U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-15-2011, 07:15 AM
 
Location: New England
36,912 posts, read 25,651,578 times
Reputation: 2705

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
I agree with you Brian...way too many focus on the physical man and never attempt to LIVE the life or take the steps to LIVE the life he taught us to LIVE...which would then display the "image of God" to others through us...for that "image" dwells WITHIN US ALL...most just don't display it.
Yes he came for one purpose to reveal to us how to BE,He did this by His Life, for there is no place he would have us be, where he is not.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-15-2011, 07:18 AM
 
Location: Italy
6,387 posts, read 5,985,240 times
Reputation: 872
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Jesus, being the image of the invisible God, is not that God.

Likewise, when Jesus said "He who has seen me has seen the Father," Jesus was not saying He (Jesus) was the Father.

After Jesus arose from the dead He told Mary to tell His disciples He was ascending to His Father and their Father and to His God and their God.

Therefore, since the Father was up there (pointing to the sky) while Jesus was down here, we can safely say Jesus was not the Father nor the disciples' God.

So how are we to take Jesus' statement concerning seeing Him is seeing the Father? It is this: Jesus exibited the fruit of the Spirit. He was merciful, kind, patient, long suffering, loving, caring, forgiving as is the Father who is in heaven.
What Jesus was is what we will become. We will be equal with Him in everything. The body follows the head.


Blessings,
brian
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-15-2011, 07:19 AM
 
Location: Prattville, Alabama
4,883 posts, read 5,875,778 times
Reputation: 819
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Yes he came for one purpose to reveal to us how to BE,He did this by His Life, for there is no place he would have us be, where he is not.
I absolutely agree...he came to reveal the path we are to take to also be ONE with God, just as he was. Sadly, the path is completely rejected by the majority of Christianity...which is why there is so much confusion and NO unity among believers.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-15-2011, 07:20 AM
 
Location: New England
36,912 posts, read 25,651,578 times
Reputation: 2705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Jesus, being the image of the invisible God, is not that God.

Likewise, when Jesus said "He who has seen me has seen the Father," Jesus was not saying He (Jesus) was the Father.

After Jesus arose from the dead He told Mary to tell His disciples He was ascending to His Father and their Father and to His God and their God.

Therefore, since the Father was up there (pointing to the sky) while Jesus was down here, we can safely say Jesus was not the Father nor the disciples' God.

So how are we to take Jesus' statement concerning seeing Him is seeing the Father? It is this: Jesus exibited the fruit of the Spirit. He was merciful, kind, patient, long suffering, loving, caring, forgiving as is the Father who is in heaven.
Nice!.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-15-2011, 07:22 AM
 
Location: Italy
6,387 posts, read 5,985,240 times
Reputation: 872
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
I agree with you Brian...way too many focus on the physical man and never attempt to LIVE the life or take the steps to LIVE the life he taught us to LIVE...which would then display the "image of God" to others through us...for that "image" dwells WITHIN US ALL...most just don't display it.
That's right. And no surprise, since most Christians don't believe that they will ever be "like Jesus." But they will! Thanks to His Spirit, they will be just like Him!

We all have the "new operating system" within us, placed there since Calvary. We still see the flesh largely at work wreaking havoc, but the Spirit is rising up here-and-there, here a bit, there a bit. I don't know when the fullness will come, but I'm looking forward to all mankind finally dwelling in peace and harmony, with God and with one another!


Blessings,
brian
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-15-2011, 07:37 AM
 
Location: Prattville, Alabama
4,883 posts, read 5,875,778 times
Reputation: 819
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
That's right. And no surprise, since most Christians don't believe that they will ever be "like Jesus." But they will! Thanks to His Spirit, they will be just like Him!

We all have the "new operating system" within us, placed there since Calvary. We still see the flesh largely at work wreaking havoc, but the Spirit is rising up here-and-there, here a bit, there a bit. I don't know when the fullness will come, but I'm looking forward to all mankind finally dwelling in peace and harmony, with God and with one another!


Blessings,
brian
It's a shame that the majority of Christianity doesn't agree with us on that point...most only reserve that privilege to believers and don't understand that it is actually WITHIN US ALL...some just aren't consciously aware of it yet. But it will happen someday...............
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-15-2011, 09:03 AM
 
Location: Italy
6,387 posts, read 5,985,240 times
Reputation: 872
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
It's a shame that the majority of Christianity doesn't agree with us on that point...most only reserve that privilege to believers and don't understand that it is actually WITHIN US ALL...some just aren't consciously aware of it yet. But it will happen someday...............
There is a certain joy in knowing that God has done the work, that His work includes not just a few but all, and that He alone will get the credit due Him for His salvation.

To me, God is a Savior who will save all. The salvation of all is more noble than the salvation of a few.

Blessings,
brian
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-15-2011, 12:55 PM
 
59,730 posts, read 35,355,839 times
Reputation: 7222
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Personally, I believe that the Spirit that was in the man called Jesus is the "image of God." (That is, it is not a physical man, not a book or anything else.)
And I believe that same Spirit has spread into all mankind, and is slowly beginning to arise in some of us..
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
I believe that in Jesus, we see something of what an "obedient" Adam would have been like, but more, because Jesus ate from the tree of Life, which is the Father Himself. His feeding continually off of the Father, is the pattern that we (mankind) are to follow.
The message was that Life is also the Light in ALL men. "Ye are the light of the world." Christ (or the Light within us) our hope of glory.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
I agree with you Brian...way too many focus on the physical man and never attempt to LIVE the life or take the steps to LIVE the life he taught us to LIVE...which would then display the "image of God" to others through us...for that "image" dwells WITHIN US ALL...most just don't display it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Yes he came for one purpose to reveal to us how to BE,He did this by His Life, for there is no place he would have us be, where he is not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
What Jesus was is what we will become. We will be equal with Him in everything. The body follows the head.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
I absolutely agree...he came to reveal the path we are to take to also be ONE with God, just as he was. Sadly, the path is completely rejected by the majority of Christianity...which is why there is so much confusion and NO unity among believers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
It's a shame that the majority of Christianity doesn't agree with us on that point...most only reserve that privilege to believers and don't understand that it is actually WITHIN US ALL...some just aren't consciously aware of it yet. But it will happen someday...............
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
There is a certain joy in knowing that God has done the work, that His work includes not just a few but all, and that He alone will get the credit due Him for His salvation.
To me, God is a Savior who will save all. The salvation of all is more noble than the salvation of a few.
So much truth and wisdom in this thread . . . thank you, brian, Christy, pcamps and all who have contributed your witness.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-15-2011, 01:11 PM
 
463 posts, read 448,552 times
Reputation: 39
"Wisdom is the spotless mirror of the power of God the image of Gods goodness."

Christianity disobeys Jesus commands and therefore cannot see life but has the wrath of God instead.

JN 3:36 "Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever disobeys the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God remains upon him.

The Lord says;

I will restore your judges as at first, and your counselors as in the beginning; After that you shall be called city of justice, faithful city. Zion shall be redeemed by judgment, and her repentant ones by justice.


A shoot shall sprout from the stump of Jesse, and from his roots a bud shall blossom.
The spirit of the Lord shall rest upon him: a spirit of wisdom and of understanding, A spirit of counsel and of strength, a spirit of knowledge and of fear of the Lord,
and his delight shall be the fear of the Lord. Not by appearance shall he judge, nor by hearsay shall he decide, But he shall judge the poor with justice, and decide aright for the land's afflicted. He shall strike the ruthless with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips he shall slay the wicked.
Justice shall be the band around his waist, and faithfulness a belt upon his hips.

JN 12:26 "Whoever serves me must follow me, where I am, there will my servant be. The Lord will honor whoever serves me. JN 8:12 I am the light of the world. No one who follows me will ever walk in darkness, cause he will possess the light of life. JN 12:35Whoever walks in the dark does not know where he is going. Once you have the light, keep faith in the light, and you will become a child of light.
JN 12:44 Whoever believes in me believes not only in me but also in the One who sent me, and whoever sees me sees the one who sent me".
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2011, 06:09 AM
 
9,397 posts, read 8,992,415 times
Reputation: 1756
Like in John 14....Jesus said, Many have seen the Father , for ``I you had known me you should have known my Father also, and from now on you know him and have seen him ........ The Father that dwells in Me does the works ..... He that believes on me the works that I do will he do also, and greater works than these will he do, because I go to my Father ...whatever you ask in my name that will I do that the Father may be glorified in the Son``......So here is the proof that Jesus is the image of the Father by the works that He did and the glorious works Christians do today shows The Father glorifying the Son, Like saving the lost from death, and healing the sick and delivering the captives , giving sight from the blind , anointing people with the new spirit by the new creation of Christ , which is embedded with this new Image of God , the Only difference between this new spirit of Christ and the role of the Lord God is that we are not the Judge or Condemners in this temporal life , as the Lord is our Judge...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top