Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 04:47 AM

37,336 posts, read 28,084,365 times

Advertisements

If you have seen me, you have seen the Father.

Who or what do you believe is the image of God ?.

What are the attributes of one declared to be THE Image of God ?.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2011, 04:50 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,338,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post

Personally, I believe that the Spirit that was in the man called Jesus is the "image of God." (That is, it is not a physical man, not a book or anything else.)

And I believe that same Spirit has spread into all mankind, and is slowly beginning to arise in some of us..

Blessings,
brian

Old 11-15-2011, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Personally, I believe that the Spirit that was in the man called Jesus is the "image of God." (That is, it is not a physical man, not a book or anything else.)

And I believe that same Spirit has spread into all mankind, and is slowly beginning to arise in some of us..

Blessings,
brian
So God is Spirit and the Spirit is Life, so in Christ we saw who and what God is like by the Life ?.

In him was Life and the Life is the Light to All men. What was that Light saying to those who saw it ?.

Old 11-15-2011, 06:17 AM

668 posts, read 2,179,139 times
Dont hide me under a bushel on top of a hill???

Only through JESUS can you come to the FATHER...

I wish you well...

Jesse

Old 11-15-2011, 06:31 AM

698 posts, read 643,985 times
Quote:

Jesus. Jesus is the image of the invisible ‘god’. The “fullness” of god’s personality and glory was shown in the person of Jesus. Jesus never sinned because he was full of god’s character/spirit. To see Jesus, was to see ‘god’ because he was the perfect replica of ‘him’ in human form.

Old 11-15-2011, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kids in america_ View Post
Jesus. Jesus is the image of the invisible ‘god’. The “fullness” of god’s personality and glory was shown in the person of Jesus. Jesus never sinned because he was full of god’s character/spirit. To see Jesus, was to see ‘god’ because he was the perfect replica of ‘him’ in human form.
Nice!. And as we meditate upon this Image of God made known to us in Christ day and night we be like a tree planted by streams of water,
which yields its fruit in season,and whose leaf does not wither.Psalm 1

Old 11-15-2011, 07:45 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,338,269 times
Quote:
So God is Spirit and the Spirit is Life, so in Christ we saw who and what God is like by the Life ?.

In him was Life and the Life is the Light to All men. What was that Light saying to those who saw it ?.
I believe that in Jesus, we see something of what an "obedient" Adam would have been like, but more, because Jesus ate from the tree of Life, which is the Father Himself. His feeding continually off of the Father, is the pattern that we (mankind) are to follow.

The message was that Life is also the Light in ALL men. "Ye are the light of the world." Christ (or the Light within us) our hope of glory.

Blessings,
brian

Old 11-15-2011, 07:57 AM

Quote:
I believe that in Jesus, we see something of what an "obedient" Adam would have been like, but more, because Jesus ate from the tree of Life, which is the Father Himself. His feeding continually off of the Father, is the pattern that we (mankind) are to follow.

The message was that Life is also the Light in ALL men. "Ye are the light of the world." Christ (or the Light within us) our hope of glory.

Blessings,
brian
Nice!.

Old 11-15-2011, 08:04 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,185,878 times
Quote:

Blessings,
brian
I agree with you Brian...way too many focus on the physical man and never attempt to LIVE the life or take the steps to LIVE the life he taught us to LIVE...which would then display the "image of God" to others through us...for that "image" dwells WITHIN US ALL...most just don't display it.

Old 11-15-2011, 08:08 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,885,973 times
Jesus, being the image of the invisible God, is not that God.

Likewise, when Jesus said "He who has seen me has seen the Father," Jesus was not saying He (Jesus) was the Father.

After Jesus arose from the dead He told Mary to tell His disciples He was ascending to His Father and their Father and to His God and their God.

Therefore, since the Father was up there (pointing to the sky) while Jesus was down here, we can safely say Jesus was not the Father nor the disciples' God.

So how are we to take Jesus' statement concerning seeing Him is seeing the Father? It is this: Jesus exibited the fruit of the Spirit. He was merciful, kind, patient, long suffering, loving, caring, forgiving as is the Father who is in heaven.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity