Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 07:28 AM

1,727 posts, read 2,548,185 times

Advertisements

I was hoping to find more in this forum.

I do see some postive things here, but I seem to find more negative.

It really is sad to see that many Christians put more energy into judging than they put into helping their fellow man.

I know Christian's are as varied as every other group of people. That's not always a bad thing. But we all know how the rest of the world views us.

I will never suggest that we change our beliefs to make non-believers happy. I will not suggest that we pretend not to believe something that we believe.

But, for those of us who are more focused on forgiveness and love, maybe we really do need to be more outspoken so that the world does not view all of us Christians and self-righteous and biggoted.

I myself have started a few threads seeking guidance from other Christians. It was disappointing how few responses I received, while noticing that the threads focused on judgment and condemnation of others seems to flourish.

What's up with that??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2012, 07:30 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,230,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looking4answers12 View Post
I was hoping to find more in this forum.

I do see some postive things here, but I seem to find more negative.

It really is sad to see that many Christians put more energy into judging than they put into helping their fellow man.

I know Christian's are as varied as every other group of people. That's not always a bad thing. But we all know how the rest of the world views us.

I will never suggest that we change our beliefs to make non-believers happy. I will not suggest that we pretend not to believe something that we believe.

But, for those of us who are more focused on forgiveness and love, maybe we really do need to be more outspoken so that the world does not view all of us Christians and self-righteous and biggoted.

I myself have started a few threads seeking guidance from other Christians. It was disappointing how few responses I received, while noticing that the threads focused on judgment and condemnation of others seems to flourish.

What's up with that??

Yup, all Christians, Jews, Catholics, Lutherans, Buddhist, Muslims, Hindi and any other religious group should be like that. Maybe everyone should be like that, all problems solved because people accept each other as they are.

Good luck with that.

Old 02-12-2012, 08:19 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,621,075 times
Yeah this is a very disappointing as well as growth-inducing sub-forum. I won't pretend that it hasn't had it's effects on me, it certainly has as far as really seeing what Christianity is and isn't. I learned about Universal Reconciliation here and I'm thankful for that, it's the only form of Christianity that is acceptable in my opinion. If I were ever to regain my faith (that's a BIG if) then I would choose UR again as my belief system, that's the kind of God I can get on board with. All the rest of it is just judgment and condemnation from people who believe they got it all right and everyone else is wrong. It doesn't have anything to do with their Christ, that's for sure.

Don't let it get to you too much Looking, because this is not really a Christianity sub-forum, it's just a place for all to participate in discussing it. Not so good to try and get input and advice from this crowd. You will be disappointed.

Old 02-12-2012, 12:27 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,223,303 times
You have to realize that this is not a place to find answers, only opinions.

There are many paths to enlightenment, you have to walk the one that is meant for you. Granted, it's not always easy to find but it does exist.

The answers that you seek, they're already there.

Blessed be.

Old 02-12-2012, 02:32 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,016,600 times
I think you can measure or "rate" the spiritual condition of a place by whether or not it edifies you. This forum, for the most part is not a place to come to be edified in your spirit. I think it used to be a bit more positive here when I first came and before you came. But most of the regular UR believing Christians are no longer posting (or certainly less often).Moderator cut: delete

Last edited by Miss Blue; 02-14-2012 at 08:04 AM.. Reason: flame

Old 02-12-2012, 03:43 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,014,164 times
What Would Jesus Do? ....``GET OVER IT !``....He would say let it go it is not worth it ..... If people reject what Jesus said by you, then they rejected Jesus before they rejected you ..... See the Christian are only saying what they know and what they learned from the teachers that they have ...Some have plenty of witness of Jesus and His truth , while some are still developing in Jesus Word and then some will not listen and will never learn any truth and stay that way for thousands of posting threads on this forum ... Best is to give them leeway and then dogma and don`t get offended because it is not worth it, and Jesus Holy Spirit does not need you challenging His authority with offence........

Old 02-12-2012, 04:21 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,913,300 times
The path to Christ and eventual salvation is litered with obstacles, false doctrine, etc. This forum is not that unusual. There are a number of non-christians who post on this forum, and a lot of non-Christian, unBiblical beliefs that are espoused. I try to always point to the scriptures, as THE source to find the truth about God and how we can be saved through faith alone in JEsus Christ, because of his work to save all mankind from their sins. God bless you on your journey. Read the New Testament a lot, and HIs word will be your guide.

Old 02-12-2012, 04:25 PM

351 posts, read 355,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Yeah this is a very disappointing as well as growth-inducing sub-forum. I won't pretend that it hasn't had it's effects on me, it certainly has as far as really seeing what Christianity is and isn't. I learned about Universal Reconciliation here and I'm thankful for that, it's the only form of Christianity that is acceptable in my opinion. If I were ever to regain my faith (that's a BIG if) then I would choose UR again as my belief system, that's the kind of God I can get on board with. All the rest of it is just judgment and condemnation from people who believe they got it all right and everyone else is wrong. It doesn't have anything to do with their Christ, that's for sure.

Don't let it get to you too much Looking, because this is not really a Christianity sub-forum, it's just a place for all to participate in discussing it. Not so good to try and get input and advice from this crowd. You will be disappointed.

Hi Ilene Wright I like coming on the forum simply because it is so diverse and has many different opinions. I know that many people will not agree with me and that's OK. I know that God's plan, including this forum , is working out perfectly and everyone's belief is where it should be, at this time. Of course I believe my beliefs are the correct one just as every other person who comes here does. God will reveal his plan to all at the proper time. I never get upset with the people here and never get upset with the disagreements about God and the bible interpretations. The forum makes me think and when some one post an opinion that I disagree with it makes me search out the information they give and determine if it is the truth or not.

Old 02-12-2012, 07:21 PM

14,880 posts, read 17,153,412 times
Quote:
Hi Ilene Wright I like coming on the forum simply because it is so diverse and has many different opinions. I know that many people will not agree with me and that's OK. I know that God's plan, including this forum , is working out perfectly and everyone's belief is where it should be, at this time. Of course I believe my beliefs are the correct one just as every other person who comes here does. God will reveal his plan to all at the proper time. I never get upset with the people here and never get upset with the disagreements about God and the bible interpretations. The forum makes me think and when some one post an opinion that I disagree with it makes me search out the information they give and determine if it is the truth or not.
Thank you for sharing. God bless and peace.

Old 02-12-2012, 09:32 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,506,148 times
The answers you seek are already within you.. written on your heart and taught, directed and interpreted by the Holy spirit..

IMO,this is a place to learn and share our beliefs with one another and to discuss things of interest about Christianity..It is not a place to choose up sides and have a go at anyone who does not agree 100% with your doctrine..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity