Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 10:27 AM

2,981 posts, read 2,932,822 times

Advertisements

I don't want anyone to have the wrong idea about me & Paul.

Do I believe Paul was sent by Jesus? Of Course.
Do I believe Paul was an Apostle? Of Course.

Do I believe Paul should be crowned king
for a pedistool-pulpit of church doctrine? No.

When people say they believe 'all scripture' to be the word of God?
I find it intesting that they don't even believe what Paul said about himself and his Apostleship! But then they tell me, I don't believe scripture?

Paul said he was the least of all The Apostles.
Do I believe him? Yes.

Paul had some issues that are evident in his epistles.

Paul proclaimed to be A Pharisee of a Pharisee.

And Paul had a "Desire"
of what was "Proper" for Women. - 1Tim.2:8-12

Paul tried to keep Women Under The Law.
He said so. - 1Cor.14:34

To Be Continued....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2012, 10:33 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,339,807 times
Paul was for celibacy.

Old 02-11-2012, 04:11 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,014,164 times
Paul said he was the least of the Apostles because he never forgave himself for His condemning to death Christians before he was converted ..... Apostle Paul got brilliant Revelation in to the Working of Holy Spirit in faith and like the whole book of Romans came from Jesus through Holy Spirit right to Paul and became an author for the foundation of the church of Jesus and the workings of the leaders in churches then and today..... Paul`s understanding of the customs of the Corinth church in the subjection of women Paul said in 1 Corinthians 11:16...``But if any man seems contentious, we have no such customs , neither the churches of God``.... saying these customs are from the people of Corinthians and not from God and God is not going to make any fight over it ....

Old 02-11-2012, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Paul said he was the least of the Apostles because he never forgave himself for His condemning to death Christians before he was converted ..... Apostle Paul got brilliant Revelation in to the Working of Holy Spirit in faith and like the whole book of Romans came from Jesus through Holy Spirit right to Paul and became an author for the foundation of the church of Jesus and the workings of the leaders in churches then and today..... Paul`s understanding of the customs of the Corinth church in the subjection of women Paul said in 1 Corinthians 11:16...``But if any man seems contentious, we have no such customs , neither the churches of God``.... saying these customs are from the people of Corinthians and not from God and God is not going to make any fight over it ....
~ Looking at the 11 verses that Paul spoke
of "Revelations" and "Revelation"?
Wasn't it mostly for himself ?

As what was revealed to Paul by "Revelation"
was already known and taught by other Apostles & Prophets.

Peter had been the first Apostle to The Gentiles already. - Acts 14:7

Paul delivered to them "Traditions" to Keep. - 1Cor.11:2
Paul said the man he is The Image 0f God. - 1Cor.11:7

"God created Human Kind In His Own Image.."
Gen.1:27 [Dead Sea Scrolls]

Too bad Paul didn't teach this quote of Hebrew scripture instead.

Old 02-12-2012, 07:03 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,026,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Now where does it state that Paul never forgave himself?...

Old 02-12-2012, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Now where does it state that Paul never forgave himself?...
Exactly.

It reminds me of the story of how
God would not even allow David to build His 1st Temple.
As David had much blood on his hands.

Old 02-12-2012, 08:14 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,506,148 times
The church I used to meet with preached, taught, talked more about Paul than they did Jesus even though Paul cautioned the church about following men..1 Corinthians 1: 12,13

Old 02-12-2012, 08:37 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,073,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
The church I used to meet with preached, taught, talked more about Paul than they did Jesus even though Paul cautioned the church about following men..1 Corinthians 1: 12,13

One thing can be said about Paul. Everybody seems to have an opinion about him. It seems to be the world knows more about him that they do about Jesus(as)

In my Christian era it does seem more was spoken about him. But, we can't overlook that roughly 1/3 of the NT is attributed to him. Although Most theologians agree that no more than 7 of the epistles were actually written by him.

Nobody seems to have a middle road attitude about Paul. He is either ignored, the greatest, or the most vile of men.

I noticed at the times I was involved with Bible study groups nearly always the topic was Paul. When non-Christians speak of Christianity it rapidly becomes centered on Paul.

Hero or Villain it is difficult to ignore him.

Old 02-12-2012, 12:24 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,633,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
One thing can be said about Paul. Everybody seems to have an opinion about him. It seems to be the world knows more about him that they do about Jesus(as)

In my Christian era it does seem more was spoken about him. But, we can't overlook that roughly 1/3 of the NT is attributed to him. Although Most theologians agree that no more than 7 of the epistles were actually written by him.

Nobody seems to have a middle road attitude about Paul. He is either ignored, the greatest, or the most vile of men.

I noticed at the times I was involved with Bible study groups nearly always the topic was Paul. When non-Christians speak of Christianity it rapidly becomes centered on Paul.

Hero or Villain it is difficult to ignore him.
This is pretty good assessment of Paul actually. Paul wrote primarily about the "Church" in which God was to take out a people for his name from the Gentiles. (Acts 15).

So from a Gentile perspective, he'll pretty important. Those that reject Paul's writings have denied the "Church" as fellow heirs, Israel's destiny in God's program, etc.

Paul also gives us the Mystery of Salvation by "faith" alone. So he's a pretty important figure from a Christian perspective.

Old 02-12-2012, 12:31 PM

33,229 posts, read 26,434,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
The New Testament Scriptures are the result and fulfillment of Jesus' promise as recorded in John 16:12-15.

The words of the apostles have the same authority as the words of Jesus Christ. ''And whoever does not receive you, nor heed your words, as you go out of that house or that city, shake off the dust of your feet. Truly I say to you, it will be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrah in the day of judgment, than for that city.'' (Matt 10:14-15)

''The one who listens to you listens to Me, and the one who rejects you rejects Me; and he who rejects Me rejects the One who sent Me.'' (Luke 10:16)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity