Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2012, 07:32 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,342,394 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASULAR17 View Post
Firstly, let's make it clear WHY Catholicism is a christian church. Answer: The bureaucracy (leardership of bishops and Papacy),clergy and flock believe in the Son of God ) the rest is a mix of truths example: the trinity (Godhead) which catholics have down pat not withstanding many scriptural passages, but then comes the many manufactured dogma(s) that are not only inconsistant with mainstream theology are unintentional blasphemy. There is a la la land response to the early church fathers partially perverting interpretation of scripture to produce insane practices.
Areas like infant baptism,greatcommission baptism,sainthood/ requirements,sacraments,intercessory prayer to saints,Popes and Mary a pagan idolatry (Mariology),indulgences,the pagan ritual of the Mass, and many practices that disconnect from "valuable time" better utilized for scriptural teaching applied especially when they could be teaching little ones bible stories in grade school in lieu of waiting to give them an equally nonsensical "religion" class or the emptiness of catechism.

Das
For most of these new Christian Sects (some less than 10 years old) traditions that evolved over 2000 years make no sense. Nevertheless, the Catholic Church is the religion with all the bells and whistles as well as the tradition.

I don't expect non-Catholics to get the traditions of others.
Some of those traditions developed over hundreds of years and a brand new born Christians who had an epiphany will never understand that.

It takes one second for a convert to enter one of these new churches. All he has to do is say "Jesus is my savior".

It takes at least a year to become a Catholic if you are not from the cradle. There is a difference which IMHO is best explained by the longevity of the Catholic Church and the fact that it was the original Church of Christ before the NT was written.

This is the church that gave the NT to all these NEW Christians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2012, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Hey Julian
What purpose does a pope serve at all, when Christ and is kingdom is within you ?.

By the way I am not trying to discredit Catholicism , as you were as far as I am concerned. What I would like you to know is you can go to God right where you are now, without having to be in a certain time,place, location, or by the aid of anything or anyone outside of yourself.

* There cometh an hour, and now is , when the true worshippers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father also doth seek such to worship him. John 4:23
A Pope?

There were bad Popes, but these are the men that spread Christianity to the world. The RCC is the biggest institution in Western history. Without the RCC we would not be Christians.

Old 02-12-2012, 07:37 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
A Pope?

There were bad Popes, but these are the men that spread Christianity to the world. The RCC is the biggest institution in Western history. Without the RCC we would not be Christians.
It probably is the biggest institute in western history, thankfully the
Path of Life is not institutionalized

Old 02-12-2012, 07:38 PM

420 posts, read 805,181 times
Quote:
A Pope?

Without the RCC we would not have Western civilization as we know it.

Old 02-12-2012, 09:52 PM

1,435 posts, read 1,553,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DASULAR17 View Post
the pagan ritual of the Mass,

Das
What is "pagan" about the Mass? Please explain step-by-step what part of the Mass is pagan and give details on its origins. Thank you.

Old 02-12-2012, 09:54 PM

1,435 posts, read 1,553,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNick View Post
I believe they go hand in hand. The Catholic Church has the fullness of the faith, so defending the church is defending Christ.
Bingo!! Jesus is in and with His Church. You can't have one without the other!!

Old 02-13-2012, 10:08 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,685,375 times
Quote:
Two "wrongs" do not make a "right".

The number of Web sites that hate Catholicism is astronomical. This fringe groups lie to support their hate for Catholicism.
Who said that made it okay? I just wanted you to see that this isn't a one-sided thing. There are many Catholics out there who have massive hate in their hearts toward non-Catholics. I know some personally, mostly family members. The things they say about non-Catholics I couldn't IMAGINE saying about a Catholic.

You are right that there are some hateful websites toward Catholics, though. Not all sites that oppose some of the Catholic teachings are hateful. It's a heart issue not a denomination issue. Either you have love in your heart for everyone or you have hate in your heart for those who don't agree with you. If you're a fundie who hates Catholics (or vice versa), you probably have a fairly extensive list of people you "hate."

Old 02-14-2012, 01:52 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,018,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyHappyLucy View Post
I personally know Catholics who hate non-Catholic Christians. It isn't just the fundies doing the hating, you know.
You're absolutely right. The problem is "organized religion" - doesn't matter which 'brand'. It is the need to 'exclude' others that causes the 'us' vs 'them' that leads to hatred be it race, religion, sexual orientation, etc...

Old 02-14-2012, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyHappyLucy View Post
Who said that made it okay? I just wanted you to see that this isn't a one-sided thing. There are many Catholics out there who have massive hate in their hearts toward non-Catholics. I know some personally, mostly family members. The things they say about non-Catholics I couldn't IMAGINE saying about a Catholic.

You are right that there are some hateful websites toward Catholics, though. Not all sites that oppose some of the Catholic teachings are hateful. It's a heart issue not a denomination issue. Either you have love in your heart for everyone or you have hate in your heart for those who don't agree with you. If you're a fundie who hates Catholics (or vice versa), you probably have a fairly extensive list of people you "hate."
Perhaps the issue has to do with the fact that being Protestant is by definition a rejection of many aspects of Catholicism such a prayer to the blessed Virgin Mary. In summary, the Protestant doctrine is based stripping Catholicism of its old traditions.

Without the Catholic church there would not be Protestant church.

Old 02-14-2012, 02:17 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,917,022 times
Christianity certainly can involve hate: Hatred of evil.
Ro 12:9 Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good.
Am 5:15 Hate evil, love good;maintain justice in the courts. Perhaps the LORD God Almighty will have mercy on the remnant of Joseph.

Even God hates: Yes He hates evil.
Mal 2:16 "I hate divorce," says the LORD God of Israel, "and I hate a man’s covering himself with violence as well as with his garment," says the LORD Almighty.

Isa 61:8 "For I, the LORD, love justice;I hate robbery and iniquity. In my faithfulness I will reward them and make an everlasting covenant with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity