12

How could this possibly be if the bible is the word of God? . I have a bunch of them in my house,one in a travel bag,there's usually one knocking around in my van. I also have access to online bibles and if I wanted I could have one on my kindle. So all in all, I have a feast of bibles in my little plot of land, no famine going on here, if the bible is the word of the Lord.
God is more clever than the sarcastic accussers ... he can hid the Bible in plain view.

Matthew 13:14 (to fulfill) the prophecy of Isaiah: " 'You will be ever hearing but never understanding; you will be ever seeing but never perceiving.' "
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2011, 04:21 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
God is more clever than the sarcastic accussers ... he can hid the Bible in plain view.

Matthew 13:14 (to fulfill) the prophecy of Isaiah: " 'You will be ever hearing but never understanding; you will be ever seeing but never perceiving.'

"
Proof indeed that THE WORD is not the bible

Old 11-11-2011, 04:22 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
What have you discoverd about Christ that is contrary or in addition to what is contained in Holy Scripture?
Good luck getting them to answer. They launch new attackes against the Holy Bible on weekly bases, and I have asked this question many times befoere, but never got an answer from any new ager/atheist or universalist.

Old 11-11-2011, 04:36 AM

Jesus said "You search the scriptures for in the you THINK you have LIFE,(in other words you thought wrong).......... But they are they which testify of me(Who is the LIFE).

Jesus said He is THE LIFE.

'Go on, and standing, speak in the temple to the people all the sayings of THIS LIFE Acts 5:20

Fundamentalists believe the scriptures are life. Jesus said he was . The disicples were told to preach the message of This Life, Life being Jesus, because we know that in the scriptures there is no life,because Jesus said so himself.

Old 11-11-2011, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Jesus said "You search the scriptures for in the you THINK you have LIFE,(in other words you thought wrong).......... But they are they which testify of me(Who is the LIFE).

Jesus said He is THE LIFE.

'Go on, and standing, speak in the temple to the people all the sayings of THIS LIFE Acts 5:20

Fundamentalists believe the scriptures are life. Jesus said he was . The disicples were told to preach the message of This Life, Life being Jesus, because we know that in the scriptures there is no life,because Jesus said so himself.
Tell us one thing about Jesus or His teachings you have learned outside of the Bible which is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness.

Old 11-11-2011, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Tell us one thing about Jesus or His teachings you have learned outside of the Bible which is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness.
Tell me from which bible the Shepherd Boy David learned that his Lord was His Shepherd ?. And do you think the scriptures are Life ?

I have another question which will debunk your question, I will hold off until you answer this one , wouldn't want you avoiding this one along with most other questions you avoid.

Last edited by pcamps; 11-11-2011 at 05:10 AM..

Old 11-11-2011, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Tell me from which bible the Shepherd Boy David learned that his Lord was His Shepherd ?. And do you think the scriptures are Life ?

I have another question which will debunk your question, I will hold off until you answer this one , wouldn't want you avoiding this one along with most other questions you avoid.
No answer. Well, I didn't think so

Old 11-11-2011, 06:15 AM

Quote:
No answer. Well, I didn't think so
No answer from you too, didn't think so .

By the way I do have an answer for your question, I am withholding it because knowing how you avoid answers, you will make it an issue about my answer and in doing so craftily avoid my questions to you.

So maybe I will save the answer for another day.

The Lord is my Shepherd I shall not want .

Old 11-11-2011, 08:27 AM

Quote:
No answer from you too, didn't think so .
You avoided answering the question, like you always do. It is what it is, and it is always the same.

Old 11-11-2011, 09:44 AM

Quote:
You avoided answering the question, like you always do. It is what it is, and it is always the same.
Lol, I have lost count how many posters on here have said this about you Mr Jarber.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity