Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 10:18 AM

1,263 posts, read 1,390,058 times

Advertisements

Notice how Jesus is portrayed in the RCC...he is either a "helpless infant" in His mother Mary's arms or as a dead man hanging on a crucifix. He is portrayed as being unable to help any one.

Why is it that it wasn't until 1854 Pope Pius the Ninth declared the teaching of the Immaculate Conception of Mary, meaning that Mary was born without Original Sin. God's Holy Word teaches that Mary herself recognized her need for a savior. (Luke 1:46-49)

Why is it that it wasn't until 1891 Pope Leo the Twelve elevated Mary as Co-Redeemer and Co-Mediator with Jesus Christ. He declared, "From that great treasure of all graces the Lord has brought, nothing according to the Will of God comes to us except through Mary." and "No one can approach Christ except through the Mother."

Why is it that it wasn't until 1950 Pope Pius the Twelve declared the teaching of the Assumption of Mary. It means that Mary was raised, both body and soul, into heaven, where she is exalted as Queen of Heaven. The disciple John - who by the command of Jesus took Mary into his home and who outlived all the other disciples - never in his writings mentioned this would-be miracle.

Ironic and fitting that the few times the name "Queen of Heaven" is used in God's Holy Word, it is concerning idolatry worship...

In 1991 Pope John Paul went to Fatima in Portugal and placed a crown of diamonds on the statue of the Virgin Mary. One of the news magazines reported that he went there to thank the Virgin Mary for saving His life, giving her the credit for saving his life when he was shot...and saying that he owed everything he had and everything he was to her.

Old 02-18-2012, 10:28 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,344,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph1980 View Post
Really, Mary and Jesus looked like that???
Steph:

No one knows what they look like. That is not the important thing. What really matters is that the Blessed Virgin brings men and women to Jesus. Some African Catholics depict Mary as a dark skin woman, no big deal.

Old 02-18-2012, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saved33 View Post
Notice how Jesus is portrayed in the RCC...he is either a "helpless infant" in His mother Mary's arms or as a dead man hanging on a crucifix. He is portrayed as being unable to help any one.

Why is it that it wasn't until 1854 Pope Pius the Ninth declared the teaching of the Immaculate Conception of Mary, meaning that Mary was born without Original Sin. God's Holy Word teaches that Mary herself recognized her need for a savior. (Luke 1:46-49)

Why is it that it wasn't until 1891 Pope Leo the Twelve elevated Mary as Co-Redeemer and Co-Mediator with Jesus Christ. He declared, "From that great treasure of all graces the Lord has brought, nothing according to the Will of God comes to us except through Mary." and "No one can approach Christ except through the Mother."

Why is it that it wasn't until 1950 Pope Pius the Twelve declared the teaching of the Assumption of Mary. It means that Mary was raised, both body and soul, into heaven, where she is exalted as Queen of Heaven. The disciple John - who by the command of Jesus took Mary into his home and who outlived all the other disciples - never in his writings mentioned this would-be miracle.

Ironic and fitting that the few times the name "Queen of Heaven" is used in God's Holy Word, it is concerning idolatry worship...

In 1991 Pope John Paul went to Fatima in Portugal and placed a crown of diamonds on the statue of the Virgin Mary. One of the news magazines reported that he went there to thank the Virgin Mary for saving His life, giving her the credit for saving his life when he was shot...and saying that he owed everything he had and everything he was to her.

Marian theology evolved thru the centuries. We are not Bible fundamentalists like other folks who are stuck in the literal meaning of the NT. We have more sources than just the Bible.

To not accept the differences of other Christians is in itself not a Christian practice. You will never find a Catholic who puts down fundamentalist for not honoring the Blessed Virgin Mary.

Old 02-18-2012, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
Marian theology evolved thru the centuries. We are not Bible fundamentalists like other folks who are stuck in the literal meaning of the NT. We have more sources than just the Bible.

To not accept the differences of other Christians is in itself not a Christian practice. You will never find a Catholic who puts down fundamentalist for not honoring the Blessed Virgin Mary.

'Marian theology' is an oxymoron.

Merriam-Webster defines theology as "the study of God and God's relation to the world." My focus is on God, not Mary.

Old 02-18-2012, 10:50 AM

Quote:
'Marian theology' is an oxymoron.

Merriam-Webster defines theology as "the study of God and God's relation to the world." My focus is on God, not Mary.

From wiki:

Quote:
Roman Catholic Mariology is theology concerned with the Virgin Mary, the mother of Jesus Christ as developed by the Catholic Church. Roman Catholic teachings on the subject have been based on the belief that "The Blessed Virgin, because she is the Mother of God, is believed to hold a certain infinite dignity from the infinite good which is God."[1][2] Theologically, Roman Catholic Mariology deals with not only her life but also with veneration of her in daily life, prayer, hymns, art (where she has been a favorite topic), music, and architecture in modern and ancient Christianity throughout the ages.[3][4][5]

Maybe I should have said Mariology. Thanks.

Old 02-18-2012, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
From wiki:

Maybe I should have said Mariology. Thanks.

Actually, you were closer when you did call what the RCC teaches "Marian theology". It's all about Mary...

Old 02-18-2012, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Actually, you were closer when you did call what the RCC teaches "Marian theology". It's all about Mary...
Have you ever been to mass?

The mass is all about Jesus. The RCC is the original Christian Church and it precedes the NT. In fact the RCC put the canon of NT together. It was the church the one that decided which books were the inspiration of God.

The helpless infant comment has no place in the discussion one way or the other. Not sure what is the point of the helpless infant comment.

If you guys do not like a crucifix I have no issues with that.

Old 02-18-2012, 01:15 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,512,386 times
I am not Catholic but my maternal family are.
I have been to mass many times...
It was beautiful, it was inspirational and it was about Christ..

Gods Church is not behind a label, it is not behind the doors of a building..He said where 2 or three are gathered in His name He is in their midst..

None of us are perfect, none of us have the whole truth, none of us can rightfully judge anothers beliefs let alone see into their hearts.

I believe that God has placed his members just where He wants them to do the most good for whatever reason we do not understand..but God is good..all the time..

jmho

Old 02-18-2012, 01:15 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,636,718 times
Micah 1

1The word of the LORD that came to Micah the Morasthite in the days of Jotham, Ahaz, and Hezekiah, kings of Judah, which he saw concerning Samaria and Jerusalem.

2Hear, all ye people; hearken, O earth, and all that therein is: and let the Lord GOD be witness against you, the LORD from his holy temple.

3For, behold, the LORD cometh forth out of his place, and will come down, and tread upon the high places of the earth.

4And the mountains shall be molten under him, and the valleys shall be cleft, as wax before the fire, and as the waters that are poured down a steep place.

5For the transgression of Jacob is all this, and for the sins of the house of Israel. What is the transgression of Jacob? is it not Samaria? and what are the high places of Judah? are they not Jerusalem?

6Therefore I will make Samaria as an heap of the field, and as plantings of a vineyard: and I will pour down the stones thereof into the valley, and I will discover the foundations thereof.

7And all the graven images thereof shall be beaten to pieces, and all the hires thereof shall be burned with the fire, and all the idols thereof will I lay desolate: for she gathered it of the hire of an harlot, and they shall return to the hire of an harlot.

Micah 5

10And it shall come to pass in that day, saith the LORD, that I will cut off thy horses out of the midst of thee, and I will destroy thy chariots:

11And I will cut off the cities of thy land, and throw down all thy strong holds:

12And I will cut off witchcrafts out of thine hand; and thou shalt have no more soothsayers:

13Thy graven images also will I cut off, and thy standing images out of the midst of thee; and thou shalt no more worship the work of thine hands.

14And I will pluck up thy groves out of the midst of thee: so will I destroy thy cities.

Read Pagan Groves as Obelisk

These passages are talking about the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Matthew 24:22-27

22And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

23Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.

24For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

25Behold, I have told you before.

26Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

27For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Luke 8:20-22

And it was told him by certain which said, Thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to see thee. And he answered and said unto them, My mother and my brethren are these which hear the word of God, and do it.

Messiah Jesus is the sole mediator between man and the Father.

1 Timothy 2:5
For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Lord Messiah Jesus is our sole High Priest.

Psalm 1101The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

2The LORD shall send the rod of thy strength out of Zion: rule thou in the midst of thine enemies.

3Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth.

4The LORD hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek.

Old 02-18-2012, 04:09 PM

9,895 posts, read 1,274,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
I am not Catholic but my maternal family are.
I have been to mass many times...
It was beautiful, it was inspirational and it was about Christ..

Gods Church is not behind a label, it is not behind the doors of a building..He said where 2 or three are gathered in His name He is in their midst..

None of us are perfect, none of us have the whole truth, none of us can rightfully judge anothers beliefs let alone see into their hearts.

I believe that God has placed his members just where He wants them to do the most good for whatever reason we do not understand..but God is good..all the time..

jmho
I agree with you that where two or three are gathered in His name He is in their midst. But I have trouble believing that God was only kidding about the second commandment which tells us to not have graven images nor bow before them. God said He is a jealous God. He said we should have no other gods before Him.

Like you, I have catholic family and friends, and they are wonderful people. But what the RCC does by putting Mary on an equal plane with Jesus is just plain wrong. Moderator cut: bashing

I don't hate catholics Miss Blue. And I don't have to judge them. The word does that.

God Bless,

Katie

Last edited by june 7th; 02-19-2012 at 07:30 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity