Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2012, 07:11 AM

9,895 posts, read 1,269,206 times

Advertisements

It is a terrifying thing to fall into the hands of the living God. (Hebrews 10:31)

Isaiah 5:24
"Therefore, as the fire devours the stubble, And the flame consumes the chaff,
So their root will be as rottenness, And their blossom will ascend like dust;
Because they have rejected the law of the Lord of hosts,
And despised the word of the Holy One of Israel."

Katie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2012, 07:29 AM

Why We Should Study The Bible?

10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.

13 Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm. 14 Stand firm therefore, HAVING GIRDED YOUR LOINS WITH TRUTH, and HAVING PUT ON THE BREASTPLATE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS, 15 and having shod YOUR FEET WITH THE PREPARATION OF THE GOSPEL OF PEACE; 16 in addition to all, taking up the shield of faith with which you will be able to extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 And take THE HELMET OF SALVATION, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

Ephesians 6:10-17

Katie

Old 03-07-2012, 11:00 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,385,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiemygirl View Post
It is a terrifying thing to fall into the hands of the living God. (Hebrews 10:31)

Katie
Quote:

10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.

13 Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm. 14 Stand firm therefore, HAVING GIRDED YOUR LOINS WITH TRUTH, and HAVING PUT ON THE BREASTPLATE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS, 15 and having shod YOUR FEET WITH THE PREPARATION OF THE GOSPEL OF PEACE; 16 in addition to all, taking up the shield of faith with which you will be able to extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 And take THE HELMET OF SALVATION, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

Katie

Katie I don't know if it is because you don't want to see or because you simply cannot see, but I have NOT rejected the LAW of the LORD.

The law of the Lord says But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

The Babylonian Code of Hammurabi says An eye for an eye.

I rejectThe Babylonian Code of Hammurabi, which was written 200+ years before Moses but inserted into the law of Moses by the scribes and then attributed to Moses.

If the law and eye for an eye was the law of God, why does Jesus says you have heard that it hath been said? What did He not say something like My Father says and eye for an eye, or God says and eye for an eye, or the LAW says and eye for an eye.

If this was Gods LAW why did Jesus NOT reference it accordingly as pertaining to the law?

This is the problem people have when their faith is in a book and not in Christ, when the book is shown to be in error they simply reject all the evidence showing it is because their faith in God is tied up in the bible. If the bible has errors (or as I state interpolation by man from the lying pen of the scribes) in it their faith in God is found wanting.

They simply cannot believe in God if the scriptures have been altered by the lying pen of the scribes.

Old 03-07-2012, 07:50 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,381,249 times
When we study God's Word it keeps us anchored and connected to thinking the way God does and the Holy Spirit will use it to comfort us and guide us through difficult times.

Old 03-08-2012, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
When we study God's Word it keeps us anchored and connected to thinking the way God does and the Holy Spirit will use it to comfort us and guide us through difficult times.
I have no problem with that ILNC, my problem is with the additions and deletions from the scriptures by the scribes.

Old 03-08-2012, 09:55 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,696,510 times
Quote:

Katie
Quote:

Katie
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Amen to you both !! Let us...Rejoice in the Lord always ; again I will say, rejoice ! And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. The things you have learned and received and heard, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you. (Galatians 4:4;7;9)

Our God is faithful and will keep AND has sealed those He has given the faith to believe, agreeing with Him their need for Him in their life and now their life has turned in trusting, honoring, and obeying His commands through His Holy Spirits leading, teaching in the scriptures, His perfect word regardless of those who bring a false gospel.

That is what I like about coming to this forum it has taught me and have learned a lot in how to hear and listen to His Spirits leading as He reveals the false truths of men, the flesh, and Satan.
It is a wonderful place to be that is steadfast in Him, hearing His voice continuously in discerning His truth against all those who oppose Him...... it always seems whatever I may be reading and studying in His word.. He'll use something here being spoken or whatever that is opposing His will, His truth in what I'm learning He'll confirm His truth and strengthen my faith muscle in Him.... amen !!

And another thing is that one will find the more one learns in reading, studying, listening to His voice to discern His truth, His word the quicker you will detect the error of false teacher's and their ways !!!

Galatians 1:9 (NAS)
As we have said before, so I say again now, if any man is preaching to you a gospel contrary to what you received, he is to be accursed !

Amen..... ~As the Scripture tell us we learn the gospel not of/by men, but of/by God.... !!

Old 03-08-2012, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Amen to you both !! Let us...Rejoice in the Lord always ; again I will say, rejoice ! And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. The things you have learned and received and heard, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you. (Galatians 4:4;7;9)

Our God is faithful and will keep AND has sealed those He has given the faith to believe, agreeing with Him their need for Him in their life and now their life has turned in trusting, honoring, and obeying His commands through His Holy Spirits leading, teaching in the scriptures, His perfect word regardless of those who bring a false gospel.

That is what I like about coming to this forum it has taught me and have learned a lot in how to hear and listen to His Spirits leading as He reveals the false truths of men, the flesh, and Satan.
It is a wonderful place to be that is steadfast in Him, hearing His voice continuously in discerning His truth against all those who oppose Him...... it always seems whatever I may be reading and studying in His word.. He'll use something here being spoken or whatever that is opposing His will, His truth in what I'm learning He'll confirm His truth and strengthen my faith muscle in Him.... amen !!

And another thing is that one will find the more one learns in reading, studying, listening to His voice to discern His truth, His word the quicker you will detect the error of false teacher's and their ways !!!

As we have said before, so I say again now, if any man is preaching to you a gospel contrary to what you received, he is to be accursed !

Amen..... ~As the Scripture tell us we learn the gospel not of/by men, but of/by God.... !!
A most excellent post Cyber! Thank you. I couldn't agree more.

Here's the thing. Some on the forum have subtly suggested that because people like you, myself and others believe that the Bible is the inspired, infallible word of God, that we may be lost.

My question is this. What makes any of us so powerful that we can make a decision about what should and shouldn't be included in the Bible? What one person says should be included, another person says it shouldn't. Both sides can be intelligent, well read people, but who among us has the power to decide?

Furthermore, what is it specifically that these people don't believe should or should not be in the Bible. How do these things effect the doctrine of Christ and the apostles? I just don't see that it matters.

There is so much good that can be gleaned from the Bible. Why undermine the Holy Spirit by teaching people that some parts of the Bible are lies or that some parts are not there that should be?

IMHO, we will bring more souls to Christ if we encourage people to read the Bible, and to trust God enough, that He will guide us and help us discern His word than telling folks that the Bible has been corrupted by men. Many a people will never turn to God because they have been discouraged. The scripture comes to mind when Jesus warns about hurting little ones. I don't think He was speaking of children, but of those who are very young in the faith. I don't ever want to account for driving a soul away from Jesus.

God Bless,

Katie

Last edited by MissKate12; 03-08-2012 at 01:23 PM..

Old 03-08-2012, 03:19 PM

1,263 posts, read 1,389,511 times
Quote:

Here's the thing. Some on the forum have subtly suggested that because people like you, myself and others believe that the Bible is the inspired, infallible word of God, that we may be lost.

My question is this. What makes any of us so powerful that we can make a decision about what should and shouldn't be included in the Bible? What one person says should be included, another person says it shouldn't. Both sides can be intelligent, well read people, but who among us has the power to decide?

Furthermore, what is it specifically that these people don't believe should or should not be in the Bible. How do these things effect the doctrine of Christ and the apostles? I just don't see that it matters.

There is so much good that can be gleaned from the Bible. Why undermine the Holy Spirit by teaching people that some parts of the Bible are lies or that some parts are not there that should be?

IMHO, we will bring more souls to Christ if we encourage people to read the Bible, and to trust God enough, that He will guide us and help us discern His word than telling folks that the Bible has been corrupted by men. Many a people will never turn to God because they have been discouraged. The scripture comes to mind when Jesus warns about hurting little ones. I don't think He was speaking of children, but of those who are very young in the faith. I don't ever want to account for driving a soul away from Jesus.

God Bless,

Katie

I wholeheartedly agree with you, Katie.

Great post!

Old 03-08-2012, 03:21 PM

1,263 posts, read 1,389,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post

Amen, Cyber!

Old 03-08-2012, 05:17 PM

Quote:

Never entered my mind sis as I believe none will be lost.

Quote:

Maybe that question should have been asked 1700 years ago as 300 people sat down and did just that.

Quote:
Furthermore, what is it specifically that these people don't believe should or should not be in the Bible.

I already gave you what I believe is not scripture Katie and Jesus agrees with me.

Quote:
How do these things effect the doctrine of Christ and the apostles? I just don't see that it matters.

How can you say you don't see how it matters. Of course it matters or Jesus would not have pointed it out to us. Truth always matters.

Quote:
There is so much good that can be gleaned from the Bible.

We all agree with that.

Quote:
Why undermine the Holy Spirit by teaching people that some parts of the Bible are lies or that some parts are not there that should be?

The Holy Spirit cannot be undermined as he lead us into ALL TRUTH. And it is TRUTH that the bible has been added to and taken away from.

What you do not seem to realise sis is that what I believe was taken right out of the scriptures.

Lying pen of the scribes added to the law of Moses
Warnings in the scriptures not to add or take away from the scriptures
Jesus showing us that an eye for an eye is not scripture.

So I did not come at this from an external source sis I came at this from the scriptures themselves. It was the scriptures themselves that lead me down this road.

Quote:

And many many more will not come to Christ because they can see with their own eyes that the bible is not infallible, that it does indeed contain errors. So the very ones you are trying to reach cannot be reached.

And how is it I am driving anyone away from Jesus when I have said time and again we must take EVERY thought captive to HIM.

The difference between what I do and what you do is this.

I lead them to Christ

You lead them to the bible

When lead to the bible they see the errors because of the lying pen of the scribes. And this is why there is so much confusion over the bible.

When lead to Christ they find NO errors because He is the unadulterated WORD of GOD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity