Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 03:02 PM

488 posts, read 1,251,101 times

Advertisements

Paul really had a thing or two to feel ashamed about - as far as his life is concerned.. but it is his conversion that truly counts, and eventually He successfully carried out the work assigned to him - thinking of his missionary journeys. No Christian should judge him, 'the apostle of the gentiles' did suffer and got martyred for the name of the Lord Jesus just as most of the apostles did.

by the way, according to the book of revelation the names of the 12 apostles will be etched into the foundations of the New Jerusalem?
Who do you think the number 12 will be? Matthias or Paul.. this gives me food for thought, because officially Matthias followed Judas, so he should be the one, but it has to be taken into account that the apostles cast their lots and he was not called by Jesus so to speak.. unlike Paul who was undoubtedly called by the Lord..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2012, 02:58 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,016,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doesntspringtomind View Post
Paul really had a thing or two to feel ashamed about - as far as his life is concerned.. but it is his conversion that truly counts, and eventually He successfully carried out the work assigned to him - thinking of his missionary journeys. No Christian should judge him, 'the apostle of the gentiles' did suffer and got martyred for the name of the Lord Jesus just as most of the apostles did.

by the way, according to the book of revelation the names of the 12 apostles will be etched into the foundations of the New Jerusalem?
Who do you think the number 12 will be? Matthias or Paul.. this gives me food for thought, because officially Matthias followed Judas, so he should be the one, but it has to be taken into account that the apostles cast their lots and he was not called by Jesus so to speak.. unlike Paul who was undoubtedly called by the Lord..
I believe it is in the Old Testament where it is written regarding a wolf emerging from the tribe of Benjamin and it has been said that Sha'ul is of the tribe of Benjamin...Makes one wonder if there is a connection there...I mean since there is no middle of the road thought regarding Sha'ul...

Old 02-13-2012, 08:14 AM

2,981 posts, read 2,931,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
The New Testament Scriptures are the result and fulfillment of Jesus' promise as recorded in John 16:12-15.

The words of the apostles have the same authority as the words of Jesus Christ. ''And whoever does not receive you, nor heed your words, as you go out of that house or that city, shake off the dust of your feet. Truly I say to you, it will be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrah in the day of judgment, than for that city.'' (Matt 10:14-15)

''The one who listens to you listens to Me, and the one who rejects you rejects Me; and he who rejects Me rejects the One who sent Me.'' (Luke 10:16)

~ Matt.10:14 Jesus spoke this to His 12 whom He told NOT to go to The Gentiles but to The Lost Sheep 0f The House 0f Israel. Jesus was not speaking to Paul.

~ Luke 10:16 Jesus spoke this to the 70 sending them before His Face into cities He Himself was About to go also. Paul was not involved here either.

Old 02-13-2012, 09:40 AM

2,817 posts, read 3,459,775 times
I just wish paul would have made more clear the role of pastors in a church. Somehow we have a warped mindset and place a pastor on a pedestal. As if he is holier or better than those in the pews. I am not speaking of everybody, just the majority of the people. He was a strange character, even the apostles had a hard time understanding his letters. Whether you like him or not, he has affected the way you walk your christian life.

Old 02-13-2012, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
I just wish paul would have made more clear the role of pastors in a church. Somehow we have a warped mindset and place a pastor on a pedestal. As if he is holier or better than those in the pews. I am not speaking of everybody, just the majority of the people. He was a strange character, even the apostles had a hard time understanding his letters. Whether you like him or not, he has affected the way you walk your christian life.
~ So called pastors in the bible followed in "The Apostles' Doctrine"
They did nothing without them "First".

Today so called pastors teach they are everything to everyone.
But, such are today's pastors of Paul.

Old 02-13-2012, 01:21 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,500,581 times
Default question about Paul

I can't remember from my studies from past years, nor can I find it in search, but am trying to find something in the OT from one of the prophets about Paul or Saul for that matter..Being one of the central figures of the early church and was chosen an apostle by Christ after His death I am thinking he would probably be in one of the prophecies.

Thanks..

Old 02-13-2012, 01:24 PM

33,221 posts, read 26,412,135 times
Quote:
The New Testament Scriptures are the result and fulfillment of Jesus' promise as recorded in John 16:12-15.

The words of the apostles have the same authority as the words of Jesus Christ. ''And whoever does not receive you, nor heed your words, as you go out of that house or that city, shake off the dust of your feet. Truly I say to you, it will be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrah in the day of judgment, than for that city.'' (Matt 10:14-15)

''The one who listens to you listens to Me, and the one who rejects you rejects Me; and he who rejects Me rejects the One who sent Me.'' (Luke 10:16)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevelationWriter View Post
~ Matt.10:14 Jesus spoke this to His 12 whom He told NOT to go to The Gentiles but to The Lost Sheep 0f The House 0f Israel. Jesus was not speaking to Paul.

~ Luke 10:16 Jesus spoke this to the 70 sending them before His Face into cities He Himself was About to go also. Paul was not involved here either.
Paul was an apostle and what Jesus said to the other apostles applies to Paul. In fact Paul wrote the majority of the New Testament epistles. If you don't listen to Paul then you are not listening to Jesus Christ either.

Old 02-13-2012, 04:55 PM

14,875 posts, read 17,143,188 times
I agree that Paul received His teachings from Jesus. He was especially chosen to teach and minister to the Gentiles. God bless.

Old 02-13-2012, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Paul was an apostle and what Jesus said to the other apostles applies to Paul. In fact Paul wrote the majority of the New Testament epistles. If you don't listen to Paul then you are not listening to Jesus Christ either.
Beware of the false doctrine of Absolute Or Nothing.

Matt.10:5,6 does not apply to Paul.

Jesus Commanded His 12 Apostles to
NOT go into the way of The Gentiles.
But go rather to The Lost sheep 0f The House 0f Israel.

Old 02-14-2012, 08:51 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,336,151 times
Quote:
But, Paul never met Jesus. He was not an original apostle.
There are some scholars that feel Paul might have been homosexual and he struggled with this all his life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=563jJbf9DKY
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity