Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 10:04 AM

2,332 posts, read 2,848,218 times

Advertisements

There: it's our fault for some way of the very Creation that God can't save us all. But also the Ego is an illusion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2011, 10:06 AM

8,435 posts, read 10,567,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saved33 View Post
Jesus completed the mission he was sent to this earth to complete. He stated, "It is finished". He completed His Father's entire will for mankind's salvation. Jesus did not fail.

Because of Adam's disobedience, man, who now is born with a sinful nature, is the failure.

God was, is and will never be a failure.

God will save those who believe in His Son Jesus Christ's redemptive work on the cross and obey Him. Christ obeyed His Father's entire will and subsequently went to the cross. Those who disobey in their lifetime will not be saved. So, who is the failure? Any person who will not repent of their sinful nature and turn to Him for life.

Believe and obey and live...or
Remain in unbelief and disobedience and die...

Matthew 1:21
And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall Save His people from their sins.

You are "His people" - and will be saved - if you come to Him and ask Him into your heart as your Savior from your sins. Jesus did ALL the work already, all one needs to do is come to Him in faith...
It was finished before it began. Gods salvation is not dependent on Jesus, Paul, you, men... It is all dependent on god. Now if you trust god fully to be "finished" then how can you say it is now up to man? How can you trust a fickle god that says he wants all to be saved yet requires man to work (accept) that "free" salvation?

Doesn't make much sense to me. If god wants all men to be saved and salvation is free... How does that leave any man unsaved?

Old 11-16-2011, 10:07 AM

1,263 posts, read 1,395,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
God can do anything. Jesus, however made it clear you gota knock on the door. i know a little bit about "saving" people. often when u draw near when they are drowning they will take u with them.
throwing a life preserver is a better move. i think Jesus hinted at that way of thinking.
read the fine print.

Jesus is most definitely the one and only life preserver to grab on to!

Old 11-16-2011, 10:09 AM

2,332 posts, read 2,848,218 times
Salvation is not free, unless it was the freedom called upon by God in the first place. I'm tricky though. You Americans aren't at Clintonomics like I am.

Old 11-16-2011, 10:10 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,390,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
God can do anything. Jesus, however made it clear you gota knock on the door. i know a little bit about "saving" people. often when u draw near when they are drowning they will take u with them.
throwing a life preserver is a better move. i think Jesus hinted at that way of thinking.
read the fine print.
You make an excellent point. Jesus, in fact, drowned!! And by doing so, He also emptied the pool!

(That's why they say that Jesus "died for you.")

Blessings,
brian

Old 11-16-2011, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
It was finished before it began. Gods salvation is not dependent on Jesus, Paul, you, men... It is all dependent on god. Now if you trust god fully to be "finished" then how can you say it is now up to man? How can you trust a fickle god that says he wants all to be saved yet requires man to work (accept) that "free" salvation?

Doesn't make much sense to me. If god wants all men to be saved and salvation is free... How does that leave any man unsaved?
Do children have faith in their life givers? Of course, although some life givers fail in their duties.

We also need to have a child-like faith in our eternal life giver. Indeed. But He will not fail those who put their trust in Him.

Old 11-16-2011, 10:11 AM

8,435 posts, read 10,567,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Can and will are two different concepts. Can God save everyone. Yes! Will God save everyone? I don't think so.
are you defining can and will by human terms or the terms of god?
Quote:
John 3:36 says: Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on them.
define gods wrath...
Quote:
I don't see (in the Bible) where God is gonna force people to love Him or force them into salvation.

And please note: In the olden days conquered foes would bend their knees and submit to their new rulers-on pain of death. Would they love the new rulers? Not likely. But they would submit.
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
Ask yourself if god NEEDS human submission.. Or love... Or help... Or agreement... To save them. IMO a god that needs human submission, love, help, and agreement is a weak god. Does salvation depend on man or god?

Old 11-16-2011, 10:12 AM

4,212 posts, read 5,853,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Yes, for all of you who think that God just can't change man's stubborn heart that God Himself made, take a hike up a big hill or mountain. Then look down upon the cities below, and see how miniscule sinful man is. Take a look around at the clouds, the stars, the immensity of all that surrounds you.

And then try to tell me that God was able to make all that, but somehow He just can't change little ol' mankind that He put here to love and follow Him.

Blessings to all,
brian

Sure He can, but will He? Remember we still have free will.

Old 11-16-2011, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
You make an excellent point. Jesus, in fact, drowned!! And by doing so, He also emptied the pool!

(That's why they say that Jesus "died for you.")

Blessings,
brian

Jesus is the life preserver.
Grab on and He will preserve your life into all eternity.

Old 11-16-2011, 10:19 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,863,826 times
The great force works in mysterious ways...God probably does not really care if us ants are good or evil - after all God made both good and evil and all that is in between..>BUT he would prefere that you take the more pleasant and good path so you can enjoy life to the fullest as he intended..This becomes a free will issue. God loves his creations so much that he allows them the freedom to be good or bad..like a parent who allows his kids to learn from experience.

God ...Is a little like the good vampire standing at your door...He only comes in if invited - God is extremely polite. If you want to change and be renewed - you have to understand that you are in need of some sort of salvation - and you have to ASK . for help...other than that - I theorize that God does not really think that salvation is an important issue - In the alternative salvation is very important to humanity....God is omni-potent...powerful beyond imagination..he does not come calling on a whim...you must request his presence. That's the way I see it...as for Jesus - he acts as a door...you knock he opens it - and on the other side of that door is the big boss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity