U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2011, 11:46 AM

13,969 posts, read 12,886,172 times

Advertisements

I used to follow Marilyn Agee's website Bible Prophecy Corner faithfully when I was ear-deep into bible prophecy. Now I check back periodically just to see how Ed is doing.

Very sad news. Ed lost his battle with CHF.

Please pray for Marilyn as I'm sure she is badly shaken by this and not well herself. Of all the prophecy expounders out there she was and is the only one that I know of who practically gave her extensive knowledge away free and let the publishers make all the money off her bestselling books on the rapture, only to end up nearly poor as a church mouse, unlike a multitude of con men and hucksters out there who are peddling prophecy only as a ticket to fame and wealth. I have great respect for her integrity.

Below is an excerpt from her forum, Pro-Con on her website:

Quote:
I was very sick yesterday, probably caught something Ed picked up in the hospital, and can't see to drive today. I knew what to do for it and banished it in one day, but can't see well. I even needed help to do my grocery shopping; I couldn't read store signs or find out if a box had Splenda on it. Until now, I have been able to drive and do all my shopping, and I prayed to be able to see to drive until the Rapture. Tomorrow, my sight could get better, but I also have another thing that could be a sign. BTW, I can still see my computer ok.

Ed said he was going to die. We have counted on going up together in the Rapture for our 65 years together, and prayed that it would be so.

Ed is sleeping so much that it is hard to get him awake enough to eat and drink liquids, even to close his mouth and suck on a straw. Sometimes I spoon liquids into his mouth, and he will swallow, but that isn't getting a whole lot into him. Tonight he only ate part of a sandwich, but ate a Sugar-Free ice cream bar I fed him with a spoon. I got him apple pie he likes for tomorrow. We are not waiting for Sunday to enjoy some of our Christmas dinner.
What breaks my heart so badly is not only that she lost her beloved husband of some 65 years, but that as they got older and sicker in the last few years they became more and more desperate to be taken together in the rapture to take them together and now she must be crushed believing that God has refused to answer their prayers, not realizing that all along they were pinning their hopes on something that doesn't even exist.

I see very few if any posts on the rapture here these days. Thank God people are starting to wake up to the fact that the rapture is a man-made doctrine without a shred of truth or credibility. I only pray that others will not get trapped like Marilyn and Ed did looking up to the sky to be whisked into heaven and away from all their problems down here.

If anyone feels moved to send her a condolence her email is mjagee@verizon.net
Her website is Bible Prophecy Corner
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2011, 01:48 PM

488 posts, read 1,084,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
they were pinning their hopes on something that doesn't even exist.
it does exist and it will be obvious to you when you see that you are left......

Old 12-31-2011, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doesntspringtomind View Post
it does exist and it will be obvious to you when you see that you are left......
Then answer me this simple question, DSTM:

Mark 11:24, Matthew 21:22, and John 15:7 clearly have Jesus making a solemn promise to the believer that if they believe in their heart that they will be given something and pray for it, it will be done according to what they asked. If you know anything about Marilyn Agee from reading her books as I did, it is that she believed with all her heart that she and Ed would be taken in the rapture.

So what happened?

Either Jesus is a liar and His word is not to be believed

OR

Jesus was unable to deliver on something that is not real because the rapture is not real, proving that the rapture is a complete phony event.

Now which is it, Doesn't?

And if you dodge the question that's okay, because we already know the first choice is not right, leaving only the second as the truth.

The rapture is as phony as a three-dollar bill, or Jesus would have answered Marilyn and Ed's prayers and taken them together in the rapture.

Old 12-31-2011, 04:46 PM

Quote:

Mark 11:24, Matthew 21:22, and John 15:7 clearly have Jesus making a solemn promise to the believer that if they believe in their heart that they will be given something and pray for it, it will be done according to what they asked. If you know anything about Marilyn Agee from reading her books as I did, it is that she believed with all her heart that she and Ed would be taken in the rapture.

So what happened?

OR

Jesus was unable to deliver on something that is not real because the rapture is not real, proving that the rapture is a complete phony event.

And if you dodge the question that's okay, because we already know the first choice is not right, leaving only the second as the truth.

The rapture is as phony as a three-dollar bill, or Jesus would have answered Marilyn and Ed's prayers and taken them together in the rapture.

it doesn't work that way... in the garden of Gethsemane Jesus prayed to the Father saying O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me....... He wanted to find another way... we know Jesus sweat blood so He was definitely afraid of what was ahead but he also added.. nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.. So God's will was clear. to redeem mankind Jesus had to die on the cross.. Jesus said he could've prayed to the father asking for more than twelve legions of Angels (to be delivered from the hand of the Jews) but how then would the scriptures have been fulfilled that it had to be so..? Unfortunately Ed did not live to see the rapture but i wouldn't call it an unanswered prayer.. just as Jesus' prayer was not an unanswered prayer either... He will finally be part of the ressurection and be with his wife in heaven.. nothing is lost.. there will be people leaving this life one day before the rapture.. they'll be dead for one day and ressurected on the next day at the time of the rapture.. it's just that the time came when He had to finish this limited lifetime but the scriptures clearly say Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing. (2 Tim 4:8)

Old 01-01-2012, 09:52 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,166,326 times
Quote:

So what happened?

OR

It seems that people do not believe in the rapture/caught up because they take it literally. The rapture/caught up is not literal into the clouds and air of this earth but into the Glory clouds of Heaven and the pure spiritual air of Heaven. It will be the final resurrection Day.
ACTS 1:11 Which also said, You men of Galilee, why stand you gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as you have seen him go into heaven." Like manner does not mean the same.

Jesus never promised to any one in particular that they would remain until His coming again and in fact even He did not know the day or the hour but only the Father did. He said that if His words abide in an individual and he in Him then he could ask what he will and it shall be done. He said many things and each promise is based on understanding the word concerning that promise.

The word excludes knowing the day or the hour and no promise to any one that they would be one of those alive on that day. The resurrection however is instantaneous for all who die in the Lord for as He said "I am the ressurrection." We look forward in the time but those who have passed experiance no time but are already raptured/caught up into the presence of God in Paradise.

Old 01-02-2012, 12:22 AM

25,150 posts, read 11,684,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
It seems that people do not believe in the rapture/caught up because they take it literally. The rapture/caught up is not literal into the clouds and air of this earth but into the Glory clouds of Heaven and the pure spiritual air of Heaven. It will be the final resurrection Day.
ACTS 1:11 Which also said, You men of Galilee, why stand you gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as you have seen him go into heaven." Like manner does not mean the same.

Jesus never promised to any one in particular that they would remain until His coming again and in fact even He did not know the day or the hour but only the Father did. He said that if His words abide in an individual and he in Him then he could ask what he will and it shall be done. He said many things and each promise is based on understanding the word concerning that promise.

The word excludes knowing the day or the hour and no promise to any one that they would be one of those alive on that day. The resurrection however is instantaneous for all who die in the Lord for as He said "I am the ressurrection." We look forward in the time but those who have passed experiance no time but are already raptured/caught up into the presence of God in Paradise.
I tell you the truth; there are men who stand here who will not partake of death, until they behold the Kingdom of God. (Luke 9:27, Matthew 16:28, Mark 9:1)

Old 01-02-2012, 02:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doesntspringtomind View Post
it doesn't work that way... in the garden of Gethsemane Jesus prayed to the Father saying O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me....... He wanted to find another way... we know Jesus sweat blood so He was definitely afraid of what was ahead but he also added.. nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.. So God's will was clear. to redeem mankind Jesus had to die on the cross.. Jesus said he could've prayed to the father asking for more than twelve legions of Angels (to be delivered from the hand of the Jews) but how then would the scriptures have been fulfilled that it had to be so..? Unfortunately Ed did not live to see the rapture but i wouldn't call it an unanswered prayer.. just as Jesus' prayer was not an unanswered prayer either... He will finally be part of the ressurection and be with his wife in heaven.. nothing is lost.. there will be people leaving this life one day before the rapture.. they'll be dead for one day and ressurected on the next day at the time of the rapture.. it's just that the time came when He had to finish this limited lifetime but the scriptures clearly say Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing. (2 Tim 4:8)
Doesn't, you're comparing apples and oranges. Jesus knew from the moment He uttered, "Father, if it be possible..." that it was not possible for the cup to pass from Him. This had been planned from before the foundation of time and Jesus was part of the planning process and He knew very well the dire consequences for the entire human race if He didn't drink from the cup so how could He seriously believe that God the Father would even entertain His request. So you have Jesus full of self-doubt as exemplified by His own words, "If it be possible". Nobody who believes their prayer will be answered, as instructed by Jesus in the three passages of Matthew, Mark and John, starts off a prayer with, "If it is possible, Lord..."

Quote:
Unfortunately Ed did not live to see the rapture but i wouldn't call it an unanswered prayer..
Ed and Marilyn prayed for it or 65 years and believed they would be taken together; they weren't. What WOULD you call it, Doesn't, if not an unanswered prayer?

Old 01-02-2012, 03:58 AM

910 posts, read 1,161,388 times
Ed and Marilyn, may be good people, but they clearly have not been taught by the Holy Spirit , otherwise, HE would have revealed to them that Rapture was a false doctrine from the pit of Hell.

Let all believers and non believers alike practice love and righteousness as that is the only way to be caught up to God and to escape the catastrophee that would befall all of mankind. The Noah's ark of this time is the practice of love and righteousness.

Christ is not coming soon. Christ and God are already on earth. The kingdom of God is already established. The Holy spirit is already on the earth. All the wisdom of men are failing, hence we see the insurmountable problems affecting the whole world. we are already in the judgement time and I am yet to see anyone rapturing.

Old 01-02-2012, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Ed and Marilyn prayed for it or 65 years and believed they would be taken together; they weren't. What WOULD you call it, Doesn't, if not an unanswered prayer?
ok, they will eventually be taken together... Ed will ressurect at the time of the Rapture.. - The dead in Christ shall rise first - Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together. Rapture & Ressurection is a simultaneous event.. it's just that one is on the ressurection side and the other is on the rapture side.. the point is both the dead and those who lived to see Christ's coming for his church will be taken up to heaven together.. so it's still not an unanswered prayer. God will fulfill their request which is basically to take them up together.. that one is on the ressurection side and the other on the rapture side is simply down to the fact that Ed's time to finish this life came, and it was slightly sooner than the ressurection &rapture..

Old 01-02-2012, 04:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlbron View Post
Ed and Marilyn, may be good people, but they clearly have not been taught by the Holy Spirit , otherwise, HE would have revealed to them that Rapture was a false doctrine from the pit of Hell.

Let all believers and non believers alike practice love and righteousness as that is the only way to be caught up to God and to escape the catastrophee that would befall all of mankind. The Noah's ark of this time is the practice of love and righteousness.

Christ is not coming soon. Christ and God are already on earth. The kingdom of God is already established. The Holy spirit is already on the earth. All the wisdom of men are failing, hence we see the insurmountable problems affecting the whole world. we are already in the judgement time and I am yet to see anyone rapturing.
If the Kingdom of God was already established, There would be no terror, no violence.. the book of revelation clearly says in the kingdom of God which is yet to be established at the second coming of Christ there will be no pain, no wailing, no sorrow, no death and so forth.. what we see on earth now is anything but the Kingdom of God, and as we step into the final 1260-days - the Great Tribulation - it will become worse... sheer horror. and another important remark why the Kingdom of God is certainly yet to be established, if it were already established, there would be no judgment upon the earth.. Why would God judge his kingdom in which the Lamb (Jesus Christ) will be our pastor, He will lead us and We will follow Him.. Compare Revelation 21-22 with what we see here on earth and it stands out a mile that as of yet the milennial kingdom has not been established. Without believing Jesus returns to Earth to establish that kingdom, the book of revelation has no meaning.. this is actually the most essential event to anticipate. without believing it I don't know..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity