Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 06:21 PM

14,873 posts, read 17,143,188 times

Advertisements

One is the Father, the other is the Son. The One is Supreme, the other is termed Sovereign (Col.1:18). The Lord Jesus Christ is Sovereign only because God, the Supreme One, has made Him so.

Jesus has no problems recognizing that He has a God and neither should we.

John 17:3: Now this is *eternal life: that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom You have sent.

*eternal=aionios

He existed in the form of God, but everything that He is comes from the invisible God, His Father, and His God.

He was highly exalted by God, His Father, who gave Him the name above all names.

"that at the name of Jesus every knee would bow, of those who are in heaven, and on earth and under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that JESUS CHRIST is Lord to the glory of God the Father" (Philippians 2 )

He represents the invisible God, His Father. Everything that He did was for the glory of the Father, His God. .

John 20:17 Jesus *said to her, “Stop clinging to Me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, ‘I ascend to My Father and your Father, and My God and your God.’ (NAS)

There is nothing to add to what Jesus has told us.

God bless and peace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2012, 09:49 PM

1,534 posts, read 1,989,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
One is the Father, the other is the Son. The One is Supreme, the other is termed Sovereign (Col.1:18). The Lord Jesus Christ is Sovereign only because God, the Supreme One, has made Him so.

Jesus has no problems recognizing that He has a God and neither should we.

John 17:3: Now this is *eternal life: that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom You have sent.

*eternal=aionios

He existed in the form of God, but everything that He is comes from the invisible God, His Father, and His God.

He was highly exalted by God, His Father, who gave Him the name above all names.

"that at the name of Jesus every knee would bow, of those who are in heaven, and on earth and under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that JESUS CHRIST is Lord to the glory of God the Father" (Philippians 2 )

He represents the invisible God, His Father. Everything that He did was for the glory of the Father, His God. .

John 20:17 Jesus *said to her, “Stop clinging to Me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, ‘I ascend to My Father and your Father, and My God and your God.’ (NAS)

There is nothing to add to what Jesus has told us.

God bless and peace.
Quote:
Again, the word and is a bridge making 2 statements as one and reads: That they may know You the only true God Jesus Christ. Or that they may know the true God is Jesus Christ.

Again you use proof texting to try to make the Scriptures say what you want them to say.

Quote:
My God and your God
AGAIN...His human nature is saying My God and your God. He's not saying the Father is His God.

Quote:

"that at the name of Jesus every knee would bow, of those who are in heaven, and on earth and under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that JESUS CHRIST is Lord to the glory of God the Father
This proves you have no idea what Messiah's Name was and why it was/is highly exalted. His Name is Yeshua which means Yehovah is salvation. Messiah's Name and God's Name are the same Name. It's at the Name of Yeshua/Yehovah that every knee shall bow and confess that Yeshua is the Messiah and Master.

So the Name that is above all Names is:Yehovah/Yeshua.

Said about God the Father:

Isa 44:6 Thus saith YHVH/Yehovah the King of Israel, and his redeemer YHVH/Yehovah of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no Elyohim.

This also appears inside the creative act and affrims Yehovah's authorship of creation as the First and Last, the Beginning and the End.

Within the first 3 lines of Genesis 1 the Messiah is revealed. The first word b'resheet [bar resh or beginning] contains a hidden Messianic prophecy teaching us what Messiah said about Himself in Rev. 22:

" I am Alpha [first]and Omega, [last] the *beginning and the end, the first and the last."[Rev. 22:13]

These same 3 lines also tell us the son will be the head of all things. Bar=son and resh=head, chief as well as the starting point. The use of the direct object pointer, as showing what part of a Hebrew sentence receives an action, is also a hint for the deeper truth of the son as the Alef and Tav.

Also notice the chronological pattern within creation itself. First Yehovah speaks ["The Word"] and then He creates[became flesh].

So we see right from page one of the Scriptures it's revealed the son will be God in the flesh....

Last edited by mshipmate; 03-02-2012 at 10:00 PM..

Old 03-02-2012, 09:56 PM

This is what I know, Mshipmate as revealed in the scriptures, and what I have shared:

Jesus is the image of God and is the exact representation of His being.
He is the only mediator between God and man.
He is the Son of God.
He exists in the form of God.
He was sent by the Father and He did the works of the Father.
The fulness of God dwells in Him.
He serves the Father and He reveals the Father.
He will be subject to the Father.
He points us to the Father.
He speaks on behalf of the Father.
The Father gave Him all things including all authority in heaven and on earth.
The Father gave Him the name above every name.

One who is an image is not the original.

Jesus says that He has a God and I believe Him.

If you choose not to believe Him, then that is your choice

The Trinitarians do not get to decide who is a believer/Christian and who isn't.

God bless you and peace.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 03-02-2012 at 10:29 PM..

Old 03-02-2012, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Again, the word and is a bridge making 2 statements as one and reads: That they may know You the only true God Jesus Christ. Or that they may know the true God is Jesus Christ.

Again you use proof texting to try to make the Scriptures say what you want them to say.
??

Quote:
He's not saying the Father is His God.
Rev. 1:

John to the seven churches that are in Asia: Grace to you and peace, from Him who is and who was and who [c]is to come, and from the seven Spirits who are before His throne, 5 and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn of the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth. To Him who loves us and released us from our sins [d]by His blood— 6 and He has made us to be a kingdom, priests to [e]His God and Father—

Rev:
7 “And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write:

He who is holy, who is true, who has the key of David, who opens and no one will shut, and who shuts and no one opens, says this: 8 ‘I know your [d]deeds. Behold, I have put before you an open door which no one can shut, because you have a little power, and have kept My word, and have not denied My name. 9 Behold, I [e]will cause those of the synagogue of Satan, who say that they are Jews and are not, but lie—I will make them come and bow down [f]at your feet, and make them know that I have loved you. 10 Because you have kept the word of My [g]perseverance, I also will keep you from the hour of [h]testing, that hour which is about to come upon the whole [i]world, to [j]test those who dwell on the earth. 11 I am coming quickly; hold fast what you have, so that no one will take your crown. 12 He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he will not go out from it anymore; and I will write on him the name of My God, and the name of the city of My God, the new Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God, and My new name. 13 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches..

No need for anyone to try to make Him say what He did not say.

Yes, Jesus has a God and He is the One that He came to reveal
He was His God when He was walking the earth, when He died, when He was resurrected, and He is His God in heaven now.

God bless and peace.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 03-02-2012 at 10:35 PM..

Old 03-02-2012, 10:21 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
The beginning and end is a reference to time.
Not that which is eternal.

Old 03-02-2012, 10:45 PM

Ref to this, Jerwade

"Alpha/Omega- A title of Christ descriptive of His position in relation to the new economy." (Young's Analytical Concordance)

God bless and peace

Old 03-02-2012, 11:51 PM

Phililippians 2:

"5 Have this attitude [a]in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus, 6 who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be [b]grasped, 7 but [c]emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men" (NAS)

God bless and peace.

Old 03-03-2012, 01:50 AM

698 posts, read 647,669 times
Post who's Name is the Name above all names?

To answer your thread title question, the name is Yahweh. When Jesus ascended to heaven ‘god’ gave him his name.

This is why when you read Jesus saying in Rev. 3:12NSV: “I will write on you (the believer) the name of my God...and I will write upon him my new name”. At a later time Jesus will give the believers God’s name; they will then fully carry the name of ‘god’ the same as him.

Old 03-03-2012, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
This is what I know, Mshipmate as revealed in the scriptures, and what I have shared:

Jesus is the image of God and is the exact representation of His being.
He is the only mediator between God and man.
He is the Son of God.
He exists in the form of God.
He was sent by the Father and He did the works of the Father.
The fulness of God dwells in Him.
He serves the Father and He reveals the Father.
He will be subject to the Father.
He points us to the Father.
He speaks on behalf of the Father.
The Father gave Him all things including all authority in heaven and on earth.
The Father gave Him the name above every name.

If you choose not to believe Him, then that is your choice

The Trinitarians do not get to decide who is a believer/Christian and who isn't.

God bless you and peace.
Quote:
An 'image' of someone is a picture of that person. As here:

Mt 22:20 And he saith unto them, Whose is this image and superscription?

Mr 12:16 And they brought it. And he saith unto them, Whose is this image and superscription? And they said unto him, Caesar’s.

Lu 20:24 Shew me a penny. Whose image and superscription hath it? They answered and said, Caesar’s.

So I ask you this. If they were able to reconize Caesar from his image than it must have looked like Caesar/the original man.

Now if I show you our penny and ask you who's image is this? You would answer me, "Abraham Lincoln." So now I ask you. Is that image of Lincoln not exactly how Lincoln looked and the original man?

Messiah was not only the image of God, but the express image i.e an exact copy. Now before you say Messiah wasn't the original you are right. He wasn't the spiritual Being, He was God in the flesh, but God none the less.

Quote:
To that I ask...which "Jesus?" Shana's Jesus? Or the Messiah that's written about from Gen. to Rev? Shana's Jesus says he has a God. The Messiah of the Scriptures was accused of claiming to be this very God. More importantly the Messiah, of the Scriptures, said He was this very God.

Messiah said, "You search the Scriptures....and they are them which speak of me."

What Scriptures was He speaking of Shana? The NT? Couldn't be for it hadn't been written yet. He was speaking searching the OT, The OT that the Jews all knew and understood very well.

The OT that teaches what the expressions Son of God and son of man mean.

You need to search these same OT Scriptures to find the true Messiah written about. Why? Hosea tells us God's ppl are destroyed for lack of knowledge.

Isaiah tells us if ppl speak not according to the law/testimony there's no light in them.

You don't understand what the Jews knew. They knew/understood what He claimed when He said God was His Father. When He said God was His Father He wasn't claiming to be God's son; He was claiming to be God.
They acccused Him of blasphemy because they knew/understood He wasn't claiming to be God's son, but God Himself.

As a result of this your "Jesus" is a different Messiah than the Scriptures proclaim. You are proclaiming another Jesus. For the Messiah of the Scriptures claimed to be the Great I AM. He claimed to be THE Saviour. He brought ppl back to life and He will ressurect the dead back to life on the last day of this earth age. The Messiah of the Scriptures accepted worship and forgave ppl of their sins.

Only the Supreme God can do all these things.

Old 03-03-2012, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kids in america_ View Post
To answer your thread title question, the name is Yahweh. When Jesus ascended to heaven ‘god’ gave him his name.

This is why when you read Jesus saying in Rev. 3:12NSV: “I will write on you (the believer) the name of my God...and I will write upon him my new name”. At a later time Jesus will give the believers God’s name; they will then fully carry the name of ‘god’ the same as him.
Yehovah/Yaweh same God, but God didn't give Messiah God's Name after He ascended into heaven He gave Him His Name at His birth:Yeshua.

We also know God didn't give Messiah a 'new name' in heaven for He's still called "The Word of God" when He returns.

And as to the new name you mentioned above it will be "my delight shall be in her" [the Bride] and the "new name" of "the Bride" will be Hephzibah. And Jerusalem will have a new name also: "Beulah land."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity