Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 07:42 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
GEN 15:1 After these things the word of the Lord came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I am your shield, and your exceeding great reward.
Yes Fear not The I AM is our all in all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2012, 08:12 AM

2,541 posts, read 2,541,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
It is virtually impossible to experience the catharsis of another person. Perhaps you can describe. I certainly never had that sort of epiphany.
Well if you in Christ then you should know. If not then you will not know the reward but only His name.

Old 02-17-2012, 08:17 AM

698 posts, read 647,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
Jesus.

Old 02-17-2012, 09:36 AM

3,040 posts, read 5,001,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
Is Christianity a reward/punishment system?
Most of the Abrahamic belief systems are "reward and punishment" beliefs, this is why allot of non-belivers have a hard time with this type of God. They profess a God of unconditional love, but the gotcha is, there are conditions, this creates an oxymoron about Gods love. If love is unconditional then there is no reward or punishment, all peoples fall under the love of God. There are a number of oxymorons in the Abrahamic beliefs systems, God is Omnipresent, however, allot of those who follow Christanity will then begin to tell you where God is and where God isn't, if God is Omnipresent then there is "no where" you can go to separate yourself from God. Even those who choose to believe that there is no God at all, can not separate themselves from God if God is truely Omnipresent.

Old 02-17-2012, 10:58 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,342,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryj View Post
Most of the Abrahamic belief systems are "reward and punishment" beliefs, this is why allot of non-belivers have a hard time with this type of God. They profess a God of unconditional love, but the gotcha is, there are conditions, this creates an oxymoron about Gods love. If love is unconditional then there is no reward or punishment, all peoples fall under the love of God. There are a number of oxymorons in the Abrahamic beliefs systems, God is Omnipresent, however, allot of those who follow Christanity will then begin to tell you where God is and where God isn't, if God is Omnipresent then there is "no where" you can go to separate yourself from God. Even those who choose to believe that there is no God at all, can not separate themselves from God if God is truely Omnipresent.

I have to agree.

The real God would not play games. Religion tries to estimate God, but we really have no idea. The reward, punishment system makes no sense with how I see God. I think we humans underestimate the greatness of God.

In many other threads I have mentioned the concept of Christian hate and how that is an oxymoron. I agree with your concept that God is present in every single atom of the entire universe.

Old 02-17-2012, 03:58 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,018,190 times
The reward of Christianity is more life as believers can live longer and have all their days on the earth if they obey and have faith .... Then believers have Jesus which He gives us His spirit which will give us all the freedom from hard times and freedom from hard dark spirits to help us in our walk with Jesus and develop our spirit in good fruit .... Then believers who have the faith can be a blessing with the Help of Jesus spirit to bless others and have a reward in the permanent life to come and alway have money in their pocket to give and to spend through out their lives By Jesus plan .... then there is protection to know the plan of Jesus and be one step ahead of the devil and His plans for securities in Christ for their lives and ministries ..... Then there can be help to be one step ahead in their jobs in the world With Jesus spirit telling us things before they happen for gain and prevention of accidents ..Bonas!..... God give good gifts..... Glory to God .....

Old 02-17-2012, 04:18 PM

14,882 posts, read 17,160,264 times
Quote:
One defintion of reward is: reward - benefit resulting from some event or action; "it turned out to my advantage"; "reaping the rewards of generosity"

Hi, I don't believe that there is anything wrong about being rewarded for faithfulness, for living for Jesus (which is really the result of God operating in our lives). I believe that the overcomers will be rewarded but it isn't a selfish kind of benefit. It isn't about doing something to get something in return for selfish reasons. God is making us into something beautiful and glorious, for HIs purposes. The overcomers are blessed to be a blessing to others. God is developing traits and characteristics in us that will be to our benefit so that others will be benefited. Jesus was elevated/exalted for what He did and suffered for us and He will see the fruit of His travail and be satisfied. All will be blessed as a result. It will not be in vain. He will be rewarded by receiving the children that God has given to Him and who ultimately belong to the Father. God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 02-17-2012 at 04:39 PM..

Old 02-17-2012, 04:33 PM

874 posts, read 1,648,800 times
I seek God, Jesus, the answer to life and many other questions, and for eternal peace with all the other believers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity