Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2012, 09:32 AM

Location: bible center, Islampur, MSD, W.B. India, pin code-742304
65 posts, read 65,518 times

Advertisements

Among many evils done by me, one such in my childhood pains my mind often. Then our clan was uprooted by rioting Muslims of Bangladesh. Father getting a teaching job was saved, but my uncle was not. He scarcely survived. His eldest son Asoke was placed in our house for education. I should have consoled homesick him. But I was a most envious urchin. I often persecuted bringing helpless him to tears. For this he departed without getting education.
Latter I went to the brink of madness and Jesus saved me. So now I obey him in serving-preaching among our enemy Muslims for 25 years. But here also my deeply embedded pride makes me unproductive. This and the memory of my past sins often haunt me. As many of those who suffered from me have died I can’t seek forgiveness from them, though many of them might have forgiven me. Still I must repent to get that forgiveness. So this confession is for my peace of mind.
I beseech Jesus, who can reach everyone in everyplace, to undo the harm I had done and am still doing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2012, 01:49 PM

33,230 posts, read 26,440,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen santanu goswami View Post
Among many evils done by me, one such in my childhood pains my mind often. Then our clan was uprooted by rioting Muslims of Bangladesh. Father getting a teaching job was saved, but my uncle was not. He scarcely survived. His eldest son Asoke was placed in our house for education. I should have consoled homesick him. But I was a most envious urchin. I often persecuted bringing helpless him to tears. For this he departed without getting education.
Latter I went to the brink of madness and Jesus saved me. So now I obey him in serving-preaching among our enemy Muslims for 25 years. But here also my deeply embedded pride makes me unproductive. This and the memory of my past sins often haunt me. As many of those who suffered from me have died I can’t seek forgiveness from them, though many of them might have forgiven me. Still I must repent to get that forgiveness. So this confession is for my peace of mind.
I beseech Jesus, who can reach everyone in everyplace, to undo the harm I had done and am still doing.
Stephen, any sins commited as an unbeliever are forgiven the very moment you believe in Christ for salvation. Any sins commited as a believer are forgiven the moment you simply name the sin to God as per 1 John 1:9 'If we confess (name, cite, acknowledge) our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

This is because all sins you ever committed or ever will commit were already judged at the cross (Romans 8:3).

Therefore, the moment you believe in Christ your sins committed as an unbeliever are forgiven.

Acts 10:43 "Of Him all the prophets bear witness that through His name everyone who believes in Him receives forgiveness of sins."

Acts 13:38 "Therefore let it be known to you, brethren, that through Him forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you'',

Acts 26:18 'to open their eyes so that they may turn from darkness to light and from the dominion of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who have been sanctified by faith in Me.'

The moment you simply name your sins you commit as a believer to God as per 1 John 1:9 God forgives those sins based on the fact that they were previously judged at the cross. He forgets the sin, and so are you to forget it.

You are not forgiven by doing any form of penance. Simply name it and forget it.

When David sinned - he committed murder and adultery, he said to God ''Against You, You only, I have sinned And done what is evil in Your sight, So that You are justified when You speak And blameless when You judge.'' (Psalm 51:4).

No one has the right to continue to feel guilty for sins which God has already forgiven. You are to forget those things which lie behind.

Philippians 3:13 ''Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet (spiritual maturity); but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead,''

What are those things which are behind? SINS! As soon as you confess a sin to God the Father you are commanded to forget it and move on. 'Forgetting' denotes both forgetting and disregarding. This can only be accomplished by believing 1 John 1:9 and understanding the principle of 1 John 1:7 ''...the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin. The blood of Jesus Christ refers to His spiritual death on the cross. The work of the ''blood'' or His spiritual death is twofold: judicial cleansing at the moment of salvation through faith in Christ, and experiential cleansing of the carnal believer after salvation at the point of naming his sin to God as per 1 John 1:9.

Since your sins prior to salvation are forgiven at the moment of salvation, and your sins as a believer are forgiven when you simply name them to God, what right do you have to continue to feel guilty about them? To worry about your past sins or feel guilty about them is to perpetuate carnality by mental attitude sins.

Whatever sins you committed as an unbeliever have been forgiven, so forget them. Having as a believer named your known sins to God they are forgiven, so forget them and move on with your spiritual life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity