Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 11:58 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,913,300 times

Advertisements

I've actually been surprised that there has been no discussion concerning the Federal Government's new rules, requiring the Catholic church to pay for birth control even though its against their belief system. You may not accept this but I believe this is a powerful first step toward the government restricting some church's freedom of religion. It will not stop here.

If this stands it will not be long before the govt. tries to control whether a church may forbid women to be pastors or leaders in congregations or to condemn homosexuality.

They have a powerful weapon in the tax code, because other government entities might very well, end any tax exempt status they enjoy, which would certainly make it harder for churches to survive. Don't kid yourself, imperial govts. (and we are headed that way) do not like troublemakers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2012, 11:59 AM

661 posts, read 621,939 times
Do you think churches/Christians should fight back?

Old 02-14-2012, 12:01 PM

994 posts, read 1,681,744 times
Perhaps the church should start paying taxes.Moderator cut: delete

Last edited by Miss Blue; 02-14-2012 at 12:30 PM.. Reason: this is not a homosexual thread OK?The thread is about freedom of religion

Old 02-14-2012, 12:05 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,065,133 times
maybe, just maybe... freedom of religion doesn't mean special status for the corrupt religious institutions.

Old 02-14-2012, 12:13 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,633,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairieparson View Post
I've actually been surprised that there has been no discussion concerning the Federal Government's new rules, requiring the Catholic church to pay for birth control even though its against their belief system. You may not accept this but I believe this is a powerful first step toward the government restricting some church's freedom of religion. It will not stop here.

If this stands it will not be long before the govt. tries to control whether a church may forbid women to be pastors or leaders in congregations or to condemn homosexuality.

They have a powerful weapon in the tax code, because other government entities might very well, end any tax exempt status they enjoy, which would certainly make it harder for churches to survive. Don't kid yourself, imperial govts. (and we are headed that way) do not like troublemakers.
I think we know where this is all eventually headed. At least we should.

"Teilhard [de Chardin] had always viewed the United Nations as the progressive institutional embodiment of his philosophy" (Robert Muller, ed., The Desire to be Human: A Global Reconnaissance of Human Perspectives in an Age of Transformation, Miranana, 1983, p.304).

"Within the United Nations is the germ and seed of a great international and meditating, reflective group - a group of thinking and informed men and women in whose hands lies the destiny of humanity. This is largely under the control of many fourth ray disciples, if you could but realize it, and their point of meditative focus is the intuitional or buddhic plane - the plane upon which all hierarchical activity is today to be found".
[Alice B. Bailey, Discipleship in the New Age (Lucis Press, 1955), Vol.II,, p.220.]

Old 02-14-2012, 12:21 PM

1,263 posts, read 1,389,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairieparson View Post

I agree, and it is only just the beginning of many more changes ahead.

I believe it was in California the gov't there shut down a home based Christian church group for breach of some far fetched city ordinance (non-believing neighbors being the squeaky wheel).

The persecution of saints will become stronger and stronger...birth pains...as we move ever closer to the return of the Lord.

Old 02-14-2012, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saved33 View Post
I agree, and it is only just the beginning of many more changes ahead.

I believe it was in California the gov't there shut down a home based Christian church group for breach of some far fetched city ordinance (non-believing neighbors being the squeaky wheel).

The persecution of saints will become stronger and stronger...birth pains...as we move ever closer to the return of the Lord.
True...!

But no worries, a little persecution never, ever hurt the church.

Lack of persecution, on the other hand...

Old 02-14-2012, 12:23 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph1980 View Post
Do you think churches/Christians should fight back?
Not at all. For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal. We should carry all out war against what passes through what is between our earholes, rather than what is going on outside of us.

if you abide in the Love of God, no man can take your freedom away.

Old 02-14-2012, 12:25 PM

1,263 posts, read 1,389,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph1980 View Post
True...!

But no worries, a little persecution never, ever hurt the church.

Lack of persecution, on the other hand...

Nope, definitely no worries here. Just staying awake and alert...

I have God on my side.

Old 02-14-2012, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saved33 View Post
Nope, definitely no worries here. Just staying awake and alert...

I have God on my side.

Maranatha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity