Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2012, 04:56 PM

14,882 posts, read 17,160,264 times

Advertisements

1 Cor. 8:4

"4 Therefore concerning the eating of things sacrificed to idols, we know that [b]there is no such thing as an idol in the world, and that there is no God but one. 5 For even if there are so-called gods whether in heaven or on earth, as indeed there are many gods and many lords, 6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom are all things and we exist for Him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we exist through Him..." (NAS)

4Concerning the eating then of the things sacrificed to idols, we have known that an idol [is] nothing in the world, and that there is no other God except one;
5for even if there are those called gods, whether in heaven, whether upon earth -- as there are gods many and lords many -- 6yet to us [is] one God, the Father, of whom [are] the all things, and we to Him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom [are] the all things, and we through Him; (Young's Literal)

John 10:36

34Jesus answered them, `Is it not having been written in your law: I said, ye are gods?

35if them he did call gods unto whom the word of God came, (and the Writing is not able to be broken,) 36of him whom the Father did sanctify, and send to the world, do ye say -- Thou speakest evil, because I said, Son of God I am?

Believers should know better. The doctrine of the Trinity is adding something that is not there.

God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 02-03-2012 at 05:06 PM..

Old 02-03-2012, 05:03 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post

"4 Therefore concerning the eating of things sacrificed to idols, we know that [b]there is no such thing as an idol in the world, and that there is no God but one. 5 For even if there are so-called gods whether in heaven or on earth, as indeed there are many gods and many lords, 6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom are all things and we exist for Him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we exist through Him..." (NAS)

Believers should know. The doctrine of the Trinity is adding something that is not there.

God bless.
I agree, it was the Life in the Son that was God.

Old 02-03-2012, 05:38 PM

1 Corinthians 11:3 (English-NIV)
Now I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God.

1 Corinthians 3:22-23 (English-NIV)
22 whether Paul or Apollos or Cephas {That is, Peter} or the world or life or death or the present or the future all are yours,
23 and you are of Christ, and Christ is of God...

John 15:1-2 (English-NIV)
1 "I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener.
2 He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit He prunes so that it will be even more fruitful.

Who is the source of the vine? Who is the vine dependent on just at the branches are dependent on the vine?

2 Samuel 22:47 (English-KJV)
The LORD liveth; and blessed be My rock; and exalted be the God of the rock of my salvation.

Jesus the Rock, has a God.

John 20:17 (English-NIV)
Jesus said, Do not hold on to Me, for I have not yet returned to the Father. Go instead to My brothers and tell them,
`I am returning to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.

Our Lord and Savior has a God. What is the opposition to these words that He states? If He has a God, then He is not supreme. He always directs us to His Father....He came to reveal Him... The Father has no God, no one above Him.

God bless

Old 02-03-2012, 05:44 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,541,910 times
[quote=ShanaBrown;22836886]Are you disagreeing with the scriptures, Saved33?

"During His ministry, Jesus consistently directed praise for what He did to His Father God. Jesus plainly said He could do nothing on His own. All that He did He did because God the Father enabled Him."

That is exactly why Jesus was always God in the flesh, because He denied the flesh [self driven by mere human spirit] any evil and retained the fullness of God in human flesh. God unlimited in Spirit but limited to what He could do in a body as in one place at one time. God the Father as Spirit was only greater because He was not limited by time and space as He was in the form of a Son. When people spoke to Jesus they were speaking to God and His answer back to them and all He did was God.

Old 02-03-2012, 06:00 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,493,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
That is a wonderful example of selective use of scripture that has nothing to do with the issue of "the trinity"

1Jn 4:2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

I confess that Jesus Christ came in the flesh. That belief and being in the spirit of God has nothing to do with the belief in the man invented doctrine that attempts to define God as a "trinity".
You really must want to be deliberatly obstinate......... the point about 1 John 4:6 is that the God spoke to the disciples. These same disciples in various letters have said that the Father is God, the Son is God and the Holy Spirit is God.

Because you and others refuse to listen to all of what the disciples said... then it's is clear " whoever is not from God does not listen to us"

Those who do not listen to all of the Bible, Jesus says such people are ultimatly not listening to God. Such poeple Jesus says are children of the devil. John 8:42-43

Since one can learn that God is infact Triune by compilation of expanded revelations from God, then to continually to obstruct that as you and Shana and others are doing does only but one thing:
"This is how we recognize the Spirit of truth and the spirit of falsehood." 1 John 4:6
Those who believe that God is Triune, that Jesus is God have the spirit of truth and are from God. 1 John 4:6

Old 02-03-2012, 06:10 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,697,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Nor your obstinate refusal to believe the truth is your's.
  • 1 John 4:6
    We are from God, and whoever knows God listens to us; but whoever is not from God does not listen to us. This is how we recognize the Spiritof truth and the spirit of falsehood.
Those from God listens when the writers of the Bible say that:

The Father is God
The Son is God
The Holy Spirit is God

All three are the same God, but not all three are the same person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
You really must want to be deliberatly obstinate......... the point about 1 John 4:6 is that the God spoke to the disciples. These same disciples in various letters have said that the Father is God, the Son is God and the Holy Spirit is God.

Because you and others refuse to listen to all of what the disciples said... then it's is clear " whoever is not from God does not listen to us"

Those who do not listen to all of the Bible, Jesus says such people are ultimatly not listening to God. Such people Jesus says are children of the devil. John 8:42-43

Since one can learn that God is infact Triune by compilation of expanded revelations from God, then to continually to obstruct that as you and Shana and others are doing does only but one thing:
"This is how we recognize the Spirit of truth and the spirit of falsehood." 1 John 4:6
Those who believe that God is Triune, that Jesus is God have the spirit of truth and are from God. 1 John 4:6
Amen..... Twin !!
God's word does not lie....
Moderator cut: delete

Quote:
Originally Posted by saved33 View Post
Wrong.

Jesus IS God.

...you [Jesus] are my Lord and My God. John 20:28

Simon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who through the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ have received a faith as precious as ours: (2 Peter 1:1)

1 Timothy 2:5: For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

New Living Translation of 1 Timothy 2:5:
For there is only one God and one Mediator who can reconcile God and humanity--the man Christ Jesus.

Jesus IS God.
Amen... saved33 !!

Last edited by Miss Blue; 02-03-2012 at 07:40 PM.. Reason: off topic and bashing other Christians via your words and posted scripture :(

Old 02-03-2012, 06:14 PM

Hi Garya123? Where is this is the scriptures? Jesus did not say that He was limited but that He could do nothing of Himself and that He could do nothing of His own initiative. God bless.

Old 02-03-2012, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Since one can learn that God is infact Triune by compilation of expanded revelations from God,
No can do, Twin.spin. It is not there. God bless.

Old 02-03-2012, 06:29 PM

Continuing on

John 6:46 (English-NIV)
No one has seen the Father except the One who is from God; only He has seen the Father.

John 1:18 (English-KJV)
No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, He hath declared Him.

John 5:37 (English-NIV)
And the Father who sent Me has himself testified concerning Me.
You have never heard His voice nor seen His form.

The Son reflects the Father, but is not the source.
1 Corinthians 8:5-6 (English-NIV)
5 For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as indeed there are many "gods" and many "lords"),
6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

James 2:19 (English-NIV)
You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that and shudder.

John 17:3 (English-NIV)
Now this is eternal* life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom You have sent

eternal=aionios

Jesus has told us who the Only True God is. It is not about a Trinity. It is about worshipping the One and Only True God and Jesus Christ, His Son, whom He sent. The Son reflects the Father, came to show us the Father, is the exact image of the Father, is in the form of God, and directs us to the Father. Jesus is the channel and the Father is the source of all.

4Concerning the eating then of the things sacrificed to idols, we have known that an idol [is] nothing in the world, and that there is no other God except one;
5for even if there are those called gods, whether in heaven, whether upon earth -- as there are gods many and lords many -- 6yet to us [is] one God, the Father, of whom [are] the all things, and we to Him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom [are] the all things, and we through Him; (Young's Literal)

John 10:36

34Jesus answered them, `Is it not having been written in your law: I said, ye are gods?

35if them he did call gods unto whom the word of God came, (and the Writing is not able to be broken,) 36of him whom the Father did sanctify, and send to the world, do ye say -- Thou speakest evil, because I said, Son of God I am?

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 02-03-2012 at 07:41 PM..

Old 02-03-2012, 06:41 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,493,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
1 Corinthians 11:3 (English-NIV)
Now I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God.

1 Corinthians 3:22-23 (English-NIV)
22 whether Paul or Apollos or Cephas {That is, Peter} or the world or life or death or the present or the future all are yours,
23 and you are of Christ, and Christ is of God...

John 15:1-2 (English-NIV)
1 "I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener.
2 He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit He prunes so that it will be even more fruitful.

Who is the source of the vine? Who is the vine dependent on just at the branches are dependent on the vine?

2 Samuel 22:47 (English-KJV)
The LORD liveth; and blessed be My rock; and exalted be the God of the rock of my salvation.

Jesus the Rock, has a God.

John 20:17 (English-NIV)
Jesus said, Do not hold on to Me, for I have not yet returned to the Father. Go instead to My brothers and tell them,
`I am returning to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.

Our Lord and Savior has a God. What is the opposition to these words that He states? If He has a God, then He is not supreme. He always directs us to His Father....He came to reveal Him... The Father has no God, no one above Him.

God bless
1 John 4:6
We are from God, and whoever knows God listens to us; but whoever is not from God does not listen to us.

You're constantly not listening.

Jesus proved that he was God ....

he claimed he was going to raise himself from the dead
  • ... and he did
Jesus knew the thoughts in heart and motives ... God only can do this
  • 1 Chronicles 28:9
    for the LORD (capital LORD is Jehovah) searches every heart and understands every motive behind the thoughts
Jesus calmed the storm Matthew 8:26 ... God only has power over the weather
  • Psalm 148:8
    Praise the LORD (capital LORD is Jehovah) from the earth, ...lightning and hail, snow and clouds, stormy winds that do his bidding,
he preformed miracles without envolking LORD's name... no reason to envolve the LORD's name when he is LORD.
  • the OT prophets envolked LORD's name when doing miracles
  • the NT disciples envolked Jesus' name when doing miracles
1 Corinthians 11:3 ....

if you're going to use 1 Corinthians 11:3 to argue that Jesus less superior than God.......
  • so you're admitting that you also think men are superior to women .... "and the head of the woman is man"
1 Corinthians 11:3
Now I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, andthe head of Christ is God.

Last edited by twin.spin; 02-03-2012 at 06:44 PM.. Reason: spacing problems
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity