Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2012, 01:48 PM

1,393 posts, read 1,751,702 times

Advertisements

Greeting

In John 15: 26 - 27, that Jesus said that He will send a Helper a Comforter, How! Do you know? This person and can you know the different, How will I know? Will He say I am from Christ, how well testify Himself.

Last edited by TheWordIsOne; 01-14-2012 at 01:49 PM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2012, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWordIsOne View Post
Greeting

In John 15: 26 - 27, that Jesus said that He will send a Helper a Comforter, How! Do you know? This person and can you know the different, How will I know? Will He say I am from Christ, how well testify Himself.
So far 12 people see my post by no anwer

Old 01-14-2012, 04:27 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,008,103 times
When you want Holy Spirit in your life and if there are believers in your church who have a witness of the power and have evidence of Holy Spirit , Then you will also have a good chance of receiving Holy Spirit in your life ...... If there is no one in your church who has a current witness of Jesus Holy Spirit in your church , then you are going to have to leave the church and find a church who has blessing of Jesus Holy Spirit and go to church there .... See there are many church who speak against Holy spirit and His works and the Lord will not cross tolerances against the churches belief , and Holy Spirit can be absent in churches were there is strong legalism and rationalism and indifferences against the blessing of Jesus which Holy Spirit delivers ....... Jesus says repent and be baptized , so as Jesus see that you obey and then you need to pray for the baptism of Holy Spirit ....You should get people who have the Holy Spirit lay hands of you , so you will receive the baptism .... Holy Spirit will teach you to resist sin and help you love the Lord and encourage you faith in the Lord and will even work with you in the gifts that He will do as Jesus calls gifts on your spirit....

Old 01-14-2012, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
When you want Holy Spirit in your life and if there are believers in your church who have a witness of the power and have evidence of Holy Spirit , Then you will also have a good chance of receiving Holy Spirit in your life ...... If there is no one in your church who has a current witness of Jesus Holy Spirit in your church , then you are going to have to leave the church and find a church who has blessing of Jesus Holy Spirit and go to church there .... See there are many church who speak against Holy spirit and His works and the Lord will not cross tolerances against the churches belief , and Holy Spirit can be absent in churches were there is strong legalism and rationalism and indifferences against the blessing of Jesus which Holy Spirit delivers ....... Jesus says repent and be baptized , so as Jesus see that you obey and then you need to pray for the baptism of Holy Spirit ....You should get people who have the Holy Spirit lay hands of you , so you will receive the baptism .... Holy Spirit will teach you to resist sin and help you love the Lord and encourage you faith in the Lord and will even work with you in the gifts that He will do as Jesus calls gifts on your spirit....
I have been in 11 different churchs and ask , they no idea, you have more understanding then they do If I go to a pastor and just send me away. Anyway something come to me and I don't understand.

Old 01-14-2012, 07:44 PM

33,221 posts, read 26,417,924 times
Quote:
Greeting

Quote:
I have been in 11 different churchs and ask , they no idea, you have more understanding then they do If I go to a pastor and just send me away. Anyway something come to me and I don't understand.
The Holy Spirit is God. He is the Third Person of the triune God who though One in essence - nature - substance, is Three in Persons.

Prior to the Day of Pentecost mentioned in Acts 2:1 which began the dispensation of the Church, God the Holy Spirit did not indwell any believer, although He did endue certain people for specific purposes. But that enduement could be lost which is why the Psalmist in Psalms 51:11 prayed 'And do not take Thy Holy Spirit away from me.'

But in the Church-age, the indwelling of the Holy Spirit which Jesus promised in John 15:26 and John 16:5-15 is permanent and universal among believers. Every church-age believer is permanently indwelt by the Holy Spirit who indwells for the purpose of making the believer's body a temple for the indwelling of Jesus Christ as the Shekinah glory. 1 Corinthians 6:19 'Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own?

The indwelling of the Holy Spirit is also the basis for another of the Holy Spirit's ministries - the filling of the Holy Spirit which is the power in the believer's spiritual life. Unlike the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, the filling of the Spirit is lost through sin and restored when you simply name your known sins to God as per 1 John 1:9 'If we confess (name, cite, identify) our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness (unknown sins, or forgotten sins). It is because the filling of the Spirit can be lost through sin, but again, not the indwelling of the Spirit, that the believer is commanded to be filled with the Spirit (Eph 5:18). And to not grieve the Spirit (Eph 4:30) And to not quench the Spirit (1 Thess 5:19). Gal 5:16 'But I say, walk by the Spirit and you will not carry out the desire of the flesh.'

Although the coming of the Holy Spirit on the day of Pentecost with the resultant indwelling and filling of the Holy Spirit was accompanied by speaking in tongues, that is not the norm for the church. The filling of the Holy Spirit is not something which is felt or experienced. The moment a person believes in Christ he is simply indwelt and filled with the Holy Spirit.

The Holy Spirit does not testify or speak of Himself or on His own initiative. But rather, as John 16:13 says, ''But when He the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come. 14] ''He shall glorify Me; for He shall take of Mine, and shall disclose it to you. 15] ''All things that the Father has are Mine; therefore I said, that He takes of Mine, and will disclose it to you.''

The baptism of the Holy Spirit is yet another ministry of the Holy Spirit and contrary to what the other poster said, you do not need to pray for it or have anyone lay hands on you. The baptism of the Holy Spirit is automatic at the moment of faith in Christ. There were a few exceptions to this at the beginning of the church-age, but again, the norm in the church-age is that the believer is baptised by the Holy Spirit at the moment of faith alone in Christ alone. The baptism of the Holy Spirit enters the church-age believer into union with Christ and into the body of Christ which is the church. 1 Cor 12:13 'For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free, and we were all made to drink of one Spirit.

Last edited by Michael Way; 01-14-2012 at 07:56 PM..

Old 01-14-2012, 08:10 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,824,183 times
Quote:
Greeting

The grammar of the question makes it a little difficult to understand, but, it appears you are asking: "How does one know they have received the Holy Spirit?"

I think Mike555 did a pretty good job of identifying the person of the Holy Spirit or "WHO" (not 'what' is the Holy Spirit). When a person truly trusts their heart and life to Jesus Christ, they are "born again" in the Holy Spirit.

Beyond the promise of scripture, one of the first things that begins to change within a 'born again' believer is that the 'fruit of the Holy Spirit' (Gal 5:22) begins to manifest itself IN THEM ... and they begin to realize that they are being changed from within (Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Humility, Self-Control). These are not the natural manifestation of these things, but, the spiritually empowered work of the Spirit:

Love: Sacrificial, empathy, compassion (agape love)
Joy: Lasting, in spite of circumstances (not simply temporary happiness)
Peace: The peace of God that passes all understanding (where once there was confusion and anxiety)
Patience: "Wait upon the Lord", "Be still and know that I am God"
Gentleness: Sensitive to others; willing to think of others first
Goodness: Desire for the things of God; Seeking God's Holiness
Faith: Knowing what one knows ... beyond what one sensually discernes
Humility: In contrast to God's Awesome Holiness (not false self abasement)
Self-Control: Trusting and depending on God, not on my own fleshly ability to change myself.

The Holy Spirit also brings an understanding of the things of God. New believers, for example, will begin to see scripture in a new light. Where they once scratched their head in confusion over scripture, they suddenly begin to see clarity and truth ... that they never saw before.

There are many other evidences of the Indwelling Holy Spirit that result in greater communication with God, Spiritual Growth in one's relationship with God (aka: Spiritual Maturity).

Perhaps you are not seeing the Spirit because you aren't certain what to look for ... or perhaps, you haven't been 'born again' in the Spirit. Make sure you are giving God your heart and being ... not just your religion.

Old 01-14-2012, 08:42 PM

461 posts, read 480,542 times
Jesus also said "Elijah truly comes first and He will restore everything.

"When he comes, the Spirit of truth, he will guide you to all truth. He will not speak on his own, but he will speak what he hears, and will declare to you the things that are coming.
He will glorify me, because he will take from what is mine and declare it to you"

Those scriptures are fulfilled in me. If you read all my posts you may get an idea of what I mean. Here is an example of what is to come.

Quote:
It is written in Psalms;

1:5 The wicked will not stand in judgment, nor sinners in the company of the just; 6 for the Lord watches over the way of the just, but the way of the wicked will perish.

2:7 I will proclaim the decree of the Lord: He said to me, "You are my son; today I have begotten you. 8 Ask of me, and I will make the nations your heritage, and the ends of the earth your possession. 9 You shall break them with a rod of iron, and dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel." 10 Now therefore, O kings, be wise; be warned, O rulers of the earth. 11 Serve the Lord with fear, and rejoice before Him.

4:5 Offer just sacrifice, and trust in the Lord.

11:7 For the Lord is just; he loves just works; the upright shall behold his face.
17:15 As for me, I shall behold your face in righteousness; I shall be content in your presence.

19:7 The law of the Lord is perfect, reviving the soul; the decrees of the Lord are trustworthy, making wise the simple8 The precepts of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart; the commandment of the Lord is clear, enlightening the eyes; 9 the fear of the Lord is pure, enduring forever; the ordinances of the Lord are true all of them just.

24:3 Who can climb the mountain of the Lord? Who may stand in his holy place? 4 He whose hands are sinless, and whose heart is clean.

25:12 When a man fears the Lord, He will teach him the way he should choose. 13 He will abide in prosperity, and his descendants shall inherit the land. 14 The friendship of the Lord is with those who fear him, and he makes his covenant known to them.

28:8 The Lord is the strength of his people; the saving refuge of his anointed.

33:4 For the word of the Lord is upright, and all his works are truthful. 5 He loves justice and right;
Those are the words of the Lord who sent me. I came to do His will not my own. Whoever chooses to do his will shall know about this teaching namely, whether it comes from God or whether I‘m speaking on my own.
Whoever speaks on his own seeks his own glory, but whoever seeks the glory of the one who sent him is truthful, and there is no dishonesty in his heart.
Stop judging or, judge justly.
Yet I did not come on my own, the one who is true sent me, Him you do not know. I know him, because I come from him, he’s the One who sent me.
(JN)

Jesus sent me. Anyone who drinks the water I give him will never become thirsty the water I give him shall be like a well inside him rising up to provide eternal life.
JN)

Old 01-21-2012, 07:16 AM

1,867 posts, read 1,524,167 times
Default Clarification Talk

God is the Holy Spirit------John 4:24.

The Holy Spirit is also the bible says Jesus----John 6:63

Clarification of this is in John 1:1 and John 1:14.

Word made flesh talking about Jesus being God and the bible talkiing.

Jesus is the only one talking to himself being God-----Psalms 110:1.

Jesus is the way to the Father cause he is the Father---John 14:9.

Jesus answers to nobody higher in authority then himself----Hebrews 7:3.

Anybody hearing God hear his bible word to hear the
Holy Spirit talking all the time----Romans 10:17.

Other hearing spirits are delusional usually-----Jeremiah 10:23.

God does deal with Christians in dreams and visions at occasional
times perhaps---Acts 2:17.

If the dream or vision come to pass it's of God-----John 8:32.

The Holy Spirit is not tongues but rather all the bible
talking----John 6:63.

Tongues a gift of the Holy Spirit only it's not the Holy Spirit
itself unto repentance-----Romans 11:29.

The real Holy Spirit church messing with all the bible---2 Tim. 3:16.

The real Holy Spirit church 100% bible believers----John 8:31

Did I say 100% bible believers ? Matthew 5:18-20 and Matthew 4:4.

Did I mean 100% bible believers ? Luke 4:4

Counterfeit Holy Spirit churches saying the power is in the cross but not in repentance with water baptism---John 3:5

Saying the power is in tongues but not tongue rules for the
church-----ALL of 1 Cor. 14

Saying the power is in the 10 commandments but not the Sabbath
today-----Hebrews 4.

Saying the power is in putting the beer bottle down but not women rules
in the church today----1 Timothy 2 and 1 Cor. 14:34-35

Saying the power is in atonement confession and not conditional grace
with anything else----John 8:31.

Saying the power is in a family restored back together but you can marry all kind of people divorced and still be a power giant in
God----Mark 10:11-12.

Saying the power is in winning all kind of people as a politician but a powerless gospel against Chrisitan segregation is believed and
preached----2 Cor. 6 and Matthew 7:6 and John 17:21 and Amos 3:3.

Saying the power is in the birth, death and resurrection of Christ and not all the bible to have this power---2 Timothy 3:16.

Saying the power is in the wisdom of man and not the wisdom of God the whole time----John 5:39 and Jeremiah 10:23 and Psalms 119:105 and
Isaiah 64:6 and 1 Cor. 8:2 and 1 Cor. 1:25.

Saying the power of the Holy Spirit is just a clean heart and not an outward sign of holiness too-----1 Peter 3:3 and 1 Timothy 2.

Saying the power of the Holy Spirit are in people smarter then God editing the bible today when all the power is written in the bible the whole
time---1 John 2:27 and John 14:26 and Psalms 8:4 and Psalms 1.

Quote:
Greeting

Old 01-21-2012, 07:37 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,336,151 times
Quote:
Greeting

You must study the Nicene Creed and its origin. This was a question by the early Christians that was more or less solved in the 4th century.

We believe in one God,the Father, the Almightymaker of heaven and earth,of all that is, seen and unseen. We believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ,the only Son of God,eternally begotten of the Father,God from God, Light from Light,true God from true God,begotten, not made,of one Being with the Father. We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of Life,who proceeds from the Father and the Son.With the Father and the Son he is worshiped and glorified.He has spoken through the Prophets.

Old 01-21-2012, 03:52 PM

Post Prophet of Christ

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
You must study the Nicene Creed and its origin. This was a question by the early Christians that was more or less solved in the 4th century.

We believe in one God,the Father, the Almightymaker of heaven and earth,of all that is, seen and unseen. We believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ,the only Son of God,eternally begotten of the Father,God from God, Light from Light,true God from true God,begotten, not made,of one Being with the Father. We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of Life,who proceeds from the Father and the Son.With the Father and the Son he is worshiped and glorified.He has spoken through the Prophets.

So where is a true Prophet today? or they call witness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity