Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 07:42 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,540,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boanerges View Post
From DentalFloss:

Just wanted to share a thought as to when life begins, and it is my opinion it is when the blood is intrduced into the fetus (flesh), for we have scripture that says:

Leviticus 17:11
For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.

Here i believe it tells us that life is in the blood.

I found this on a website that i cannot remember the address to, but it gives info on the developement of the fetus and this was the part that got my attention:

2 Weeks

The embryo grows his or her first brain cells.
The embryo's body is divided into three layers. The outer layer of cells in called the ectoderm, and will develop into the outer layer of the skin and the nervous system. The middle cells, or mesoderm, develops blood, bone, cartilage, and muscle. The endoderm, the inner layer, develops eventually into mucus membranes and glands.

The fetus at two weeks developes blood, scripture says life is in the blood...................
So true!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2012, 01:23 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,692,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boanerges View Post
From DentalFloss:

Just wanted to share a thought as to when life begins, and it is my opinion it is when the blood is intrduced into the fetus (flesh), for we have scripture that says:

Leviticus 17:11
For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.

Here i believe it tells us that life is in the blood.

I found this on a website that i cannot remember the address to, but it gives info on the developement of the fetus and this was the part that got my attention:

2 Weeks

The embryo grows his or her first brain cells.
The embryo's body is divided into three layers. The outer layer of cells in called the ectoderm, and will develop into the outer layer of the skin and the nervous system. The middle cells, or mesoderm, develops blood, bone, cartilage, and muscle. The endoderm, the inner layer, develops eventually into mucus membranes and glands.

The fetus at two weeks developes blood, scripture says life is in the blood...................
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairieparson View Post
Mystic. You say that my belief that abortion is murder of a human being is ludicris. Can you give me a reason why you say that, not just a statement, but a logical reasonable argument. After all, babies as little can be kept alive if they are born premature. It then becomes a human being, who has rights. Drs. and nurses and hospitals will spend many thousands of dollars to keep this child alive. Yet other women are legally able to kill their children in their wombs at the same age. By that logic, the child's right to life is totally dependent on the will of its mother, that is it has no legal rights???? This is inconsistent and illogical.
Amen.... excellent post !!

Old 02-12-2012, 10:34 PM

1,435 posts, read 1,553,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
You know what I find interesting, particularly about the catholic church, is that they're against abortion but they'er also against birth control in any shape or form and I'm surprised that women in particular seem to go along with this. Back in the 1920s women marched in the streets to get the right to vote and they succeeded in that endeavor and that was one step closer to equal rights for women, again in the 1960s women marched for women's rights in all endeavors, so why do women let themselves be treated as second class citizens by the Christian religion? Women have protested, marched in the streets, voice their opinions, to obtain the freedoms and the equality that they have today and yet they continue to go backwards when it comes to the Christian religion. Why should women let themselves be treated as second class citizens, with little or no rights in their religious belief ? why should women allow an organization run completely by men, tell them what they can and can't do with their bodies? Regardless of whether you are pro choice or anti-abortion, women should be allowed to make decisions concerning their body and their life, on their own, that decision should be theirs, not somebody else's.
It's not "their body and their life". Have you forgotten the human life inside their body? Once you are pregnant, your body no longer belongs to just you. It also belongs to the child growing in it and to the father of that child who may want his child to live and be healthy. This isn't about civil rights or freedom, it's about murder...murder is wrong, period. This is a good reason why women should keep their legs closed and stop juming into bed with every guy they meet at the bar......same thing for guys. We all need to practice more self-control and responsibilty, then abortion wouldn't even exist.

Last edited by cmforte; 02-12-2012 at 11:55 PM..

Old 02-12-2012, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I am Pro-Lfe and Pro-Choice.
This is impossible and illogical. Either you are against murder, uh, killing, or you're not. You can't be both. By being pro-choice you are supporting abortion passively, you are allowing abortion-killing to occur, you are, in away, taking a part in it.....this is called "sin of omission," sinning by allowing something evil to happen and not trying to stop it.

We don't say the same thing about other types of murders...we don't say, "Well, I'm personally against serial killing, but if John Wayne Gacey wants to do it, then that is his choice. I just pray that one day he sees the light" No! Those who think killing is wrong and are disguted by it try to stop it!

Old 02-12-2012, 10:57 PM

63,771 posts, read 40,030,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmforte View Post
This impossible and illogical. Either you are against murder, uh, killing, or you're not. You can't be both. By being pro-choice you are supporting abortion passively, you are allowing abortion-killing to occur, you are, in away, taking a part in it.....this is called "sin of omission," sinning by allowing something evil to happen and not trying to stop it.

We don't say the same thing about other types of murders...we don't say, "Well, I'm personally against serial killing, but if John Wayne Gacey wants to do it, then that is his choice. I just pray that one day he sees the light" No! Those who think killing is wrong and are disguted by it try to stop it!
You should have read my post and NOT truncated it. Murder is a legal term and applies ONLY to members of society. An unborn child is NOT a member of society . . . so murder is not applicable. It is killing and it is wrong . . . but a woman is doing it to a growing part of her own body and it is not society's business. It is evil . . . but it is an evil perpetrated on the woman by the woman and will be answered for by the woman. Society should focus on eliminating the reasons women feel it is necessary to kill their unborn child. We do a poor enough job of that. Most of what you and the rabid pro-life dictators would have society do only aggravates the situation and puts further potential stress and trauma on women.

Old 02-12-2012, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You should have read my post and NOT truncated it. Murder is a legal term and applies ONLY to members of society. An unborn child is NOT a member of society . . . so murder is not applicable. It is killing and it is wrong . . . but a woman is doing it to a growing part of her own body and it is not society's business. It is evil . . . but it is an evil perpetrated on the woman by the woman and will be answered for by the woman. Society should focus on eliminating the reasons women feel it is necessary to kill their unborn child. We do a poor enough job of that. Most of what you and the rabid pro-life dictators would have society do only aggravates the situation and puts further potential stress and trauma on women.
Absolutely wrong!! It is not "her own body." That is a life!! And it takes two to make a child, so why doesn't it take two to kill it?! Once you are pregnant, your body is no longer just your own. It is not a woman doing it to "a growing part of her own body." It's not "an evil perpetrated on the woman by the woman." That growing part is a life, one who's DNA is half from its father. How come pro-choicers always forget that part of that "growing part" belongs to a man? Why is the father always forgotten and banned from having a say in the life of his child, including whether his child gets to live outside the womb or not? You pro-choicers are greedy, among other things.

And I have looked up the legal definition of murder, it says nothing about a person having to be "a member of society"...besides that, how is a fetus not a member of society? It is treated like one...we get gifts for it, we think about a name for it, we care about its health, in some states killing an unborn child is murder (unless it is an intentional abortion, a very contradictory law that many pro-lifers have used to support our cause).....so how can you say all that with a straight face?
Unborn Victims of Violence Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia , Man charged in deaths of girlfriend, unborn baby - latimes.com , Man charged in crash that killed unborn child - JSOnline .

Last edited by cmforte; 02-12-2012 at 11:54 PM..

Old 02-13-2012, 10:10 AM

2,677 posts, read 2,615,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmforte View Post
Once you are pregnant, your body is no longer just your own. It is not a woman doing it to "a growing part of her own body."
By what standard are you labeling a fertalized egg, zygote, or fetus as "human life"? Seems to me, the standard we use for the end of life is the cessation of brain activity, ergo it makes sense that the beginning of life ought be the start of brain activity. Before that point, no life exists, as it's not even capable of self-awareness.

Old 02-13-2012, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
By what standard are you labeling a fertalized egg, zygote, or fetus as "human life"? Seems to me, the standard we use for the end of life is the cessation of brain activity, ergo it makes sense that the beginning of life ought be the start of brain activity. Before that point, no life exists, as it's not even capable of self-awareness.
Yet, you can be charged with murder if you kill a fetus...unless you are the mother, that is. Man charged in deaths of girlfriend, unborn baby - latimes.com:
Quote:
"Hines allegedly beat Cruz after a dispute, authorities said. She was taken to a hospital, where doctors discovered that the unborn child she was carrying was dead, possibly because of the beating, authorities said. Cruz died at the hospital.

"...The post apologized for Cruz's death and the death of the fetus."
So how does that factor in to your theory?

And to answer your question, that is just one of the standards I use....the law itself.

Old 02-13-2012, 10:17 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,907,004 times
Mystic. You might also be interested to know that in some cases, people have been convicted of killing an unborn baby. If I remember correctly, that man in Calif. who killed his pregnant wife several years ago, and became a very heavily publicized case, was convicted of two murders, his wife and his unborn child. If that baby is not a person, how can anyone be convicted for the childs murder? I should also point out what was previously mentioned. The child growing inside its mother has its own unique DNA, and therefore is not a part of her body. Besides, at 2-3 months of age, the child is clearly visible as a human being, having head, spine legs fingers toes, etc. At 5 months, some children have survived premature birth and gone on to live normal lives. Are you telling me that that child has no rights until it reaches what would have been its "normal" birth date. Of course not. Its legal birthday, when it is given the full rights of US citizenship is the day it was born, even if premature.

Old 02-14-2012, 12:14 PM

63,771 posts, read 40,030,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairieparson View Post
Mystic. You might also be interested to know that in some cases, people have been convicted of killing an unborn baby. If I remember correctly, that man in Calif. who killed his pregnant wife several years ago, and became a very heavily publicized case, was convicted of two murders, his wife and his unborn child. If that baby is not a person, how can anyone be convicted for the childs murder? I should also point out what was previously mentioned. The child growing inside its mother has its own unique DNA, and therefore is not a part of her body. Besides, at 2-3 months of age, the child is clearly visible as a human being, having head, spine legs fingers toes, etc. At 5 months, some children have survived premature birth and gone on to live normal lives. Are you telling me that that child has no rights until it reaches what would have been its "normal" birth date. Of course not. Its legal birthday, when it is given the full rights of US citizenship is the day it was born, even if premature.
Do not misunderstand me, Prairie . . . I abhor abortion and it pains my soul to contemplate the ease and frequency with which it is employed. It is a human baby whatever stage it is in . . . we do not disagree about that. We disagree about society coercing spiritually bereft women who find themselves in circumstances that they feel compel them to make the choice. I simply cannot countenance such coercion, period. The woman has all the responsibility for her choice and will answer to God . . . not us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity