Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2012, 09:35 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,486,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
The Triquetra doesn't help your case, it was created for man by man.
Nor your obstinate refusal to believe the truth is your's.
  • 1 John 4:6
    We are from God, and whoever knows God listens to us; but whoever is not from God does not listen to us. This is how we recognize the Spiritof truth and the spirit of falsehood.
Those from God listens when the writers of the Bible say that:

The Father is God
The Son is God
The Holy Spirit is God

All three are the same God, but not all three are the same person.

Old 02-03-2012, 10:00 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,943,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Nor your obstinate refusal to believe the truth is your's.
  • 1 John 4:6
    We are from God, and whoever knows God listens to us; but whoever is not from God does not listen to us. This is how we recognize the Spiritof truth and the spirit of falsehood.
Those from God listens when the writers of the Bible say that:

The Father is God
The Son is God
The Holy Spirit is God

All three are the same God, but not all three are the same person.

That is a wonderful example of selective use of scripture that has nothing to do with the issue of "the trinity"

1Jn 4:2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

I confess that Jesus Christ came in the flesh. That belief and being in the spirit of God has nothing to do with the belief in the man invented doctrine that attempts to define God as a "trinity".

Old 02-03-2012, 01:44 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,062,204 times
Idol phrases aren't going to save anyone. I confess with all certainty of witness that Agnosticism is the true character of all people and likely
of all thinking things.

Old 02-03-2012, 02:48 PM

698 posts, read 647,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saved33 View Post
Many here do not believe that in Jesus Christ God became incarnate in human flesh.
(Even though the book of John clearly states it as so.)

So, I can see why they would not believe that the Holy Spirit is God as well (Tri-unity).
Quote:
In the beginning was the word {logos}, and the word was towards God, and the word was Divine. 2 This existed, in the beginning, with God. 3 All things created came into existence on account of it; and without it nothing created came into existence. 4 In it was life, and that life was the light of men. 5 This light shines in the darkness, but the darkness cannot understand it.

Last edited by kids in america_; 02-03-2012 at 03:48 PM..

Old 02-03-2012, 03:08 PM

14,867 posts, read 17,143,188 times
Quote:
That is a wonderful example of selective use of scripture that has nothing to do with the issue of "the trinity"

1Jn 4:2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

I confess that Jesus Christ came in the flesh. That belief and being in the spirit of God has nothing to do with the belief in the man invented doctrine that attempts to define God as a "trinity
Right

I Corinthians 8:6: Yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

1 Timothy 2:5: For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

God bless.

Old 02-03-2012, 03:49 PM

1,263 posts, read 1,389,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Right

I Corinthians 8:6: Yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

1 Timothy 2:5: For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

God bless.

Wrong.

Jesus IS God.

...you [Jesus] are my Lord and My God. John 20:28

Simon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who through the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ have received a faith as precious as ours: (2 Peter 1:1)

New Living Translation of 1 Timothy 2:5:
For there is only one God and one Mediator who can reconcile God and humanity--the man Christ Jesus.

Jesus IS God.

Old 02-03-2012, 03:53 PM

1,263 posts, read 1,389,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kids in america_ View Post
Quote:
In the beginning was the word {logos}, and the word was towards God, and the word was Divine. 2 This existed, in the beginning, with God. 3 All things created came into existence on account of it; and without it nothing created came into existence. 4 In it was life, and that life was the light of men. 5 This light shines in the darkness, but the darkness cannot understand it.

Hmmm, you are mistaken. All 18 translations listed here for John 1:1 use the word God in lieu of Divine. Are you quoting from the Jehovah's Witness translation?

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Old 02-03-2012, 04:04 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Jesus Christ is who God IS. If you have seen me you have seen the Father. Seen me ? The Life that is the Light to ALL men is God. There is no mistaking that Life as being anything other than God.

The Son (THE LIFE ) IS the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being. Heb 1:3

Old 02-03-2012, 04:25 PM

698 posts, read 647,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saved33 View Post
Wrong.

Jesus IS God.

Simon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who through the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ have received a faith as precious as ours: (2 Peter 1:1)

For there is only one God and one Mediator who can reconcile God and humanity--the man Christ Jesus.

Jesus IS God.
This is amazingly flawed exegesis.

Old 02-03-2012, 04:47 PM

14,867 posts, read 17,143,188 times
Quote:

God bless.
Wrong.

Are you disagreeing with the scriptures, Saved33?

Quote:

Right,

shared earlier

Philippians 2:

Have this attitude [a]in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus, 6 who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be [b]grasped, 7 but [c]emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men.

"Worship is an act of respect and reverence toward one having authority, power, and a certain status. In the Hebrew Scriptures we find worship being directed not only to God but to men of position and power. The Hebrew word commonly used in the OT for worship is hithpael which means to prostrate one self. It was a way of doing homage to a superior. While this word is primarily seen in association with the worship of God in the OT, it is also seen in association with the worship of Kings and others. We see David prostrating himself before King Saul and the Israelites doing hithpael to both God and King David.

1 Samuel 24:8: Then David went out of the cave and called out to Saul, "My lord the king!" When Saul looked behind him, David bowed down and prostrated (hithpael) himself with his face to the ground.

"During His ministry, Jesus consistently directed praise for what He did to His Father God. Jesus plainly said He could do nothing on His own. All that He did He did because God the Father enabled Him. God gave Jesus supernatural powers beyond anything given to any other human. While Scripture shows Jesus being worshiped, there is no evidence such worship directed to Jesus was directed to Him as the One and Only Most High God. Worship of Jesus as the One and Only God would have run totally contrary to the Shema which Jesus showed identified God as a single undifferentiated Being. During his ministry, Jesus gave no hint of being one with the Father in Being. Jesus plainly said the Father was the one and only true God (John 5:44 and 17:3). Worship directed toward Jesus during His earthly ministry was in response to recognition of He being the promised King of Israel. As previously discussed, when the Magi worshiped Jesus at His birth, they didn't do so because they thought He was the Eternal God.

After His death, resurrection and ascension, Jesus had great power, authority and glory granted to Him by the Father. Within the context of who God the Father has made Jesus to be, Jesus is worthy of being worshiped as a Deity provided we remain cognizant of the fact the Father is the One and Only Most High Supreme Deity. When we consider what Jesus accomplished on our behalf as the totally obedient and subservient agent of the One and Only Most High God and how His God and Father elevated Him to high status because of what He accomplished, it should be apparent Jesus is worthy of great worship as our glorified Savior and Lord. This does not in any way compromise the monotheism of Scripture which is based on the exclusive worship of only one Being as the Supreme Deity, a Deity who is over all reality including the reality that is Christ Jesus. Worship of the Son is not equal to worship of YHWH. Therefore, Scriptural monotheism is not undermined."

D. Kroll

Jesus is called God and exists in the form of God. He is even the exact image or representation of His nature, but the Father is the Supreme God. Jesus has a God and this God is the Supreme God. Take care and God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 02-03-2012 at 04:59 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity