Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 12:31 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,179,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sschulz View Post
Hi Finn I think you are misunderstanding the scriptures here. Jesus gave his apostles the authority to heal the sick and raise the dead and forgive sins just as the Father had given him that authority. He knew that they would be filled with the Holy Spirit and able to judge the rest of humanity. Remember that Jesus told his apostles that they would rule with him and judge the rest of man and even judge the angels. Because when they are acting with the authority of Jesus and are filled with the Holy Spirit they too like Jesus can not be fooled and will know the heart of those they come across.
Thank you.

I was hoping someone would recognize that He will have a people who are "as He is, so are we in the earth". Every time I post here, I mention "tabernacles" - God in man. We continue to live in the Pentecostal realm where God is acting outside of us, and while that seems to be true it keeps us operating in the flesh while He is spirit - He wants us to be transformed into a people who are spirit, and have the nature and authority of our God.

Old 02-14-2012, 12:33 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Thank you.

I was hoping someone would recognize that He will have a people who are "as He is, so are we in the earth". Every time I post here, I mention "tabernacles" - God in man. We continue to live in the Pentecostal realm where God is acting outside of us, and while that seems to be true it keeps us operating in the flesh while He is spirit - He wants us to be transformed into a people who are spirit, and have the nature and authority of our God.
Well said little elmer.

Old 02-14-2012, 01:19 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sschulz View Post
Hi Finn I think you are misunderstanding the scriptures here. Jesus gave his apostles the authority to heal the sick and raise the dead and forgive sins just as the Father had given him that authority. He knew that they would be filled with the Holy Spirit and able to judge the rest of humanity. Remember that Jesus told his apostles that they would rule with him and judge the rest of man and even judge the angels. Because when they are acting with the authority of Jesus and are filled with the Holy Spirit they too like Jesus can not be fooled and will know the heart of those they come across.
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Well said little elmer.
Amen all around!!

Old 02-14-2012, 01:34 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Some interesting verses here. It sounds like Jesus is giving the authority to forgive sins to his diciples, but we know that cannot be true because it is abundantly clear that only Christ can forgive sins. So what is he saying here?
I think the "keys to the kingdom" in this case means the holy spirit, - the ability to understand and explain the Gospel to others.

John 20:23 If you forgive anyone his sins, they are forgiven; if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven."
When Peter said the verses below, he was using the authority given to him by Jesus in John 20:23. He had the authority to say with certainty that whomever believes in Christ will have forgiveness, and when he said it in Acts below, the people he was talking to listened to him and were saved, and received the Holy Spirit.

Acts 10:43 To him all the prophets bear witness that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name.” While Peter was still saying these things, the Holy Spirit fell on all who heard the word

Old 02-14-2012, 02:00 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,697,497 times
Quote:
When Peter said the verses below, he was using the authority given to him by Jesus in John 20:23. He had the authority to say with certainty that whomever believes in Christ will have forgiveness, and when he said it in Acts below, the people he was talking to listened to him and were saved, and received the Holy Spirit.

Acts 10:43 To him all the prophets bear witness that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name.” While Peter was still saying these things, the Holy Spirit fell on all who heard the word
Amen....

Old 02-14-2012, 02:06 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,179,752 times
Quote:

Yes, praise His name.

I believe God is preparing a people who will do His will by the power and discernment (wisdom) of the Spirit. "Say unto this mountain", "prophesy to these bones", "ask what you will"...

These commands are directed to those who have been processed by the cross through death to the flesh and unto life in Christ Jesus. I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ lives in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God.

If we're honest, we all know that we're not attaining to what scripture has laid out for us. The faith of the Son of God isn't stuck in this dimension.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity