Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 08:37 AM

889 posts, read 825,471 times

Advertisements

John 17:19-23

19 And for their sake I consecrate myself, that they also may be consecrated in truth. 20 "I do not pray for these only, but also for those who believe in me through their word, 21 that they may all be one; even as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be in us, so that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. 22 The glory which thou hast given me I have given to them, that they may be one even as we are one, 23 I in them and thou in me, that they may become perfectly one, so that the world may know that thou hast sent me and hast loved them even as thou hast loved me.

Is YOUR church obedient to Christ's wishes of becoming perfectly one with your fellow Christians? Do you go to the One Church that Christ created? Are you perfectly One with the Body of Christ. Do you believe that the bread and wine in your communion is actually the real body, blood, soul and divinity of Jesus Christ and when you consume the wine and bread you literally become ONE with Jesus Christ? Do you believe that when you consume the host that you actually take in Christ and Christ takes in you as you become one?

As we prepare a path for the coming of the Lord, think and pray about becoming one with Christ and Christ's Church, the Catholic Church.

Last edited by GoodToBeHome; 12-13-2011 at 08:51 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2011, 08:48 AM

901 posts, read 2,387,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodToBeHome View Post

19 And for their sake I consecrate myself, that they also may be consecrated in truth. 20 "I do not pray for these only, but also for those who believe in me through their word, 21 that they may all be one; even as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be in us, so that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. 22 The glory which thou hast given me I have given to them, that they may be one even as we are one, 23 I in them and thou in me, that they may become perfectly one, so that the world may know that thou hast sent me and hast loved them even as thou hast loved me.

Is YOUR church obedient to Christ's wishes of becoming perfectly one with your fellow Christians? Do you go to the One Church that Christ created? Are you perfectly One with the Body of Christ. Do you believe that the bread and wine in your communion is actually the real body, blood, soul and divinity of Jesus Christ and when you consume the wine and bread you literally become ONE with Jesus Christ? Do you believe that when you consume the host that you actually take in Christ and Christ takes in you as you become one?

As we prepare a path for the coming of the Lord, think and pray about becoming one with Christ and Christ's Church, the Catholic Church.
How would the Eastern Orthodox Church respond to this?

For as well-intentioned as you seem to be, this sort of thread will most likely turn into a debate pitting Catholic against non-Catholic.

Old 12-13-2011, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by insightofitall View Post
How would the Eastern Orthodox Church respond to this?

For as well-intentioned as you seem to be, this sort of thread will most likely turn into a debate pitting Catholic against non-Catholic.
The Eastern Orthodox Church is as close as you can come. They have valid Apostolic Authority and therefore have a valid Eucharist. They can become one with Christ, but NOT one with fellow Christians. The Eastern Orthodox are several churches, not one. So are members of the Eastern Orthodox Churches PERFECTLY ONE? I regretfully say no.

A debate between Catholics and non-Catholics? What's wrong with that? I know some people think that's a bad idea, but I did not post this to convert people for I do not have that power. I am here only to plant a seed and let our loving God and the Holy Spirit do Their work. I just want people to think about it. That's all.

Old 12-13-2011, 09:29 AM

Quote:
The Eastern Orthodox Church is as close as you can come. They have valid Apostolic Authority and therefore have a valid Eucharist. They can become one with Christ, but NOT one with fellow Christians. The Eastern Orthodox are several churches, not one. So are members of the Eastern Orthodox Churches PERFECTLY ONE? I regretfully say no.

A debate between Catholics and non-Catholics? What's wrong with that? I know some people think that's a bad idea, but I did not post this to convert people for I do not have that power. I am here only to plant a seed and let our loving God and the Holy Spirit do Their work. I just want people to think about it. That's all.
Okay. Just sayin'........

I've seen these kinds of threads become heated. So hopefully that won't happen this time.

Old 12-13-2011, 10:12 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,660,046 times
Default We, believer's and doer's of the word of God ARE! the temple of God!...His church!

Quote:

Help me Jesus...

First of all, the Catholic Church is not Christ's Church any more than the Baptist...Methodist...Church of God...Luthern...or any other so called "church" is...none of them are the Church of God in Christ Jesus!

Now that we got that straight, let's learn together who God's Church truly is!...which are those who believe, and live, in the will of God in their lives!

Acts 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

1 Peter 2:9 But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.

Revelations 5:9 And they sang a new song: "You are worthy to take the scroll and to open its seals, because you were slain, and with your blood you purchased men for God from every tribe and language and people and nation.

Hebrews 12:23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,

Revelation 6:9 When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God and the testimony they had maintained.

1 Timothy 3:15 But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

1 Corinthians 3:16 Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit lives in you?

2 Corinthians 6:16 What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said: "I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people."

Galatians 2:9 James, Peter and John, those reputed to be pillars, gave me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship when they recognized the grace given to me. They agreed that we should go to the Gentiles, and they to the Jews.

Ephesians 2 :21 In him the whole building is joined together and rises to become a holy temple in the Lord.

1 Timothy 3:5 (If anyone does not know how to manage his own family, how can he take care of God's church?)

2 Timothy 2:19 Nevertheless, God's solid foundation stands firm, sealed with this inscription: "The Lord knows those who are his," and, "Everyone who confesses the name of the Lord must turn away from wickedness."

Hebrews 3:6 But Christ is faithful as a son over God's house. And we are his house, if we hold on to our courage and the hope of which we boast.

Hebrews 10:21 and since we have a great priest over the house of God,

>>>>>>> 1 Peter 2:5 you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. <<<<<<<

>>>>>>> 1 Corinthians 1:2 Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours: <<<<<<<

Romans 1:7 To all in Rome who are loved by God and called to be saints: Grace and peace to you from God our Father and from the Lord Jesus Christ.

Romans 8:28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose

...and on and on and on it is written throughout the entire Bible.

Now you know who the true church of God in Christ IS!

Old 12-13-2011, 10:14 AM

939 posts, read 1,024,978 times
There is one church. It's spread across many groups of Christians that all agree on the essentials. People in the the roman catholic church, ironically, may or may not be among them due to its apostate teachings on things like Soteriology. You guys would do well to study the book that was written to the church in Rome.

You guys place way too much emphasis on pedigree. Remember what Jesus said to the Pharisees that felt smug about being "children of Abraham"? You're not saved according to what group you belong to--it's what you do with Jesus.

Old 12-13-2011, 10:19 AM

I toooooooold you.

Old 12-13-2011, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoGeek View Post
There is one church. It's spread across many groups of Christians that all agree on the essentials. People in the the roman catholic church, ironically, may or may not be among them due to its apostate teachings on things like Soteriology. You guys would do well to study the book that was written to the church in Rome.

You guys place way too much emphasis on pedigree. Remember what Jesus said to the Pharisees that felt smug about being "children of Abraham"? You're not saved according to what group you belong to--it's what you do with Jesus.
There is no such ethereal church as you claim. This is a figment of your imagination. I suspect you cling to that concept because it makes you feel better about the total disarray in the protestant community on things as basic as justification. Your so called "church" is just rationalization of the issue you are willing to ignore. And that is, if you really seek the truth, you have to come to the conclusion that only one church is right. Now, clearly I think it's the Catholic Church or I wouldn't be posting this, but for the sake of argument, if not the Catholic Church, what church then? And please refrain from this fuzzy non-entity you call "the church". It is fiction. There is a church that Jesus created. A real and tangible Church. It's not 33,000 churches who don't agree with each other. That's why they exist as separate entities. Because they disagree with on another on not just peripheral items, but core essential salvation items.

Getting the truth from Christ's Church is paramount. So, which church?

Old 12-13-2011, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by insightofitall View Post
I toooooooold you.
I welcome it. That's the point of a forum.

Old 12-13-2011, 11:52 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,017,355 times
Quote:
There is no such ethereal church as you claim. This is a figment of your imagination. I suspect you cling to that concept because it makes you feel better about the total disarray in the protestant community on things as basic as justification. Your so called "church" is just rationalization of the issue you are willing to ignore. And that is, if you really seek the truth, you have to come to the conclusion that only one church is right. Now, clearly I think it's the Catholic Church or I wouldn't be posting this, but for the sake of argument, if not the Catholic Church, what church then? And please refrain from this fuzzy non-entity you call "the church". It is fiction. There is a church that Jesus created. A real and tangible Church. It's not 33,000 churches who don't agree with each other. That's why they exist as separate entities. Because they disagree with on another on not just peripheral items, but core essential salvation items.

Getting the truth from Christ's Church is paramount. So, which church?
I think there is an ethereal church. But I don't want to argue with you. I just wanted to note here that the front runner in the G.O.P. - the Newt is a Catholic. Interesting times we live in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity