Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2012, 10:46 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I agree, it was the Life in the Son that was God.
Very profound, P.Camps!

Old 02-05-2012, 10:55 AM

14,882 posts, read 17,160,264 times
John 20:17 Jesus *said to her, “Stop clinging to Me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, ‘I ascend to My Father and your Father, and My God and your God.’ (NAS)

It is very clear to me. The Father is the Supreme, Only True God. He is God of all, including God of His Son. His Son holds the title of God given to Him by the Father, and reveals the True God to us. This is why He came, to show us who the Only True God is. He is His exact image and acts on His behalf. He was given all authority in heaven and on earth. In all of His glory and authority, the Son is still subservient to the Only True God, His Father. He states that He has a God. The Only True God, the Father, the invisible God, has no God. One precedes the other and one serves the other. One has come forth from the other and submits to the other.

Father>Son>children, believers, creation

This has been a very fascinating study for me. Thanks and God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 02-05-2012 at 11:12 AM..

Old 02-05-2012, 11:04 AM

33,230 posts, read 26,447,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
...and I want readers to notice how Shanna is proclaiming the truth of the gospel of Jesus Christ concerning Two Yahweh's...One being God the Father, Whom NO ONE has EVER seen nor heard speak...and One being God the Son, WHOM, whenever the LORD spoke, or was seen, it was Him.
All three Persons of the trinity are called Yahweh or Jehovah. But they are one God. The same God.

Three Persons who are One God with One nature, One essence.

Isaiah 45:21"Declare and set forth your case; Indeed, let them consult together. Who has announced this from of old? Who has long since declared it? Is it not I, the LORD (Yahweh)? And there is no other God besides Me, A righteous God and a Savior; There is none except Me.

22] "Turn to Me and be saved, all the ends of the earth; For I am God, and there is no other. (There is only one true God).

23] "I have sworn by Myself, The word has gone forth from My mouth in righteousness And will not turn back, That to Me every knee will bow, every tongue will swear allegiance. (Said by Yahweh)

Phil 2:10 so that at the name of Jesus EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth,(Said of Jesus who is Yehweh just as the Father is, but who are two different Persons of the trinity. And as Isaiah 45:21 says, 'there is none except Me. And in verse 22, For I am God, and there is no other).

Isaiah 45:5 "I am the LORD (Yehweh), and there is no other; Besides Me there is no God (Elohim - Plural. Yet one God) I will gird you, though you have not known Me;

There is but one True God, yet both the Father and Jesus Christ are called Yehwah.

The Holy Spirit is also called Yehwah. Isaiah 11:2 The Spirit of the LORD (Yehwah) will rest on Him, The spirit of wisdom and understanding, The spirit of counsel and strength, The spirit of knowledge and the fear of the LORD.'

The title Spirit of the Lord (Yahweh) is one of many titles by which the Holy Spirit is called in the Bible. And that the Holy Spirit is a Person and not an impersonal force or attribute of God is plainly seen in John 16:13-15 where He speaks what He is given to speak.

All three Persons of the triune God (Elohim) are called Yahweh, and yet there is only one True God. And both the Father and Jesus Christ are identified in 1 John 5:20 as the true God.

Rather then denying the trinity, the fact that all three Persons of the Godhead are called Yehweh or Jehovah, but yet God declares Himself to be the only True God, confirms the trinity.

Old 02-05-2012, 11:15 AM

33,230 posts, read 26,447,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdaelectro View Post
You have a lot of patience friend. You keep proclaiming the truth and they just won't listen.
I had intended to leave this thread, having said enough to show that Jesus Christ is God in the truest sense, but these continued attacks being leveled against the deity of Christ prompted me to come back. But it is true that those who oppose the truth of Christ's equality with the Father will not listen.

The fact that Jesus Christ is God, and that God is a triunity of three Persons united as One by their essence or nature, is so clear that those who oppose this truth despite having had it explained to them, do so out of deliberate intent rather than mere misunderstanding.

Old 02-05-2012, 11:25 AM

14,882 posts, read 17,160,264 times
Well, the main reason I was on here was to demonstrate that it is not a Triune God who saves. One does not have to believe in a Triune God to be saved. All believers/Christians do not believe in a Triune God. The Triune God doctrine is not supported in the scriptures and is not a matter of one's salvation. Jesus has told us who He is and who the Only True God is. God bless.

1 John 1:
1 What was from the beginning, what we have heard, what we have seen with our eyes, what we have looked at and touched with our hands, concerning the Word of Life— 2 and the life was manifested, and we have seen and testify and proclaim to you the *eternal life, which was with the Father and was manifested to us— 3 what we have seen and heard we proclaim to you also, so that you too may have fellowship with us; and indeed our fellowship is with the Father, and with His Son Jesus Christ. 4 These things we write, so that our joy may be made complete.

eternal=aionios

1 John 4
1 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. 2 By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God; 3 and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God; this is the spirit of the antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming, and now it is already in the world. 4 You are from God, little children, and have overcome them; because greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world. 5 They are from the world; therefore they speak as from the world, and the world listens to them. 6 We are from God; he who knows God listens to us; he who is not from God does not listen to us. By this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error.

7 Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God; and everyone who loves is [a]born of God and knows God. 8 The one who does not love does not know God, for God is love. 9 By this the love of God was manifested [b]in us, that God has sent His [c]only begotten Son into the world so that we might live through Him. 10 In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. 11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 12 No one has seen God at any time; if we love one another, God abides in us, and His love is perfected in us. 13 By this we know that we abide in Him and He in us, because He has given us of His Spirit. 14 We have seen and testify that the Father has sent the Son to be the Savior of the world.

15 Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God. 16 We have come to know and have believed the love which God has [d]for us. God is love, and the one who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him.

1 John 5
1 Whoever believes that Jesus is the [a]Christ is [b]born of God, and whoever loves the [c]Father loves the child [d]born of Him. (NAS)

Posted by Phazelwood

Quote:
Let people not be deceived, some people teach that you cannot be saved unless you embrace the doctrine of the trinity. To them believing in the God and Jesus Christ spoken of in the scriptures is not enough, you have to agree to the doctrinal attempt to describe Gods nature as well. None of those assertions can be found in scripture.
Amen.

1 Cor. 8
"4Concerning the eating then of the things sacrificed to idols, we have known that an idol [is] nothing in the world, and that there is no other God except one;

5for even if there are those called gods, whether in heaven, whether upon earth -- as there are gods many and lords many -- 6yet to us [is] one God, the Father, of whom [are] the all things, and we to Him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom [are] the all things, and we through Him; "

God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 02-05-2012 at 11:37 AM..

Old 02-05-2012, 02:46 PM

698 posts, read 647,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
In the past I have taken the time to go into great detail with you on things such as the hypostatic union, and it proved to be a waste of my time.

Therefore, I provide just the link to refute your position on 1 Cor 8:6. If you are unwilling to study it, then DON'T.

It is there for those who are willing to look at it.
The hypostatic union is useless, “scientifically” and “logically” speaking, because as you shown in this thread if something seems to contradict Jesus being ‘god’, then you can arbitrarily say it was referring to his humanity only and vice versa. At your whim, you can merely choose Jesus to be either fully ‘god’ in a certain verse, or fully man. There is no way to predict which way it's going to be -- It can be either/or. In my opinion, such approach to scripture is virtually devoid of sound exegesis and biblical interpretation.

Old 02-05-2012, 03:03 PM

63,810 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kids in america_ View Post
The hypostatic union is useless, “scientifically” and “logically” speaking, because as you shown in this thread if something seems to contradict Jesus being ‘god’, then you can arbitrarily say it was referring to his humanity only and vice versa. At your whim, you can merely choose Jesus to be either fully ‘god’ in a certain verse, or fully man. There is no way to predict which way it's going to be -- It can be either/or. In my opinion, such approach to scripture is virtually devoid of sound exegesis and biblical interpretation.
You are right . . . it is all "magicadoola midgicaboola bibbity bobbity boo" stuff with neither scientific nor philosophical merit. Hypostatic, hydrostatic, hypnogogic, or hypocritical . . . it is all just nonsense . . . as is kenosis, stenosis or hypnosis.

Old 02-05-2012, 03:05 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,660,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You are right . . . it is all "magicadoola midgicaboola bibbity bobbity boo" stuff with neither scientific nor philosophical merit. Hypostatic, hydrostatic, hypnogogic, or hypocritical . . . it is all just nonsense . . . as is kenosis, stenosis or hypnosis.
...you're a mess .

Old 02-05-2012, 03:11 PM

63,810 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
...you're a mess .
Luv ya anyway, Verna.

Old 02-05-2012, 03:33 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,660,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Luv ya anyway, Verna.
...and I love you too ! ...but you're still a mess !...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity