Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2011, 04:22 PM

1,393 posts, read 1,751,839 times

Advertisements

Happy Thanksgiving to all the monitors, and the people to this forum, the world.

Thanks be to God!
1 Cor 15:57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

2 Cor 8:16 But thanks be to God, which put the same earnest care into the heart of Titus for you.

Lev 7:11-13 And this is the law of the sacrifice of peace offerings, which he shall offer unto the LORD.
If he offer it for a thanksgiving, then he shall offer with the sacrifice of thanksgiving unleavened cakes mingled with oil, and unleavened wafers anointed with oil, and cakes mingled with oil, of fine flour, fried.
Besides the cakes, he shall offer for his offering leavened bread with the sacrifice of thanksgiving of his peace offerings.

Jer 30:19 Then out of them shall proceed thanksgiving And the voice of those who make merry; I will multiply them, and they shall not diminish; I will also glorify them, and they shall not be small.

Phil 1:3-6 I thank my God upon every remembrance of you,
Always in every prayer of mine for you all making request with joy, For your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now; Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

Col 4:2 Continue earnestly in prayer, being vigilant in it with thanksgiving;

Col 1:2-6 To the saints and faithful brethren in Christ which are at Colosse: Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
We give thanks to God and the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, praying always for you,
Since we heard of your faith in Christ Jesus, and of the love which ye have to all the saints,
For the hope which is laid up for you in heaven, whereof ye heard before in the word of the truth of the gospel; Which is come unto you, as it is in all the world; and bringeth forth fruit, as it doth also in you, since the day ye heard of it, and knew the grace of God in truth:

Matt 6:9-15 After this manner therefore pray ye:
Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread, day by day.
And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever. Amen.
For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:
But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

2 Thess 2:13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

Phil 4:6-9 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.

Luke 2:14 Glory to God in the highest forever and ever, and on earth peace, good will toward men. A-MEN

Last edited by TheWordIsOne; 11-24-2011 at 04:24 PM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2011, 05:25 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,011,211 times
See on Oct 14 1789 George Washington Proclamation of General Thanksgiving ....``Where as it is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God , to obey His will , to be grateful for His benefits, and humbly to implore His protection and favor, and Where as both Houses of Congress have , by their joint committee, requested me to recommend to the people of the United States a Day of Public Thanksgiving and prayer., to be observed by acknowledging with grateful hearts the many a signal favors of Almighty God, especially by affording them a opportunity peaceably and establish a form of government for the safety and happiness.....Now therefore I do recommend and assign Thursday, the twenty-six day of November next to be devoted by the people of there States to the service of the great and glorious being who is the beneficent author of all the good that was, and that will be , that we may then all unite in rendering unto Him our sincere and humble thanks for His kind care and protection of the people of this country previous to their becoming a nation. for the signal and manifold mercies and a favorable interportions of His providence in the course and conclusion of the late war, for the great degree of tranquility, union, and plenty which we have since enjoyed, ........... Also that we may then unite in most humbly offering prayers and supplications to the Great Lord and Ruler of Nations a beseech Him to pardon our national and other transgressions ............ George Washington .....................See This is only a part of the original document that the father of America who loved the Lord Jesus in their day gives to America for us today.....

Old 11-24-2011, 05:32 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,658,642 times
Happy Thanksgiving to you too TWIO...Hope you had a great day...you and your family.

God Bless...

Old 11-24-2011, 06:30 PM

337 posts, read 409,029 times
Happy Thanksgiving! It was my turn to give the devotion this year at our celebration. And boy did I tag the secularists!

Old 11-24-2011, 06:31 PM

461 posts, read 480,611 times
Happy thanksgiving.

"Blessed is he who hears the word of the Lord and keeps it."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity